21 replies to this topic

#1 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:58 PM

Hi all,

Here are my mods installations,

SoS
CtB
Wiemer's collection, tactics, ease of use etc.
Tashia

I am at the second Selence's quest and trying to rescue to the little girl from the werewolfs.

Problem is the greater werewolfs are invincible. I am hitting them with +3 and +4 weapons, blunt and slashing. No avail. I tried hitting them with magic. No luck there. Mord swords does not hurt at all.

So, how do I kill these beasts ? Secondly, Tashia got hit from the master werewolf and she is damaged 1 pt per round. How long does this last ??????? I had her drinking four or five health potions and she still dies!

I browse the greater werewolfs and they had a ring for weapon immunity. Problem is the ring settings is a bit odd.

The values are set to 0 and 11. Are these rights ?

Are the greater werewolves suppose to be immnue to + 5 weapons ? If they are, then how am I suppose to get rid of them ?

Thanks.

#2 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:10 PM

Hi all,

Here are my mods installations,

SoS
CtB
Wiemer's collection, tactics, ease of use etc.
Tashia

I am at the second Selence's quest and trying to rescue to the little girl from the werewolfs.

Problem is the greater werewolfs are invincible. I am hitting them with +3 and +4 weapons, blunt and slashing. No avail. I tried hitting them with magic. No luck there. Mord swords does not hurt at all.

So, how do I kill these beasts ? Secondly, Tashia got hit from the master werewolf and she is damaged 1 pt per round. How long does this last ??????? I had her drinking four or five health potions and she still dies!

I browse the greater werewolfs and they had a ring for weapon immunity. Problem is the ring settings is a bit odd.

The values are set to 0 and 11. Are these rights ?

Are the greater werewolves suppose to be immnue to + 5 weapons ? If they are, then how am I suppose to get rid of them ?

Thanks.

View Post

This is probably a stupid question but do have the SoS patch 101 cos this was a problem with the unpatched game if i remember rightly. Other than that the only thing i can suggest is from the SoS walkthrough maybe this will help:

If you are having some difficulty with the Greater Werewolves inhabiting the Bucko mansion, Ziad El-Hajj has a neat tip for you:

?I noticed something interesting about the first two floors. The first time I went in was during the day, and both floors were crawling with Greater Werewolves (we?re talking a dozen per floor). I was forced to restore the game, then I rested. It was midnight when my party woke up, and when I went in the first two floors were empty. I guess even Greater Werewolves go to sleep ? :rolleyes:

Edited by wellunhappy, 18 September 2005 - 04:20 PM.

#3 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:53 AM

The version I am playing is SoS-Weidu102, which I presume means version 102 so it should contain the patch you are referring to.

As for the sleeping trick, I did try it and notice the first two levels were indeed empty but the third level is still occupied by greater werewolves and master werewolves.

I am just going to give these stupid werewolves a pass if there are no solutions.

#4 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:38 AM

That issue has nothing to do with any mod - that is an original game feature to make Greater Werevolves almost invulnerable to anything (except very few special weapons). So blame BioWare for that.

***Hint***
That deals with RNGLOUP.ITM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#5 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

That issue has nothing to do with any mod - that is an original game feature to make Greater Werevolves almost invulnerable to anything (except very few special weapons). So blame BioWare for that.

***Hint***
That deals with RNGLOUP.ITM.

View Post

Okay. Thanks for that. I assume these were from BG1-ToTSC ? I recall meeting some rather nasty werewolves in that game. I guess I am used to wolveweres rather than werewolves.

Anyway, I tried the sword against shiftshifters and that seems to be able to hurt them.

Thanks again.

#6 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:48 AM

Okay. Thanks for that. I assume these were from BG1-ToTSC ? I recall meeting some rather nasty werewolves in that game. I guess I am used to wolveweres rather than werewolves.

View Post

No, not from BG1. As far as I remember those besties are from some areas where you meet BG2 version of Tazok....don't remember an exact location. BG1 versions of Greater Werevolves are much easier to kill....

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#7 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:57 AM

I think we're discussing two different bugs.

RINGLOUP is what causes the well-nigh invincibilty of creatures, and is a holdover from BG1 loup garous. It requires magical, non-cold iron weapons for damage to occur, but only a handful of weapons in both games can affect creatures using RINGLOUP--you'll almost always get a 'weapon ineffective' message because of the non-cold iron restriction. (Non-cold iron was used in BG1 to flag weapons which could hurt werewolves, but it unused in BG2 as they went with the enchantment level system instead.) This item is the main reason why many (mistakenly) believe that loup garous and greater wolfweres require insanely + items to hit and why Anath in BG2 is practically invincible.

RINGWOLF is the item used by wolfweres to simulate their regeneration. RINGWOLF has a bug that allows regeneration to keep stacking with itself, meaning that several save-and-reloads near a RINGWOLF bearing creature will result in insanely high regen levels. This issue is characterized by putting insane amounts of damage into a creature and having it remain at full/very high health.

RINGLOUP was used on BG1 greater werewolves and wolfweres (and Anath in BG2) and RINGWOLF is what causes the problems with the lycanthropes in Tazok's area (Firkraag's dungeon).

edit: It's Anath, not Annah. Sorry.

Edited by CamDawg, 19 September 2005 - 02:50 PM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#8 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:26 AM

I think we're discussing two different bugs.

RINGLOUP is what causes the well-nigh invincibilty of creatures, and is a holdover from BG1 loup garous. It requires magical, non-cold iron weapons for damage to occur, but only a handful of weapons in both games can affect creatures using RINGLOUP--you'll almost always get a 'weapon ineffective' message because of the non-cold iron restriction. (Non-cold iron was used in BG1 to flag weapons which could hurt werewolves, but it unused in BG2 as they went with the enchantment level system instead.) This item is the main reason why many (mistakenly) believe that loup garous and greater wolfweres require insanely + items to hit and why Anath in BG2 is practically invincible.

RINGWOLF is the item used by wolfweres to simulate their regeneration. RINGWOLF has a bug that allows regeneration to keep stacking with itself, meaning that several save-and-reloads near a RINGWOLF bearing creature will result in insanely high regen levels. This issue is characterized by putting insane amounts of damage into a creature and having it remain at full/very high health.

RINGLOUP was used on BG1 greater werewolves and wolfweres (and Anath in BG2) and RINGWOLF is what causes the problems with the lycanthropes in Tazok's area (Firkraag's dungeon).

edit: It's Anath, not Annah. Sorry.

View Post

I just want to confirm that there is indeed one big bad wolf (Sorry could'nt resist)who is totally invincible and i mean invincible, I had a really high level party most had +5 some with +6 Nada, nothing. threw some PS mod spells at him damage yippee, but by the time i hit him again with another spell he'd regenerated most of the damage. I've never had any problems with any other werewolves just this one wolfman. The good news is this whole mod is so buggy, on occasion when you enter the room he just stands there and does absolutely nothing. :fish:

#9 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

I just want to confirm that there is indeed one big bad wolf (Sorry could'nt resist)who is totally invincible and i mean invincible, I had a really high level party most had +5 some with +6 Nada, nothing. threw some PS mod spells at him damage yippee, but by the time i hit him again with another spell he'd regenerated most of the damage. I've never had any problems with any other werewolves just this one wolfman. The good news is this whole mod is so buggy, on occasion when you enter the room he just stands there and does absolutely nothing. :fish:

The wolf isn't totally invincible, you just need spells or a weapon that has the correct flag set in order to do any damage. Because of the insane regeneration rate you have to do a lot of damage quickly in order to take these guys down.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#10 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

Magic Missiles rule!!!!
Lower itīs resistance and cast MM in lightening speed.

#11 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:12 AM

DesertRanger is right :
make a front line with your warrior or whatever character with super high AC
Carsomyr can hit the master werewolf , but Keldorn miss a lot, valygar equiped with celestial fury +5 didn't touch him :wacko:
so lower magic resistance and magic missiles to death. -> a lot of monsters can be killed in this way

if u take too much time, u are turned into werewolf :woot:

Edited by Silver Raven, 10 December 2005 - 07:23 AM.

#12 -frabjous-

-frabjous-

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

Spells that ignore magic resistance can get the werewolves. I used dragon's breath, bolt of glory and flamestrike a lot. They work.

Other than that, I used a LOT of lower resistance spells, then got em with magic missile, chain lightning, or abi dazim's.

#13 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

A question about Master Werewolf - isn't it a silver that is a better thing against werewolves, vampires and other unholy creatures?
And another question - Master's weapon is... zero-enchanted?!?!

Retired from modding.

#14 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

bump - still an issue...

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#15 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

Just did this myself, and the only weapon that worked was unholy reaver(weimer anti paladin) while celestial fury +5 didn't seem to work. Killed em ok with lower resistance, magic missile , and big hits with sword. However 2 npcs took a lot of damage from direct hits and kept on taking damage even after drinking potions and leaving area. Had to go to a temple in Wauk Prom to get lesser restoration and it finally went away. Even healing to full hp didn't seem to work.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

This why I generally create an item exactly for this purpose--a +100 (enchantment only) weapon that drains 1 point of constitution per hit. Cast improved haste and after 2-3 rounds you can kill anything...in fact the inspiration from this came when I cast protection from magical weapons on Haerdalis and with Improved Haste and his swords he managed to kill Arkanis Gath (though... I ended up losing everyone else in my party since I only had 1 invis potion for my PC at the time...)

#17 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

Immunity to Weapons and the values set to 0 and 11 actually mean the creatures are invulnerable to physical damage.

#18 Ronar

Ronar
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

If you cast the spell Improved alacrity (in case you have it), then follow it up by two lower resistances + anything offensive you have, it should only last about 10 seconds. Impr. alacrity is a great great spell.

#19 coineineagh

coineineagh
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

I loved those werewolves!
I'm carrying around some overpowered gear with me, and it was a delight that I had to unequip the Doom Bringer sword from Minsc (4d12+4, +5acid, fire, electric & cold, insane) and use the improved destroyer sword from Improved Anvil (+6 enchanted) to kill them. Great fun, heh heh, right Boo?

#20 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

Off the side note, Greater Malison and Instant Death spells like Slay Living and Finger of Death are handy on irritating Werewolves.
That being said, in BG1 you probably don't have such spells. If it is an issue though, you can always CLUAConsole in the scrolls for them.
Some Wolves also have less than 60 hitpoints. Gathering them close and using a Death Spell is also handy.

Edited by Zyraen, 15 June 2008 - 06:35 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression