Photo

Haeball problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

I encountered Haeball, but he is not giving me any quests. I can trade items with him, but that's pretty much all. I was in Chapter 4 when i met him, right before going to the Bandit camp, and i was level 7.
Any idea what the problem could be ?

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:23 AM

The fact that his quest doesn't take place until after you are finished with the Candlekeep crypts and finished a quest for someone in the Gate, could be a factor. ;)

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:28 AM

OK, thanks, that clears it. :)

#4 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

Also, another question :

I went to Firewine ruins with Nib's scroll; i found the secret door he was talking about. However, on the second level (the one with fledgling vampires), i cannot unlock the stairs down. I have Nib's scroll, but it doesn't seem to affect it; i also killed the vampires, looted the place, but still cannot find another key to open the stairs.

Edited by Deadlok, 13 October 2005 - 11:12 AM.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

For some reason you need a jar of flaming oil (a IWD/NeJ item that has the picture of balming fluid from PST). Since the original game was based on BGT-BP, you have this. But in BGT-Weidu, you may not. So I need to fix this with some other item instead. Thanks for pointing this out.

Download this ITEM file into your override folder. Use -

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("CBCL009")

so it will be in your inventory. The description will not make sense or will be invalid but that is okay.

I will have to update the game by adding this back in. Thanks.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#6 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:25 AM

Ok, thanks.
(i'll put whatever else i encounter in this thread, if it's ok - i'm playing from the beginning, and i might encounter some unknown issues) :

Another thing happened

On the Firewine bridge there is a paladin near Poe. Speaking to the paladin you find out he killed his brother, and that his brother will come back after him, and you should defend him.
However, i waited for a while (it was night time) and nothing appeared. I wandered around the map 10 minutes, and then i spoke again to the paladin. I got some exp points for "defending him from the revenant" and the quest was solved, but i didn't actually fight any revenant, none appeared.

Edited by Deadlok, 14 October 2005 - 12:47 AM.

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:24 AM

Interesting. The creature (a zombie) should have appeared after talking to him. The creature's creation is based on his dialog, not any scripts. So I guess I need to see what happened. Perhaps a typo? At least you were able to continue.

Classic Adventures

#8 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

A small one :
somewhere in the CloakWood Mines there is a staff +4 (i don't recall its full name, but i know it began with 'C'); anyways the problem is that it had no inventory image - i was able to see it only because of the blue overlay of the 'unidentified item' status, but it wasn't anything else, even after i identified it.

Edited by Deadlok, 16 October 2005 - 10:07 PM.

#9 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:05 AM

Another problem (big one) :
I'm doing Jet'Laya quest, but when i try to pass from the Forest of Sharp Teeth to the next area through the east exit and the worldmap, i get a CTD. I would like to CLUAConsole myself there, but i don't know the area code.

Edit : i CLUAConsoled in, it worked for a while, but when i fought a ghast it CTD again. :( However, it is really random - after reloading it works for a while.In the end, I managed to get to the sister, but she beats the crap out of me.

Edited by Deadlok, 17 October 2005 - 09:23 AM.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

To fight the banshee sister, buff your savings throws so you can beat her wails.

The area movement areas between DSC001 to DSC002 are a known problem with the Worldmap mod (fixed in the latest private beta).

Classic Adventures

#11 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

I killed her at last, only with paladin Ajantis + potion of magic resistance :D

However, here's what happened after i defeated her:

my main character (Raven) leveled up so i pressed the 'level up' button. Immediately after returning to game, he leveled up once again without reason, but in a weird way : he dual classed to the same class , and his weapon slots in the inventory came down from 4 to 2. Also, i got a message saying :'Katana : Raven' , but it really puzzled me (i have no katana, nor katana proficiency)
Also, I was not level/experience drained before leveling up.

My character class is 'Bladesinger', from the TDD classes, but until now i never experienced problems with it.

Also, when i exited the banshee map to go to Beregost, i got a CTD, so probably i'll have to CLUAConsole myself there.

Edited by Deadlok, 18 October 2005 - 10:43 AM.

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

The problem with areas DSC001 and DSC002 are problems going both directions. Yes, you will need to jump past this. Make sure you do go back to DSC002 after the banshee, there is a new quest with the phantoms there.

As for your leveling, it looks like some of the text in the game is scrabled from either an overwrite during a mod install or a corruption problem (I would go with the first assumption).

Classic Adventures