Photo

2 Small BGT bug reports

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:37 PM

At the Menu Screen - Click on New BG2 Game.
The popup message has spacing errors, part of it says "Baldur's Gate II:Shadows of Amn", should have spaces between "II:Shadows"

Also, if you have NEJ2 installed before installing BGT the nej theme song still plays on the very first menu screen.

EDIT:
Never mind, I'm stupid, candlekeep quests do originally give 50xp each.

Edited by kharan5876, 19 October 2005 - 08:53 PM.

#2 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

Well, i am at level 9 now, and i didn't even set foot in Baldur's Gate city. I only did most of the original quests outside the city, half the Bonehill mod and 2/3 of DSotSC. And I didn't even started any TotSC, NTotSC or Baldur's Gate city quests.
So even with the XP reduction patch, you will still have plenty of XP from quests, don't worry. (actually you will begin BG2 way more powerful than in the original game)

Edited by Deadlok, 19 October 2005 - 08:47 PM.

#3 Mantriel

Mantriel
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:17 AM

Another "bug"

In the Area 4300 when I hit the Tabulator ("Tab") button I get a very big weird and strange hourglass form. It's in the North West quarter but spawns into the North East too.
In 2008 I was playing: BGT, 1PP, Ascension, Tactics, Bagbonus.

Few years before that I was playing:
BG1 + TotSC + BGTalesUK5512 Patch + BG2 + ToB + ToB Patch 26498 + Weidu Baldurdash v1.4 + Weidu SoS v102 + Weidu TDD v1 + Weidu BGT v099b3+ Weidu Sos-BGT + Weidu DSotSC v172 + Weidu NSotSC v132 + Weidu SoBH v195 + Weidu BG1NPC4BGT v9 + Weidu BP-BGT Worldmap v3b + Weidu Ascension v1.4.21 + Weidu Unfinished Business v14 + Weidu Tactics v23 + Weidu Bagbonus + Weidu Mazzy the Paladin v05alpha + Weidu Black Rose 1 +Weidu 1pp v2 + Blucher's 1lvlNPC-s.

#4 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

In candlekeep in the beginning, I was drinking at winthrops and all the journal entries he gave me were added to the quest journal instead of the normal one.

I'm not fully sure what causes this, but sometimes Imoen never spawns in the first area after candlekeep. I completed all the quests in candlekeep and she did not spawn. I've tried starting a new game and just talking to gorion, picking several different choices when talking to her and she showed up everytime. So maybe this has to do with completing a certain quest in candlekeep or something like that? I have BG1NPC v9 installed so that could be part of it.

Edited by kharan5876, 20 October 2005 - 02:15 PM.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

In candlekeep in the beginning, I was drinking at winthrops and all the journal entries he gave me were added to the quest journal instead of the normal one.

I'm not fully sure what causes this, but sometimes Imoen never spawns in the first area after candlekeep. I completed all the quests in candlekeep and she did not spawn. I've tried starting a new game and just talking to gorion, picking several different choices when talking to her and she showed up everytime. So maybe this has to do with completing a certain quest in candlekeep or something like that? I have BG1NPC v9 installed so that could be part of it.

View Post

Its the first time I heard of Imoen not appearing, very weird.

Winthrop's quest entries should be OK. They will be removed when you finish the respective quests.

In the Area 4300 when I hit the Tabulator ("Tab") button I get a very big weird and strange hourglass form. It's in the North West quarter but spawns into the North East too.

I don't quite understand what you mean by strange hourglass form. Are you referring to the cursor? A creature? If its a creature, what's its name?

At the Menu Screen - Click on New BG2 Game.
The popup message has spacing errors, part of it says "Baldur's Gate II:Shadows of Amn", should have spaces between "II:Shadows"

Also, if you have NEJ2 installed before installing BGT the nej theme song still plays on the very first menu screen

The menu screen component will change next version, so these should be OK.

Edited by Ascension64, 20 October 2005 - 02:25 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

I'm just gonna use this thread to write up bugs in BG1 for now, so heres my weidu log for future reference
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day,  v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-TDD-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Shadows Over Soubar"
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.03
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De'Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #6 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector's Edition CD.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #7 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 1
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Boo - Minsc?s Familiar
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #7 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #8 // Melora NPC - Chaotic-Neutral Halfling Swashbuckler
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Leina NPC - True-Neutral Half-Elf Bard Of Melody
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Areas & Sounds
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-NEJ2V6A.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v6.0a (cummulative patch)
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Intelligent EscapeArea()
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #3 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Menu Screens
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Change Elminster wielding sword to Elminster wielding staff in start screen
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.72 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Area .tis files. (Required)
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.32 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Core Install
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Non-joinable character portraits
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Coran's Romance (Rated: R)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // Install Player-Initiated Dialogues
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.00 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas?  This must be done at least once!
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Setup default worldmap location visibility (recommended)
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~SETUP HHMOD V02B.TP2~ #0 #0 // Heaven and Hell Kits

The caravan in the area between Friendly arm inn and beregost... The new quest where the black talon is supposed to talk to you and then attack you. I went there without kagain and she just came up and attacked me, no dialog and no other bandits around. Is this right?

Friendly Arm Inn still had fog of war, is this intentional? BP-BGT-NEJ had it removed and it is also removed from Candlekeep here.

Beregost also has the fog of war.

All the items for sale at the jovial juggler are greyed out and cannot be purchased.

Some new version of the CTD problem in Beregost. I entered the Thunderhammer smithy and bought a longsword +1. No matter what I do now I cannot enter Beregost without getting a CTD, even consoling to different places and entering from there. My save game became corrupted.
I deleted the beregost file out of my save game and it works fine now. I saved a copy of that file and can post it if you want it. Tried going back to the smithy again and this time the bug did not occur.

Accepting Purdues quest to retrieve his short sword does not add any journal entries.

Garrick never appeared in Beregost.

Beregost savegame corruption happened again, after returning the letter to (mirienne? whatever her name is, its the letter found off the ogre on the highway south of beregost). Anyway after leaving her house I quick saved, then I left beregost and went to the area south of ulcaster. Upon entering that area my I CTDed. Both the quicksave and autosave were corrupted.

Winthrop's quest entries should be OK. They will be removed when you finish the respective quests.

Makes sense, but the quest journal can get a little cluttered with all those entries in there that can't be solved until you progress the main plot.

Melicamps dialogue is still wrong if you talk to him right after he is restored, but it doesnt break the quest, you can still talk to thal and get your reward.

Edited by kharan5876, 20 October 2005 - 07:14 PM.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:03 AM

The caravan in the area between Friendly arm inn and beregost... The new quest where the black talon is supposed to talk to you and then attack you. I went there without kagain and she just came up and attacked me, no dialog and no other bandits around. Is this right?

New quest? Can you remind me who the bandit was and what the quest is about?

Friendly Arm Inn still had fog of war, is this intentional? BP-BGT-NEJ had it removed and it is also removed from Candlekeep here.

Beregost also has the fog of war.

Yup, BGT-WeiDU returns fog of war. I think G3 tweaks may have a component that remedies this.

All the items for sale at the jovial juggler are greyed out and cannot be purchased.

OK, this is the second report. I'll have a look when I get some free time.

Some new version of the CTD problem in Beregost. I entered the Thunderhammer smithy and bought a longsword +1. No matter what I do now I cannot enter Beregost without getting a CTD, even consoling to different places and entering from there. My save game became corrupted.
I deleted the beregost file out of my save game and it works fine now. I saved a copy of that file and can post it if you want it. Tried going back to the smithy again and this time the bug did not occur.

Please do send a copy of that file. This might be the closest we'll get.

Accepting Purdues quest to retrieve his short sword does not add any journal entries.

Maybe a hex offset error. The dialogue system change should fix this one up, I hope.

Garrick never appeared in Beregost.

Now that is wonky. Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe a rare compatibility issue.

EDIT: This is rather odd, because you mentioned Imoen not appearing in some cases either. This must be that some mod is doing an EXTEND_TOP on the corresponding scripts that loop over and over, preventing trigger of the NPC spawning scripts, or worse, those mods totally replace those scripts. Can you let me know if there are any script blocks (if you happen to know any editing) above these following lines?

IF
  Global("BP_BG1NPC6700","GLOBAL",0)
  Level(Player1,1) --> this is the top of the Garrick spawn blocks
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("BP_BG1NPC6700","GLOBAL",1)
    CreateCreature("Garric",[2504.2270],5) // Garrick
END

IF
  Global("BP_BG1NPC6600","GLOBAL",0)
  Level(Player1,1) --> this is the top of the Imoen, Xzar, Montaron spawn blocks
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("BP_BG1NPC6600","GLOBAL",1)
    CreateCreature("BGXZAR",[4581.2694],0) // Xzar
    CreateCreature("MONTAR",[4514.2705],0) // Montaron
    CreateCreature("IMOEN1",[3140.3681],12) // Imoen
END

Beregost savegame corruption happened again, after returning the letter to (mirienne? whatever her name is, its the letter found off the ogre on the highway south of beregost). Anyway after leaving her house I quick saved, then I left beregost and went to the area south of ulcaster. Upon entering that area my I CTDed. Both the quicksave and autosave were corrupted.

Can I get this one too?

Makes sense, but the quest journal can get a little cluttered with all those entries in there that can't be solved until you progress the main plot.

I understand what you mean, and I suppose those journal entries could be rid of permanently. In game, you can delete entries if you want, but to make things a little less clutter, you can always use the BY NAME button to sort them. Maybe a tweak later will remove these journal entries altogether.

Melicamps dialogue is still wrong if you talk to him right after he is restored, but it doesnt break the quest, you can still talk to thal and get your reward.

Can you quote what he says when he is restored? It was hard enough for me to follow all the variable changes to work out what was going on the first time I tried to fix it.

Edited by Ascension64, 21 October 2005 - 06:10 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:16 PM

New quest? Can you remind me who the bandit was and what the quest is about?

Ok you know kagain the dwarf, the one in beregost that asks you to locate a caravan. Maybe this quest isn't new but I never remember it working before. Anyway, the area between beregost and Friendly arm inn is where the caravan is located, don't remember the AR number. There are bandits at the caravan. One of them drops the item X#SILSH, which is a neck piece that can be turned in at entar silvershields estate for quest xp much later in the game.
In the old BP-BGT-NEJ there were a few bandits at this caravan, one of them which was female speaks to you first and then you begin fighting them.
When I played it on BGT-weidu, the female bandit was the only one there, she did not try to speak to me, I just got attacked. She still droped the item.

Yup, BGT-WeiDU returns fog of war. I think G3 tweaks may have a component that remedies this.

if thats the case then Candlekeep needs its fog of war returned. Fog of war in cities would make a good optional component of BGT imo.

Please do send a copy of that file. This might be the closest we'll get.

Sure. BALDUR.SAV

EDIT: This is rather odd, because you mentioned Imoen not appearing in some cases either. This must be that some mod is doing an EXTEND_TOP on the corresponding scripts that loop over and over, preventing trigger of the NPC spawning scripts, or worse, those mods totally replace those scripts. Can you let me know if there are any script blocks (if you happen to know any editing) above these following lines?

Checked with NI, there are no lines above those blocks. I've uploaded both BCS files if you'd like to look at them yourself.
AR6600.BCS
AR6700.BCS

Can I get this one too?

Unfortunatly I didn't save a copy of this one. If it happens again I will save and upload the savegame file.

Can you quote what he says when he is restored? It was hard enough for me to follow all the variable changes to work out what was going on the first time I tried to fix it.

Ok this dialogue occurs if you speak to melicamp before and after he is restored.
Melicamp - Yes master it is *cluck* I.

Thalantyr - I am no "master" to you and you are no "apprentice! " What gall you have to expect help from me!
1- I see you two are well aquanted. I shall leave it to you then. Fare you Well
2- He is not your student? But you know of him do you not?

And it continues on from there through the whole quest dialogue up to when he tells you to go get a skull.

Also found a grammar error in that second passage. There is an extra space between ["apprentice!] and ["].

Edited by kharan5876, 21 October 2005 - 02:06 PM.

#9 yaeelen silverglow

yaeelen silverglow
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:08 PM

ive had the experiance of immy not showing up after candlekeep **when i can actually get bgt-wiedu to install on my comp** i had nej2 and bg1npc installed so there is an incompatability issue there somewhere

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

ive had the experiance of immy not showing up after candlekeep **when i can actually get bgt-wiedu to install on my comp** i had nej2 and bg1npc installed so there is an incompatability issue there somewhere

View Post

Yes, I think there is then. Is this the BG1NPC obtained from the bgt-weidu folder from the mirrors? If so, is there anyone around who uses BGT-WeiDU+BG1NPC+whatever else EXCEPT NeJ2, and do you have such a problem? Since Garrick isn't appearing either, it might have something to do with BG1NPC, but I don't think that tinkers with area scripts or CRE files...or I could be wrong.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:08 PM

I have BGT-WeiDU with BG1NPC4BGT-Weidu-v9.rar with no NeJ. Both Imoen and Garrick show as normal

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Did you complete all of the quests in candlekeep? The 2 times it happenedI did all the quests. Never happened when I just sped thru it and didnt do anything but I've only tested it about 5 times so the relationship could still be coincidental.

When spawned Imoen shows up she has the bg1 rogue costume on, but if you console her in (IMOEN1) she looks like the bg2 imoen. Don't know if that helps any. Also if I spawn level1 imoen she automaticly gets a big quest xp bonus.

Edited by kharan5876, 22 October 2005 - 12:56 PM.

#13 yaeelen silverglow

yaeelen silverglow
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:59 PM

yep i got my copy of bg1npc from the bgt-weidu folder on the wizards mirror, havent tried to see if i can get her to show up with a bgt-weidu+bg1npc no nej2 install for im still having a prob getting bgt to install properly...the problem im having is with the edwin.dlg

says internal label [82] appears 2 times in proccessed dlg [edwin]
then terminates download...that happens about 5 out of 6 install tries

any help with that would be appriciated

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

yep i got my copy of bg1npc from the bgt-weidu folder on the wizards mirror, havent tried to see if i can get her to show up with a bgt-weidu+bg1npc no nej2 install for im still having a prob getting bgt to install properly...the problem im having is with the edwin.dlg

says internal label [82] appears 2 times in proccessed dlg [edwin]
then terminates download...that happens about 5 out of 6 install tries

any help with that would be appriciated

View Post

Some mod did not uninstall properly. If you have a manual backup of the override, uninstall all mods, totally remove your current override directory, then make a copy of your backup override as the original override. Otherwise, you'll have to re-install entire BG2 unfortunately. :(

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:24 PM

BG1NPC bug - Captain Brage and Duke Belt have the same face graphic.

AR3499, which is the outdoor area just north of the gnoll fortress. An npc named Laurel asks you to help her kill off some gibberlings. If you accept a bunch of gibberlings spawn and attack. Killing them all then talking to Laurel gives you 250xp, but if you use a spell like fireball and wipe them all out too fast she will not talk to you and you'll be unable to get the quest xp.

This might be an unavoidable problem with AI but theres a problem I've seen when you try to attack one enemy with 2 people and they are close togther. Lets say Imoen is attacking an ogre. Minsc is right next to her, she is between him and the ogre. You make both of them attack the ogre, if minsc is out attacking range but very close to Imoen he will just stand there and do nothing instead of trying to walk around her and attack the ogre.

The spiders boots and wine quest was not removed from my quest journal. I have 3 entries for each item in my completed quests journal but the entry in the normal quest journal is still there.

Edited by kharan5876, 22 October 2005 - 07:42 PM.

#16 yaeelen silverglow

yaeelen silverglow
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

ty for info started a fresh install today figured id had to do that anyhow hope it works this time :wall:

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

BG1NPC bug - Captain Brage and Duke Belt have the same face graphic.

AR3499, which is the outdoor area just north of the gnoll fortress. An npc named Laurel asks you to help her kill off some gibberlings. If you accept a bunch of gibberlings spawn and attack. Killing them all then talking to Laurel gives you 250xp, but if you use a spell like fireball and wipe them all out too fast she will not talk to you and you'll be unable to get the quest xp.

This might be an unavoidable problem with AI but theres a problem I've seen when you try to attack one enemy with 2 people and they are close togther. Lets say Imoen is attacking an ogre. Minsc is right next to her, she is between him and the ogre. You make both of them attack the ogre, if minsc is out attacking range but very close to Imoen he will just stand there and do nothing instead of trying to walk around her and attack the ogre.

The spiders boots and wine quest was not removed from my quest journal. I have 3 entries for each item in my completed quests journal but the entry in the normal quest journal is still there.

View Post

Is the fireball bug replicatable? If so, it could possibly be a BG engine thing. The spiders boots and wine quest is the second time I heard of that. Will investigate why the area script doesn't remove it for you.

--------------
Retired Modder

#18 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:48 AM

Is the fireball bug replicatable? If so, it could possibly be a BG engine thing.

Yes, it happens everytime. I think the problem has to do with killing all the gibberlings too fast. Maybe she has to be attacked first? I haven't tested this much.

#19 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:43 AM

I have found this isn't the only place. I had problems with the gnolls with Drizzt as well as both doppelganger'd merchant houses in Baldur's Gate - not by fireball but by the "cheat" sword :blush: . If they go down too fast your efforts aren't registered... :crying:

FYI... :whistling:

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:03 AM

I have found this isn't the only place.  I had problems with the gnolls with Drizzt as well as both doppelganger'd merchant houses in Baldur's Gate - not by fireball but by the "cheat" sword :blush: .  If they go down too fast your efforts aren't registered... :crying:

FYI... :whistling:

View Post

Sounds like the Die() trigger doesn't call properly when overloaded. The thing with those quests is that scripts trigger when they die and increment a global to keep track of how many of the creature you kill. When it gets to a certain number, the value of the variable will match a dialogue trigger that will allow completion of the quest. Maybe running too many death scripts at the same time is not a good thing...

I'll try and think of a workaround for this when I get some free time.

Edited by Ascension64, 25 October 2005 - 02:03 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder