Photo

God List

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 05:29 PM

Hey there folks, me again.
I was wondering if anyone has put together a list of gods before and after the times of troubles as this will have an impact on my mod. If not, then can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Seifer

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#2 Amazor'dra

Amazor'dra

The Rogue Drow

• 484 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:36 PM

The book 'Faiths and Patheons', by Eric L. Boyd and Erik Mona is good for the newer gods. Any of the older ones you'll probably just have to search the net.

#3 Niz

Niz

Osprey's Demon Wizard Brat

• 232 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:57 PM

There are some gods like Mystra that were replaced, but to mortals it didn't make a real big difference.

#4 ak404

ak404

One-Armed Drunken Kensei

• 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:30 AM

Well, if you're going for a paladin, Tyr, Torm, and Helm are the Big Three to keep in mind.

#5 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 05:50 AM

Helm is the god of Law and keeping neutral.
Torm is the good guy as far as I know but I know NOTHING about Try, care to explain? B)

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#6 -Mikka-

-Mikka-

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:18 AM

All three are 'major' deties in Toril. Yay! Um, Torm, Tyr, and Illmater work together and are called 'The Triad'. Torm is also close to Helm. Err, yeah.

Heml is also known as 'The Watcher', or the 'Vigilant One'. His alignment is lawful neutral. He is said to be the ultimate guardian god, however, after the Time of Troubles he lost a lot of respect. When Ao made all the deties mortal, Helm was the ONLY God not to get this punishment. He guarded the path to the Outer Planes- and because of his success, the Time of Troubles was a lot less chaotic then it could have been (not that it wasn't chaotic ^^). His dogma... I only remember parts of it. 'Never betray trust. Stand, wait, and watch carefully. Protect the weak, poor, injured and young, and do not sacrifice them for others or yourself. Know your foes. Careful planning always defeats rushed actions in the end. Care for your weapons. Always obey orders, providing those orders follow the dictates of Helm. Demonstrate excellence and purity of loyalty in your role as a guardian and protector.'. I'm sure I'm missing some lines. I used to sit around memorizing dogma's... ah, those were the days. Oh! Helm's fond of children. Err, not that that matters.

Torm, Torm. 'The True Deity', or 'The Loyal Fury'. Lawful good. He's the total enemy of any sort of corruption and evil. During the Time of Troubles he slayed Bane (deity of strife and tyranny- now Cyric owns those profiles, I believe (although after BG takes place Bane comes back to life, but that's not important now)), but he was killed himself. However, Ao allowed Torm to come back to life. Yay Ao! Um... Torm 'serves' Tyr, sort of. He was, at a time, Tyr's war leader and champion. Um... his dogma. Okay. 'Bring painful, quick death to traitors. Question unjust laws by suggesting improvement and alternatives, not aditional laws. Strive to maintain law and order. Salvation may be found through service. Stand ever alert against corruption. Obey your masters with alert judgment and anticipation.' Um, he rides a gold dragon. Yay.

Tyr, Tyr, Tyrrr.... lawful good, with the portfollo of justice. Known as'the Maimed God', the 'Just God', the 'Even-Handed'. Um, he lost his hand during a fight with... a Chaos... something. Um, I think it was some form of dog? I forget. His eyes were taken out by Ao, however, do to Tyr missing the theft of the Tablets of Fate and allowing all the chaos to happen (so if Tyr had witnessed it, might the Time of Troubles not happened? Hn.) Often worships of Tyr wear an eyepatch on one eye, and a different colored glove on their right hand, symbolizing him. Really radical clerics sometimes take out their own eyes (I thought the beholder cult was a bunch of fanatic Tyr worshipers gone insane when I first met them, actually ^^), but most don't. Anyway, Tyr is big about justice, and doing what's right. Blah blah blah. Dogma is something about 'Delivering vengeance to the guilty for those who can not do it themselves. Keep a record of your own rulings, decisions, and deeds, for if you do this your errors can be corrected, your grasp on the laws will flourish, and your ability to identify those who break the law will expand. Reveal the truth, punish the guilty, be true and just in your actions, and always right the wrong. Uphold the law wherever you go, and punish those who do wrong under the law.

Phew! Anyone else you want to know about? I love the gods of Toril. ^^

#7 Amazor'dra

Amazor'dra

The Rogue Drow

• 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:54 PM

If your looking for a god/goddess who would take knights that are not confined to just neutral or good--and are still around. Then go with the Red Knight, warrior goddess of strategy, war, etc. B)

#8 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:55 PM

I recall that from the other night, Cheers!

#9 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:04 PM

Kelvemvor (LN God of the Dead) is worth considering for Undead Hunter types, too.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#10 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 06:55 AM

He is the one from the grave yard is he not? what is under his portfolio?

#11 Dyara

Dyara
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 08:10 AM

Some links...

http://www.marc-thie...Realms/Gods.htm

http://www.geocities...rmdnd/gods.html

#12 Mikka

Mikka
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 09:23 AM

Kelvemvor's cool. For a god of death, he's surprisingly 'nice', you could say. Jergal, Myrkul, and Cyric all had the position before him, and such, many people are unused to the way Kelemvor acts. Undead of any kind are to be destroyed- his clerics and paladins don't support the raising of undead or skeletons, no matter what the reason. His profile is 'death, the dead'.

Dogma :: 'Recognize that death is part of life. It is not an ending, but a beginning, not a punishment but a necessity. Death is an orderly process without decit, concelment, and randomness. Help others die with dignity at their appointed time and no sooner. Speak against those that would artificially prolong their life beyond natural limits, such as the undead. Do honor to the dead, for their strivings in life brought Faerun to where it is now. Forgetting them is to forget where we are now, and why. Let no human in all Faerun die a natural death without one of Kelemvor's clerics at her side'.