• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:19 AM

Sol Ek Sa is a wonderful resource that has helped many modders/players.

My idea is why not a similiar group for voice actors? Those can be hard to find like the perfect portrait used to be. It could work much the same way as Sol Ek Sa.

Cats voulenteer to be on the staff, and would be modders would then post requests for soundsets, what type of voice they want, etc... and the staff would voulenteer to help should they be so inclined.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:27 AM

Well, since I do not want to work tonight anyway (yawn), I might just as well bring some arguments against it. :)

1) Such forums already exist. Google is your friend.
2) With SES, a community of interested artists already exists. There is none among BG fans-voice actors, and it would require time to create one.
3) SES does an admirable work of creating portraits, but even now, if I, personally, would like to ask for one, I won't be able to do that, since neither of the artists has a gallery - I cannot know what their style would be. I fear it would be the same with potential voice actors.
4) If one voice appears in more than one mod, to me, personally, it is distracting. Dorotea has a beautiful voice, but after seeing her as Edwin's mother, I cannot imagine her as an extra-planar being.

#3 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:29 AM

The Bard's Inn at RPG Dungeon is supposed to be such a resource.

Edit: Fixed link.

Edited by Idobek, 26 October 2005 - 05:29 AM.

#4 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, good luck comissioning a voice there... or anywhere for that matter.

Edited by Ashara, 26 October 2005 - 05:33 AM.