Photo

BP installation question regarding TS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BottomFeeder

BottomFeeder
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:55 AM

I played BG 2 when it first came out and then again when ToB came out. Since then, I haven't touched it. However, after seeing the incredible output by the mod community, I thought I'd give it another try with some new mods. Unfortunately, I'm a mod newbie, so I apologize in advance for this question.

I installed BP last night. When installing the TS mod, the installer asked for a destination directory. The documentation I was following indicated that the destination directory should be "...bg2\TS-install" (or something to that effect). Following those instructions, the installation appeared to work. After installing TS, it asked for the destination directory for the TS patch, the documentation was silent with regard to this destination directory. Without thinking, I set the destination directory for the TS patch as the BG2 directory. My question then is whether I needed to set the destination directory for the patch to the "...bg2\TS-install" directory or am I OK installing the patch to the BG2 dirctory? If I installed it in the wrong directory, can I re-install BP, but skip the preceeding installations and only do the TS patch, or do I need to start from a clean install?

Sorry for the long winded question

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

All of the TS mods being installed have to have that TS-Install folder (it doesn't have to be called this, but a directory to place the files must exist). If the directory didn't exist when you started the BP install, you may have to go back and start all over. Otherwise, it may not have patched all the files correctly.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 BottomFeeder

BottomFeeder
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

Thanks. I'll try it again.