Testing & Playing

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:03 AM

When Mulahey dies, Khalid has a dialog. Xan will also have something to say if he is in the group before you fight Mulahey. Otherwise, I don't know if any of the others do.

In the banter pack, each NPC has 2 or 3 banters with everyone else. There are additional banters based on events and locations. So you should be seeing some of these.

Jaheira doesn't have much to say about Vicky but Ajantis will. If I remember right, you will even have to make a decision about which one to keep. Also, Kivan and Vicky will force the same decision by you.

For some laughs, get Jaheira and Faldorn in the same group. Or Quayle and Branwen.

As for NeJ2, I am looking forward to seeing what you have done to this storyline.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#42 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

Well, it looks like I'm stuck and have no choice but to use CLUAConsole to move my party to Bandit Camp area. I'm in Chapter 4, Mulahey is dead, and this area is still not on the map. The north exit from Peldvale (?) doesn't reveal this area either. This is the major issue I've encountered till now.

Minor issues or I'd say needed enhancements:

1. To add bags (filling inventory with scrolls and gems, and then running to sell them becomes really annoying).
2. To improve Shar-Teel stats and proficiencies. She is too low in her stats. I added 1 point for dexterity (17 --> 18) and three points to constitution (9 --> 12). Now she has 80 points of stats which is more or less bearable. Also she has 4 stars in long swords and 2 stars in short swords. Why do the human fighter need proficiency in short swords? It's just a waste of his/her skills, also with her strength I'd give her two-handed sword which is also more appropriate for her. There are nice two-handed swords already in BG1 so it's not a problem. Hence I've modified her proficiencies so for now at level 6 she has 4 stars in two-handed swords and 2 stars in two-handed weapon style. Now she can fight! :D
3. Character development is absent. No banters, no interjections. It becomes very very boring just to clean out those huge areas. I've already forgotten what does it mean to play the non-interactive RPG. Untill now (and it's the day 83!) I didn't see any banter from BG1 NPC mod. I suspect that my party doesn't match this mod. <_<

#43 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:22 AM

Well, it looks like I'm stuck and have no choice but to use CLUAConsole to move my party to Bandit Camp area. I'm in Chapter 4, Mulahey is dead, and this area is still not on the map. The north exit from Peldvale (?) doesn't reveal this area either. This is the major issue I've encountered till now.

You need to do one of many things to reveal that area:

1. Find Tranzig
2. Find Teven/Raiken
3. Find the bandits at the caravan
4. Find some other dude I can't remember the name of

Classic BG1 didn't let you wander aimlessly to Banditland, unfortunately, and niether does this.

1. To add bags (filling inventory with scrolls and gems, and then running to sell them becomes really annoying).

Maybe an item tweak, people also wanted magical katanas (?). Does some mod already do this? DSotSC?

2. To improve Shar-Teel stats and proficiencies. She is too low in her stats. I added 1 point for dexterity (17 --> 18) and three points to constitution (9 --> 12). Now she has 80 points of stats which is more or less bearable. Also she has 4 stars in long swords and 2 stars in short swords. Why do the human fighter need proficiency in short swords? It's just a waste of his/her skills, also with her strength I'd give her two-handed sword which is also more appropriate for her. There are nice two-handed swords already in BG1 so it's not a problem. Hence I've modified her proficiencies so for now at level 6 she has 4 stars in two-handed swords and 2 stars in two-handed weapon style. Now she can fight! :D

Fair enough, but what is wrong with 'weak' characters? I may have had a weak party at one stage during testing, because Shar-teel killed everyone (I mean that Shar-teel was my main fighter, not Shar-teel killed everyone in my party), without having powerful items. Faithfully, I cannot do much about this, but another tweak idea perhaps?

3. Character development is absent. No banters, no interjections. It becomes very very boring just to clean out those huge areas. I've already forgotten what does it mean to play the non-interactive RPG. Untill now (and it's the day 83!) I didn't see any banter from BG1 NPC mod. I suspect that my party doesn't match this mod. <_<

Classic BG1 has minimal banters, I admit.

Overall, here are some perfect examples of BGT tweak mod ideas for people, as was discussed before in another thread in this forum.

Edited by Ascension64, 14 December 2005 - 03:23 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#44 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:43 AM

I still think that it's the problem of some missing trigger or something like this because Raiken is dead, I've killed him in Peldvale when he tried to attack me on site, Tranzig is only available if you join Branwen at least I remember it was so in the original game (but I'll check), the bandits near caravans didn't trigger anything but just attack me on site again, but may be there are other bandits whom I also slayed all. I've already thoroughly cleaned the whole world map except areas which quest-realted and should be hidden on the map: Bandit Camp, North Forest areas and Mines, and BG itself. I need to look for the trigger which reveals the Bandit Camp area on the map.

#45 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:49 AM

Secret of Bonehill ADD bags and whatever so that you don't have annoying collections ;-)

BG1 NPC Project works for me ... have u tried to read the readme and see if your party has members who still don't interact at the actual version?

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#46 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:51 AM

I still think that it's the problem of some missing trigger or something like this because Raiken is dead, I've killed him in Peldvale when he tried to attack me on site, Tranzig is only available if you join Branwen at least I remember it was so in the original game (but I'll check), the bandits near caravans didn't trigger anything but just attack me on site again, but may be there are other bandits whom I also slayed all. I've already thoroughly cleaned the whole world map except areas which quest-realted and should be hidden on the map: Bandit Camp, North Forest areas and Mines, and BG itself. I need to look for the trigger which reveals the Bandit Camp area on the map.

Oh dear! There seems to be data loss in this thread. What happened to the last umpteen posts?

Tranzig is found in the upper level of Feldepost's Inn in Beregost.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#47 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:53 AM

Oh dear! There seems to be data loss in this thread.

I've posted in another thread by mistake. Please move it here.

Tranzig is found in the upper level of Feldepost's Inn in Beregost.

Thanks. I'll check it.

Edited by Vlad, 14 December 2005 - 03:54 AM.

#48 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:19 AM

A good way to check if BG1NPC is working is when you get to Beregost with Imoen she will ask you what you think about the town and tell you that she has some shopping to do. If you didn't get this then I guess that there was a problem with the installation :(

I agree that BG1 could do with some bags, potion cases and scroll cases as your inventory tends to fill up very quickly but I agree with Ascension64 that this should be a tweak. In the original BGT created by Bardez I remember that Tranzig has some minor bags on his body as this is mentioned in the documents you found in the Nashkel Mines.

#49 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:20 AM

Tranzig is there, with or without Branwen in the party. In BGT-BP, Horred had him carrying several bags for you. That way, you collected all the primary bags at once (scroll, gem, holding, and a wolf pelt bag). I do have several bags available in BH. DSotSC offers a scroll case for sale. There is also a Bag of Holding in the lich's house (DSotSC).

Bags didnt' exists in the original BG1 game. In fact, there was an old TeamBG comment that they are the ones that actually gave Bioware the concept of them. DSotSC's bag of holding gave Bioware the idea to add some to SoA (that is their story, not mine).

DSotSC does have magical katanas. Not everyone installs this mod, so maybe in a tweak pack as well as bags?

Classic Adventures

#50 --Eon Blue Apocalypse--

--Eon Blue Apocalypse--

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:12 AM

The big difference between bags and magical katana's is that the former merely serve to make playing more convenient while the latter boost your power. If katana's are added, then please only in an optional component. :)

#51 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:59 AM

I've got some idea for BGT :] The gnomish bank :]
U can give max 10000gp to a gnome merchant and at Athkatla u will get them back :] This is the way to receive some items from BG1 part in the BG2 part after transition :)

#52 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:48 AM

So people might like further item import, various bags and cases. All noted. I will make sure such additions do not become super-boosts to the game if DSotSC and/or SoBH is installed.

Finally, please note that all such changes will be a tweak. Only bugfixes will be incorporated into the core component.

--------------
Retired Modder

#53 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:03 AM

A good way to check if BG1NPC is working is when you get to Beregost with Imoen she will ask you what you think about the town and tell you that she has some shopping to do. If you didn't get this then I guess that there was a problem with the installation

I didn't get this as well as all other banters, I just read them browsing dialog files of my NPCs. The banters are nice but as I've said they don't appear in my game. Installation? I don't think so because BG1NPC mod has been installed after TS + NeJ2. So it's only an issue of scripting in my opinion. I took a look into scripts of BG1NPC, and all I can say it's not my style of scripting banters.

I found Tranzig, opposed him, killed him, and... his script didn't reveal AR8700 on the map. I think the following script is bad (TRANZI.BCS):

IF
Die()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RevealAreaOnMap("AR8700")
END

IF
HPLT(Myself,10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Dialogue([PC])
END

First of all, this kind of script is easily jumped over. If you choose the option to oppose Tranzig in a dialogue, and then kill him in one blow like my Shar-Teel did, the script won't reveal the area map. Also if you attack him without talking and his HP is higher than 10, and you kill him in one blow or before he reaches HP 10, he cannot initiate his dialogue. It's a known problem with this kind of scripts. I would RevealAreaOnMap("AR8700") in that inn area script where Tranzig is created (if InMyArea("Tranzig")) or alternatively/simultaneously add this RevealAreaOnMap("AR8700") to all three responses after the first state in his dialogue so there will be no options for PC to encounter this problem.

Smithy in Beregost doesn't recognise ankheg shells anymore. I think he became lazy and doesn't want to make and effort and forge the plates for me no matter how much I'd pay. :lol:

When is SoBH supposed to start?

What is XP cap in BGT?

I've got some idea for BGT :] The gnomish bank :]

Great idea Promilus! It's very easy to do.

Edited by Vlad, 15 December 2005 - 07:06 AM.

#54 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:57 AM

Tranzig and Smithy with ankeg's always worked for me ... i'm not a modder so i can't help there,

anyway, SoBH is supposed to start AFTER you cleared the Nashkel Mines. Go o Temple of Lathander (the one near Beregost) ... you'll find Pelltar there and the first part will start. Second part takes place after Candlekeep part of the game ...

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#55 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

Minor thing: Asc-did u delete that hidden stash in Nashkel farm? :]

#56 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:07 AM

What is XP cap in BGT?

I believe BGT retains the ToB xp cap.

#57 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

It might be better for Tranzig if you change the reveal area to after he dies. Just put it in the area script. Otherwise, the party doesn't have to talk to him or fight him to find out where the camp is. But if you force the issue, they will have to confront him in some way.

BG1NPC banters use multiple writing styles for building banters. To me, this made it much harder to convert everything to BGT. Not the author's issue, just mine. I prefer all dialog file names to either use ~filename~ or not. But dont use both in the same chain! Fustrating.

Classic Adventures

#58 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

Minor thing: Asc-did u delete that hidden stash in Nashkel farm? :]

Which one is that? Give me your expected AR#### and x,y coodinates. I don't think I deleted any stashes.

TRANZI.BCS

Area script could be a good idea. Or maybe Shar-teel is now just way too strong with your tweaks, Vlad? :lol:
Also, I think that when too many script blocks are packed into BALDUR.BCS, lower priority scripts start to skip a bit. Not that TS + NeJ does that, I really don't know.

TAEROM

Is this the first time you talked to him after you got ankheg shells, Vlad?

--------------
Retired Modder

#59 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:36 PM

How do the original animations look like:

STATIC_PEASANT_WOMAN_MATTE - 16658 ?

These look funny like cartoons. :D

#60 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

How do the original animations look like:

STATIC_PEASANT_WOMAN_MATTE - 16658 ?

These look funny like cartoons. :D

I tried to conjure up some BAM editing expertise to fix this up in ZETA. Are you still using BETA 4, or is this your opinion on my attempt to fix them up? :lol:

--------------
Retired Modder