Photo

Viconia leaving on her own accord

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seven

seven
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:38 PM

I rescued Viconia from the Flaming Fist mecernary in Peldvale. But once she joins my party, the following dialogue kicks in:

Viconia: "A welcome release. Your weakling surface ways have left a bitter taste in my mouth. Perhaps I should seek shelter back under the cover of the earth. I understood my fellows there."

She then leaves my party and leaves the area.

What triggers this dialogue? My reputation is at 17. Is there a quick fix to this so I can use her in the game?

I'm currently playing through BGT-WEIDU with the following mods installed:

baldurdash v1.5
bgt-weidu v0.99 beta 4
bg1npc v9

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

Sounds like you just answered your own question. Vicky is not going to accept being in a "good" group, ie high reputation. You need to bring it down to 16 before she or Shar-Teel will stay. The same would be if you had a rep of 4 and wanted Ajantis to join.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 seven

seven
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

Hmm...that's strange...because I just uninstalled BG1NPC v9 and installed BG1NPC v11 and now she doesn't say the line and leave even though my reputation remains at 17.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help in clarifying the issue. I always thought evil characters only leave if my reputation is higher than 18.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hmm...that's strange...because I just uninstalled BG1NPC v9 and installed BG1NPC v11 and now she doesn't say the line and leave even though my reputation remains at 17.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help in clarifying the issue. I always thought evil characters only leave if my reputation is higher than 18.

Well, you got that one too, it is a feature of BG1NPC that Viconia leaves. The trigger for that particular dialogue never fires in BGT-WeiDU, so BG1NPC must activate it.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

Yep, i confirm when playing BGT-Weidu only game, took her with me without any problem,

just my 2 cents,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#6 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:49 AM

I don't know about BG1NPC, but she left my party without having it installed...

My experience... :whistling:

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:21 AM

Her leaving dialog (while not a member of the party) has this condition:

ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy,NEUTRAL_LOWER)

Once she is a party member, her leaving dialog has this condition:

GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)
HappinessLT(Myself,0)

So again, it seems to be an issue with her happiness with the party. I do have BG1NPC installed so it may have added some of these conditions, though the "ENDOFBG1" is normally used by BGT.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website