BP-BGT... NEJ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

Hi, all.

Just curious to know whether there are any plans to create an NEJ-BP version. I know TS-BP is up and running, but I'm all nostalgic for my old BP-BGT-NEJ installation. The all-new NEJ2 along with the usual BP components would be an epic challenge indeed! Of course, I know fine well that all you modders are pretty busy with the other components of the monster, so it may be a while. Still, keep up the good work! I've loved the results so far...

Cheers!

DtD

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

Well, this is a tough topic to address. Let's just say that from our examination of the files, there aren't a lot of conflicts even now, between NeJ2 and BP-Weiduv170 (private alpha version). With some assistance from my wonderful crew of weidu ninja's, BPv200 (public release version) will hopefully require (or accomodate) all or none, or about any combination, of almost all of the major (large) mods out there. At least on a file-basis.

Plotwise....I guess it depends on your approach to gaming. Some like a clear-cut, concise tale; well-organized and well-developed, albeit potentially linear and eventually redundant. Others like the "wide open spaces" of adventuring, the freedom of choices...like most players of BP. ;)

I love the choice to play though the different paths. Makes the game more dynamic! Let the power gamers play every little thing. I like the feel of a large world to explore, do I head North or South?

Yeah, like that... :P

#3 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:26 PM

Well, since NEJ2 is ostensibly a WeiDU mod, the main issue (which I noted when I tried to install it with other WeiDU mods) is that Vlad requires the non-WeiDU Baldurdash fixes, and a variety of files in the Override folder that are biffed by the big BP mods. Who knows how that affects gameplay, bugs, etc.? I'll just wait until someone more experienced in modding fixes it for me...

Regardless, I'm all for the BP philosophy, as quoted above. Keep up the good work, gents!

Cheers!

DtD

#4 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:00 AM

So, Horred, the BP 200 will be some kind of glue that binds all the huge mods together and fixes "all" the compatibility issues?

#5 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:24 AM

So, Horred, the BP 200 will be some kind of glue that binds all the huge mods together and fixes "all" the compatibility issues?

Well, that's the goal...sort of. Basically, to allow you the choices, of what you want/want not to play. As we have governing control over most of the big mods (TDD, SoS, CtB, BGT...and, to the extent of debugging, TS), we'll work out as much as we can in the individual mods. BP might even possibly end up little more than an advanced AI package, and game enhancements.

The biggest obstacle is animations, as there are only so many slots that can be added to...but we've mostly worked that out. Some bugs remain, in all six of the forementioned mods--but my wonderful crew has furnished me with a well-documented listing, broken down by area, NPC, etc. And of course, coding up the .tp2's to make this all work. And this is something that yours truly is not very good at. :unsure:

#6 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

Well, that's the goal...sort of. Basically, to allow you the choices, of what you want/want not to play. As we have governing control over most of the big mods (TDD, SoS, CtB, BGT...and, to the extent of debugging, TS), we'll work out as much as we can in the individual mods. BP might even possibly end up little more than an advanced AI package, and game enhancements.

The biggest obstacle is animations, as there are only so many slots that can be added to...but we've mostly worked that out. Some bugs remain, in all six of the forementioned mods--but my wonderful crew has furnished me with a well-documented listing, broken down by area, NPC, etc. And of course, coding up the .tp2's to make this all work. And this is something that yours truly is not very good at. :unsure:

Thank you very much for claring things up for me. ;)

And this NEJ and NEJ2 that everyone keep talking about? What is that really? I canīt find any information about it on these forums.

Thank you.

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

That is because Vlad's forums for NeJ are over on BlackWyrm.

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website