• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

It does look like UB is going to add this, so there should probably be some type of cross-checking to ensure it doesn't get applied twice. From my UB workroom post...

This may be a bit outside UB, but import02.2da is unused by the game. Re-enabling it would allow Malaaq, the genie trapped in the lamp, to give the player an imported item rather than the Sword of Chaos.

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0602.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)~ 
	~SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
	ActionOverride("Malaaq",DestroyItem("sw2h16"))
	ActionOverride("Malaaq",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT02",1))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Malaaq will now have one of the following items if the character is imported:

SW1H24 - Flame Tongue + 4
HAMM03 - War Hammer +2: 'Ashideena'
AX1H07 - Bala's Axe - Wizard Slayer
HALB03 - Halberd +2: 'Suryris's Blade'
DAGG04 - Dagger +2, Longtooth: 'Grave Binder'
STAF07 - Staff Spear +2
STAF06 - Staff Mace +2
SLNG03 - Sling +3
SW1H06 - Long Sword +2: 'Varscona'
BLUN11 - Mace +2 : 'Krotan's Skullcrusher'
BLUN10 - The Root of the Problem
BLUN09 - Kiel's Morningstar

If the party has none of these, the Sword of Chaos is given instead. blun11 doesn't have its description imported from BG, so:

COPY_EXISTING ~blun11.itm~ ~override~
  SAY 0x0c ~Mace +2~
  WRITE_SHORT 0x42 40 // lore to ID
  SAY 0x54 ~Mace +2 : 'Krotan's Skullcrusher'
Even the hordes have their heroes, and while they are vilified in civilized company, their deeds are sometimes impressive nonetheless. Krotan was an exceptionally intelligent orc, as far as orcs go, who commanded an ever-shifting legion of ogres, orcs, hobgoblins, and other assorted beasties during the Year of the Lost Lady, 1241DR. It was in this year that a group of orc bandits allegedly kidnapped and killed a Tethyrian noblewoman, and the response from authorities was a genocidal slaughter of orcs throughout the south in her memory. Krotan mounted a defense that ensured his people were not entirely destroyed; though they were displaced. Krotan himself fell near the end of the conflict, and his head was mounted outside the graveyard where the young lady was buried. As a point of interest, orcs called this time the "Year of Pushing Too Far."

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D6 + 3
THAC0: +2
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 7
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Mace
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 10 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Druid
 Mage
 Thief
 Monk
 Beast Master~

Sling +3 is a generic +3 item, but lacks an ID'd description:

COPY_EXISTING ~slng03.itm~ ~override~
  SAY 0x54 ~Magical slings are the hallmark of stout halfling warriors.  Usually their mothers or a talented aunt will create such a sling for the halfling lad or lass who is about to embark on their second great adventure.  The reason that the sling is given on the second adventure and not the first is that many halflings decide not to pursue the life of an adventurer after getting a taste of it.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: +3 (missile damage)
Weight: 0
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Sling
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 3 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Kensai
 Cavalier~

If we really want to do this right, we should make sure the unique items on the list aren't duplicated elsewhere. To that end: Root of the Problem (blun10) can be acquired in the druid stronghold quests; Suryris's Blade (halb03) is already on four creatures, including two of the WK statues, and Ribald's store; Ashideena is available in a container (ar0204) in the Unseeing Eye quest; Varscona (sw1h06) is available on a number of chapter 6 characters; Flame Tongue (sw1h24) is available on Dalok in the Druid Grove.

Varscona is already addressed by the Fixpack and I've added Suryris's Blade to the next release. For the others, we can either script it so, if the item is imported, we make alternates available in the other locations, or simply remove them as options in import02.2da. The former is more difficult, but I think it's the better solution.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#22 -TheGuyWhoLoses-

-TheGuyWhoLoses-

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hey... i saw your list and i thought it was lacking the one item in baldur's gate that i took though EVERY time i played... I would really liem it if you could include the ultimate Bow in bg1. you know... the LONG BOW OF MARKSMANSHIP. its just awesome! and its worth a cheer! :cheers:

#23 -N7Shadow-

-N7Shadow-

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

is this Compatible with the Enhanced Edition?