What game are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

Can anyone recommend a space/trading sim a la Freelancer?

I've been downloading demo's the past few days and they are all sadly lacking.

I've been looking at EVE Online but the whole online thing is not really my style.

Anyone played X3:Reunion, seems close to what I'm looking for though X2 when I played it was woeful.
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#62 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

Have you got tired of Freelancer, or don't like the game? There's a couple of great mods to the game, in any case, which makes it worthy of a re-play.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#63 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

I've not played EVE myself (I'm real bad at Online-games) but I'm told it's a great game. Two of my friends play it regularly.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#64 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

I played Freelancer once and though it was good I just couldn't see myself playing through again, the story was a bit linear and the economy wasn't very robust...things tended to stay the same price all the time etc I might have a look for some mods.

Yeah EVE Online is enticing, I would just like 2 weeks off work to avail properly of their 14 day trial! Unfortunately 2 weeks off work just to play PC games is not exactly time well spent.
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#65 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:21 AM

Unfortunately 2 weeks off work just to play PC games is not exactly time well spent.

Depends on who you ask... :D

#66 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I played Freelancer once and though it was good I just couldn't see myself playing through again, the story was a bit linear and the economy wasn't very robust...things tended to stay the same price all the time etc I might have a look for some mods.

I *really* recommend www.lancersreactor.com

They are the best Freelancer site ever.
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#67 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:58 AM

I'm halfway to being able to buy Factions!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#68 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

Just finished Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, now playing Sengoku Musou II.

#69 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:58 AM

Still playing Guild wars. Hoping to buy factions by the weekend, as they are having some special event.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#70 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:52 AM

I'm playing my mod for Close Combat 4, Fallout (with my Fatal Damage Mod installed) and I'm looking forward to play BG2 ToB, when I'll finish tweaking creatures.

#71 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

Since Solaufein seemed to be bugged so I can't finish Underdark, I dropped Baldur's Gate until a solution is found.

Meanwhile I've begun playing an oldie, Final Fantasy VII :P
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#72 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

Oblivion and Fallout 2

Edited by Archmage Silver, 07 August 2006 - 02:38 PM.

#73 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

Dungeon Siege 2, because the expansion is out around now
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#74 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:49 AM

Homewolrd: Cataclysm.
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#75 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

About to play NWN

#76 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:41 PM

Neverwinter Nights multiplayer.

#77 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

Sounds fun. I keep trying to convince my sister or mother to play it with me.

#78 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

Dungeon Siege. Good for getting the day's frustrations out by murdering a few innocent Krug.....

-Y-

#79 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

Dungeon Siege 2, because the expansion is out around now

Yeah, I'm going to buy the expansion as soon as the price drops down a bit.

#80 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

UFO: Enemy Unknown (respect for the ancients), Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, and Splintercell: Chaos Theory (finally got the damn things to work)... besides my usual dose of NWN modules and BG2.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett