QUESTION...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

ok so im trying to install big pibture WITHOUT never ending journey and since i only want to install those parts (tdd, sos, and ts) thats the only thing i selected in the installer...

but it still thinks i have NEJ installed! i know this because some of the nej spells apearr on the select spell screen as a mage. although they dont work, have no icon and the game crashes if you try to use them.

(this is the same problem i described in my last post, i kno... but i figured out what it was and now i cant install the bp s_and_H patch v7 or this problem occurs)

help me plzz!!! :doh:

#2 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

ok what i sed might be confusing for some so let me clarify:

big picture (tdd,sos,ts ONLY)

works fine until i install the bp s_and_H patch, then the above problem occurs.)

i praise anyone with help info :Bow:

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

Kinda hard to talk to / assist a ghost... How's about you register? We can help you better that way.

And are my aging eyes deceiving me: do I see some cross-posting going on by someone who is not registered??

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

Kinda hard to talk to / assist a ghost... How's about you register? We can help you better that way.

And are my aging eyes deceiving me: do I see some cross-posting going on by someone who is not registered??

I agree that two posts are not needed...so I'll delete one.

Note that I am not a co-author of the S&H patch (the H is for Hlidskialf, not Horred)--but I'll try to assist. Some simple recon is really all it takes.

If they have no icon, how are you sure they are NeJ spells? Do they still list a tooltip? All the spells in the NeJ folder (I have the newer version) are SPIN spells (innates)--save one, SPWI388--and would not appear in your wizard slots whatsoever. Are you trying to select these spells? If so, then STOP!!! :lol:

The only way that the installer will think that NeJ is installed is if you have the store file NeJ02BAG (or EHROTH.bcs--@Seanas: should be ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME, or FILE_EXISTS ~override/EHROTH.BCS~) in your override folder. I have double-checked the BPv161G package, and no such files exist. Nor did it in the classic version of TDD, SOS, or TS (not even in TS-BPv604). What versions are you using, btw--the old or the new weidu's?

Did you have NeJ installed at some point, by chance? By some even weirder chance, do you have EHROTH.BCS laying loose in your game folder? These are the only possibilities I can see for this to occur.

If all else fails, delete lines 2155 to 2191 in Setup-BP_s_and_h_patch.tp2. (EDIT: Any sort of text editor will do, even Notepad) Then, no NeJ-specific fixes will exist. However, I must warn you--nothing that the patch does with/to NeJ involves any spells. So, NeJ content stll is not the answer to your dilemma.

Spells in the patch are 98% TDD. Fixes were effect-related, not icon-related. If you installed the first three components (and BP) correctly, the icons would exist already in the TDD biff files. Thus, they would appear in the select slots as per normal.

So, in conclusion--the only plausible solution I can see is that you did not install the mod correctly. Please reread the instructions carefully, and try again. And please be patient--BP-weidu is getting nearer to completion every day.

Edited by horred the plague, 05 February 2006 - 01:45 AM.

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

ha! the s_and_h patch v7 was correct when i released it. i think. god knows what changes weidu has undergone since then - i've no plans to update the patch cos it will - or should :devil: - be obsolete soon.

the s_and_h patch tries to patch TDD spells - there are no NEJ spells worth mentioning, and those that there are - such as the SPINs - aren't selectable by the PC at any point. so missing spell icons = stuffed install, i'm afraid.

in order to help further in locating where you've gone wrong, we'll need more detailed installation informationa from you, guest: which versions of the mods did you install, which install process did you use, what other mods did you install afterwards (posting yr weidu.log would help with this last point).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#6 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

ok im sry for all the grief im sure i have cuased you all by helping a little guy like me out first off... :blink:

actually i have no idea if the spell problem is nej related but i guessed it so because the patch install nej related fixes

ok so heres how i set up my install:
i did auto installation:
SoS v1.0.0 w/ 1.0.1 patch

tdd v1.0.3. w/ 1.0.3a patch

ts v5.0.1 w/ 5.0.3, 5.0.4, and 5.0.5 patch's

and bp v161G (and im sure these were all the right files since they've all been recognized by the auto-installer)

i've also tried the manual install and came with same results

ive never had nej installed

heres my weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 7
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 7

(note: i did unistall it then reinstall it)

(i've also tried installing all components then unistalling the game and re-installing the patch just by itself)

(i have tob installed just so u kno)

heres some of the spells this happens on: Eagles splendor (this isnt a tdd spell and i dont think its a spin because it has a full description, stats and everything.)

mordenkainens force missiles (^^^same problem except i KNOW this is a tdd spell.)

one of the more notable ones is cats grace, because there seems to be 2 cats grace's one with an icon that works and one without that doesnt.)

also without the patch this problem doesnt occur and but these spells just arent on the select spell list
(note: that some of the new spells are, but ones like mordenkainens force missiles dont even show up)

#7 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

i think it recognizes all these as spells because they all have complete descriptions as well.

theres also something else up, (i think) i tried playing it through a little bit to see if anything else was wrong and when i got to the adventurers mart with jaheira in my party ussually ribald would start a conversation about how "jaheiras a harper and no good" and then he asks you to go fetch coran for him, this doesnt happen even if you talk to him.

so my guess is it might be sumthing with tdd but im not sure.

help plz. :wub:

#8 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

if only there was sum1 who had the same problem who could help me out here... :doh:

#9 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

if only there was sum1 who had the same problem who could help me out here... :doh:

Congradulations--to my knowledge, you are the first (only) person to report this in >3 years of BP's release. :devil:

#10 --anonymous--

--anonymous--

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

lol as if thats an accomplishment :P

#11 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:10 AM

I've just set up a 'classic' BP game in order to play SBB's weidu-ized version of Arnel's Nalia romance. Setting up a Mage character just to check out this problem, I found I could duplicate anonymous's problems with the spells Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor and Mordenkainen's Force Missiles, but only when they are made available for selection at the start of the game. All these spells are 'fixed' by s-and-h patch v7 but there seems to be nothing wrong with the entries for these particular spellls in the tp2 file as far I as can see - apart from the fact that two different versions of Cat's Grace are listed.

Here's my current weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 7
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // BP Nerfs: Based upon Hlidskialf's Nerf scripts, this component reduces the difficulty of some of the more troublesome creatures.
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sureblade Nerf: Downgrades Rolf's sword to something more manageable
~SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // BPSeries v2
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // English Only: Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #46 // Avatar Morphing Script
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #49 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #64 // Icon Improvements
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #67 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Leather Armor (Galactygon)
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #91 // Force All Dialogue to Pause
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #94 // Use Valen/Solaufein Style Interjections
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #97 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Two-Handed Katanas
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #106 // Universal Clubs
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #107 // English Only: Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Weapon Styles for All
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #116 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #158 // Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Maximum
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #197 // Add Ammo Belts and Potion Cases to SoA
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #231 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~SETUP-LUVNALIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Weidu version of Arnel's Nalia Romance 1.06

Since 'classic' BP is very nearly obsolete (I only play it for the enemy AI and coz I like BPSeries better than the original eSeries), the simplest solution is not to pick these spells. Modenkainen's Force Missiles can be learnt via a scroll later in the gamme IIRC.

Edited by Suluku, 08 February 2006 - 03:11 AM.

#12 mrnemo00

mrnemo00
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

I think that there is something wrong with the s_and_h 7 pach....at least 4 me...because it just does not fix most of the bugs that it spupposed to fix, like the NEJ portal, and the messed up Horthgarth dialogs and the broken Kachiko dialogs..... and ads a new one as I also mentioned. The game crashez after the seccond cutscene in SoS(the one where the mayor decides to search 4 a baalspawn)....

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:09 AM

I've just set up a 'classic' BP game in order to play SBB's weidu-ized version of Arnel's Nalia romance. Setting up a Mage character just to check out this problem, I found I could duplicate anonymous's problems with the spells Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor and Mordenkainen's Force Missiles, but only when they are made available for selection at the start of the game. All these spells are 'fixed' by s-and-h patch v7 but there seems to be nothing wrong with the entries for these particular spellls in the tp2 file as far I as can see - apart from the fact that two different versions of Cat's Grace are listed.

Since 'classic' BP is very nearly obsolete (I only play it for the enemy AI and coz I like BPSeries better than the original eSeries), the simplest solution is not to pick these spells. Modenkainen's Force Missiles can be learnt via a scroll later in the gamme IIRC.

for reference purposes, Suluku, did you check on the availability of icons for these spells before you installed the patch? i have experienced weird spell icon behaviour for these spells before, but i've never been arsed to work out where the behaviour was originating.

as you say - and as i've said before - there's no point releasing a new version of the patch, but still: iim curious to know what's causing the icon problem (i have memories of experiencing it before the s_and_h patch came into existence, but my memory can be an unreliable witness..)

I think that there is something wrong with the s_and_h 7 pach....at least 4 me...

user error. don't blame your tools if you're a bad carpenter.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#14 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

[for reference purposes, Suluku, did you check on the availability of icons for these spells before you installed the patch? i have experienced weird spell icon behaviour for these spells before, but i've never been arsed to work out where the behaviour was originating.

No I didn't unfortunately.

#15 mrnemo00

mrnemo00
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

user error. don't blame your tools if you're a bad carpenter.
[/quote]

Heck as I said It didn't work 4 me... so I'am not saying that it's not good, even if my installation was succesfull. Maybe i should try an older version like 6.5....because the readme says...use v.7 IFF you have problems with the 6.5...Enybody thinks that it's a good idea?

#16 mrnemo00

mrnemo00
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:05 AM

Oh and how do I transition from The drakest Day to Throne of Baal cause i.v finished the quest with Cyric and, when I spoke to Ellesime the only thing that she mentions is that the sky is darker.....is this somekind of a bug or I am not dooing something wright