Photo

Help on north side of the sword coast

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 andrespi

andrespi
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

I've completed the northern citadel quest, and now I've killed the sirines and fire salamander. But where do I find Nadalin, the one that should bring me to the isle of salamander?

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

I've completed the northern citadel quest, and now I've killed the sirines and fire salamander. But where do I find Nadalin, the one that should bring me to the isle of salamander?

SPOILER ... BE AWARE:

You can find Nadalin in BG city, near the tavern in the boat (docks section of the city, where there are iron throne headquarters),

anyway have you completed TotSC? You must complete it BEFORE going to ICE Salamander isle, because you need to speak with a guy in Ulgoth Beard, who is findable only after the defeat of demon from TotSC,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 08 February 2006 - 12:21 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 andrespi

andrespi
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:37 AM

I completed tales of sword coast and killed the demon, but now I can't find in ulgoth's beard, the person I saved in field of dead. And so I don't know where to find the leader of the cult, that the ice salamander asked me to kill.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:40 PM

Reedrig should be at coordinates 1267.769, not sure where exactly that is. He will appear only if he left the cave at the Field of the Dead and if the demon is dead.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 andrespi

andrespi
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:22 AM

Ok. Thanks. I've the last question. For some reason, every time I try to enter in the field of the dead, the game crashes and goes to desktop. I've gone in that area only one time and it worked the first time, but now every time I try to enter there, the game crash to desktop. What can I do?

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:57 AM

Are u reaching the Field area FROM the zombie (farm) area north of BG?

If u're trying from there i guess it's a bug of the worldmap, i just pointed that out a month ago (no reply on that).

So try to access the field area starting directly from Ulgoth's beard or some other areas, (or of course cluaconsole :-)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 09 February 2006 - 12:58 AM.

#7 andrespi

andrespi
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:09 AM

Ok. Thanks it worked. Now I've entered the tomb in the wood of dead and I've taken the simbol of helm from the altar. But the magical door in the field of dead doesn't open. Why? What else I have to do?

Edited by andrespi, 09 February 2006 - 07:09 AM.

#8 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:13 AM

Ok. Thanks it worked.

Sir BB so i think that the CTD is really a BUG to fix (see this thread http://www.shsforums.net/index.p...howtopic=18933)

mm75

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

At this point all I can do is pass this on to the Worldmap team (Yacomo and who ever is helping him right now).

Classic Adventures

#10 -DC-

-DC-

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

I'm back with my "can't enter area" problem :) This time I can't enter Ulgoth's beard area. After autosaving game at exiting area, loading dialog shows. But no progress bar and game hangs up.
Have installed:
BGT099Z, IndiraNPC_v7_BGT, MulgoreXaviaNPC_v1_BGT, Prologue-v1, SirinesCall_v41_BGT, tgc1e_bgt (the grey clan), BG1NPC-BGT-v11, DSotSC4BGTWeidu180, NTotSC4BGTWeidu140, Weimer-Ease-v32, Weimer-TacticsMod-v23.

I haven't finish chapter 6 (haven't traveled to Candlekeep). I have cleared a farm from zombies. Found Nalin (or what's his name - a guy near Low Lantern in Docks Area who says about fire salamanders), talked to him. Also ruined a quest with a priestess who wanted me to go to Candlekeep to bring her some book - I talked to her second time and she left).

Any ideas how I can solve the problem - and enter Ulgoth's beard?

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

The Beard area is only changed by a small script update I do. There is nothing else I change. So the crash is caused by something else.

As for pyscho woman, you did mess up. However, you can still get the book without her. Just use the CLUA console to set these globals:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TalkedToShaellaPB","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",1)

Classic Adventures

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:54 AM

I've solved issue with Ulgoth's beard. It was a problem of bad distributive, again. Now it is working fine.