Photo

Are you still playing Icewind Dale series?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Still game? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Still a player?

1. Yes (62 votes [77.50%])

Percentage of vote: 77.50%

2. No (18 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

^_^ I just started a new game on it last week!

I love this game so much...
I love my new party! The people on it are so much cooler than my other parties. I decided to use the classes that I like never use. Like druids and paladins. And they're pretty cool. I really like druids and paladins now.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#62 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'd say IWD is decent but doesn't have that much replayability. I've never finished both IWD1 and 2. First one I've only played once, and 2nd one I've played twice (once when I got it, second time when I've downloaded NPC mod from G3). But even then, I lost interest quickly and never got past the underdark.

#63 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:11 AM

I'm running through IWD with Kulyok's IWDNPC mod. I'd highly recommend it when it comes out of the playtesting phase. really adds a lot to the game.

After that, I'll do a 2nd run through of IWD2 with Domi's excellent IWD2NPC mod. Again, highly recommended. I don't think the IWD games are worth playing without the NPC mods. (Then again, I love character and NPC interaction.)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#64 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:23 AM

Waiting for Kulyok's IWDNPC mod before I start it up again, but yes, of course I still play. Especially IWDII with the NPC mod installed. So much effort was put into it, and it really shows.

#65 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

I might try IWDNPC when it comes out. It's a pretty good story, excellently done classes(the bard is good ^_^ ), but like most I absolutely love NPC interaction.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#66 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:20 AM

I played IWD when it came out (I reviewed it, actually...and Heart of Winter...so wasn't like I had much choice, heh) but never got around to ToLM until this year. So I reinstalled and went through the lot.
I also never played IWD2 until this year. I didn't like it initially but by the end I loved it so much I immediately played through it again with a different party.
I've got a game going at the moment with the IWD2 NPCs. I've slugged through Targos (god I hate the prologue!) but abandonned my game to try Romantic Encounters (in ToB now so nearly done). I'll take it up again once ToB is finished.

I still love the music for IWD and it does have a nice atmosphere. IWD2 is a bit different but also good - I do feel rather sorry for the villains, though.