Photo

Are you still playing Icewind Dale series?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Still game? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Still a player?

1. Yes (62 votes [77.50%])

Percentage of vote: 77.50%

2. No (18 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:22 AM

Okay, a poll similar to the BG one, let's see how many ppl still play in 2006.

Here I can vote 'yes'. Still playing, I've played BGs so many times that they're getting old indeed, but IWDs still have that something that keeps me interested.

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:27 AM

I don't think I'll be starting IWD2 ever again. Boring, boring, boring... oh, and 3E sucks.

IWD1 held my interest for a while, but the lack of inter-party interaction hurt a lot.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

I don't think I'll be starting IWD2 ever again. Boring, boring, boring... oh, and 3E sucks.

IWD1 held my interest for a while, but the lack of inter-party interaction hurt a lot.

Try Heart of Fury mode with lvl 1 characters! :devil:

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:48 AM

Soon as I finish my current Tutu run-thru, will kick-up an IWD1-HoW-TotL game using Auril's Bane mod.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

I finished a ToTL run-through not so long back - with AB installed, as it happens. It's still on my HDD but my savegames are being abused for debugging the next version of my yiSeries scripts.

IWDII? Beugh! I'll never finish it - hated it. Actually I might finish it - with the aid of a (say it softly) w-al-k-t-h-r-o-u-g-h. :whistling:

-Y-

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:06 AM

I used to make small pauses between my BG (TuTu, BP, whatever) run-throughs - like, say, half a year - so I play IWD occasionally during this gaps ;)
IWD 1 is surely lacking greatly in the mods field - only AB for IWD1 :( and I too dislike IWD2 for being 3E.

Edited by Creepin, 15 February 2006 - 07:08 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#7 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

I just replayed iwd2 recently.
I still not like it.
The last battle is crappy powerplayer shit.
Ok, actually the second part of the last battle.
Madae just heals herself after drinking from the poisoned pond --> doh
Avenger

#8 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:22 AM

Played IWDII once a long time ago. Gamestopping bug encountered at the place where you had to use the wyvern stingers. Stopped playing.

Picked it up again after a while. Gamestopping bug encountered at the same place. Promised myself I would never pick it up again.

Picked it up again after a while. Gamestopping bug encountered at the same place. Said the words "fuck" and "shit" quite a few times, and then really promised myself never to pick it up again.

So NO, I'm not playing. I'm thinking about picking it up again though...
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

Err... patch 2.01 fixes that bug.

#10 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:49 PM

And now he tells me.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#11 -Valiant Unegistered-

-Valiant Unegistered-

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

Yes, as I like it a lot... And I mod it, too... Or at least I´m trying it.... :P

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

And now he tells me.

Heh... I always patch games to the newest version before I start playing... I thought everyone did that. :D

#13 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:42 AM

I always do to, so I must have accidently downloaded an old version of the patch or something similar... Anyways, I've actually picked it up again. And yes, I still hate with every fiber of my body.

- Yahtzee

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

Hehheh... I remember how I initially found that bug and left playing the game (when it was new, and the patch wasn't there yet). Now I've played it through and still it interests me... starting a game with only 5 level 1 characters in the Heart of Fury mode... that'll be a challenge... and it's possible. :D

#15 Skyfire

Skyfire
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:11 AM

:Bow: I still love these games, who needs smarmy fancy graphics?

#16 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

Just finished IWD1+HoW+TotLM+AB... whew, that was still fun :D
It's a pity there's so few mods (one, actually) for it, though :rolleyes:

Edited by Creepin, 24 February 2006 - 07:35 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#17 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:51 AM

Nope, don't play it anymore. Tried once, it was average, so only one run through those games is enough for me. They never managed to catch my interest enough for a replay, after I've seen the ending.

#18 Josh947312

Josh947312
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

I just finished IWD2 again. I enjoy it, but not as much as Baldur's Gate. Even though it is much less of a hassle to install. Stupid BG2 mods.

I have NEVER been able to finish IWD with or without the patches and with or without the Heart of Winter. I have my game crash no matter what... when I enter the tree after defeating that first guy in the tomb. The patches say they will eliminate that bug, but have never worked for me and even lead to me permanently being unable to load my game up without reinstallation.

#19 Alandrea

Alandrea

Sweet and Innocent

• 262 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

I still play occasionally and I have finished all of the games. I?ve never had a bug problem though and I don?t think I have any patches. Mind, I did get it as the collection (IWD1, IWD2, and HOW in one box) so perhaps they?d fixed all the bugs by the time that came out.
~*kitty*~

You must gather your pants before venturing forth

The lunatics are running this asylum.

#20 --Antignition--

--Antignition--

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

I always try to get into IWDII, but I usually spend more time trying to plan out my characters for it.

If there was a way to downgrade IWD2 into 2E (exactly like BG2), then I'd be happy. Most people seem to prefer 3E over 2E though...I just can't stand all the pre-planning.

IWD was great though, I'll probably play it again this year because I didn't know ToTL existed before I uninstalled my game the first time.