Gah! Bugs! (Some Annoying!)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

Ahahahahhahahahaa ;]
Yup...IMHO don't change a single thing...those who attack everything moving on line of sight should learn not to do that...especially at cRPG ;]

#22 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

since they know you, to sneak up invisibly, stick you with their dagger, and then whisper in your ear. :devil:

Exactly! It adds a special mood to the situation when you discover yet unknown foe that run toward you to tell you something *special* right in your face. And he doesn't need to yell at you over the whole room. It could suit for some old drunkard, not for a professional thief.

And, damn! That is NOT A BUG!!!!

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#23 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:05 AM

Krystin not being visible to True Seeing is a bug no matter how you look at it. :)

#24 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

Krystin not being visible to True Seeing is a bug no matter how you look at it. :)

'i broke my game, now my game is broke' is not a bug. user error: yes; bug: no.

it's the same as yr Kachiko "error" report: when you break yr game because you've done something that the mod author explicitly says 'don't do x, or it will break yr game', then there's no bug, there's only user error.

is an error caused by metagaming a bug, user error, or something else? and does it require a 'bugfix'? personally, i agree with KD:

And once again about Slythe and Rashad. To appear them invisible to backstab them you have to know 1) where they are located and 2) that those guys are bastards that deserve to be killed immediately. Now tell me, is it possible to know that for the person who plays the game for the first time? I'll tell you - NO

it's like CLUAing yrself to the unreachable container in Spellhold, and then complaining that there's no way back to the entrance of the asylum.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#25 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:02 AM

OK then, I'll check this one only. :)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#26 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:00 AM

i broke my game, now my game is broke' is not a bug. user error: yes; bug: no.

If the game Allows me to do something that I shouldn't do, then that is a problem with the game as it will happen to others. And there's other things to this too. "Maybe I had True Seeing up when I got there, and was hiding in Shadows. Krystin would still not appear. That is still an error, No?

I don't care about Kachiko anymore, I'll just turn her to stone from now on and get her when I need her.

But seriously, if you don't agree with some of my bug reports that's fine. But, I revealed a lot more bugs than those 2. (Savevok, Angelo, and Semaj messed up) (Severe punishments for stealing) (Killable Tethtoril and Ulraunt) ect. Talk about those or something.

And, also I don't need help with Kachiko. I need help because the Planar Sphere is not opening and DeArnise Keep is unaccessible to me.

Edited by Bill Bisco, 18 February 2006 - 10:39 AM.

#27 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:18 AM

I had a little trouble with the planar sphere with the BGT beta4. Try having Valygar walk around the steps that lead up to it. He is supposed to fire off a dialogue around there and then it will unlock itself. He didnt fire it when I first ran up there. Walking around it made him do it finally then I could go in.

I had some trouble clearing up quest journal entries from the planar sphere also but just decided to ignore it since zeta was out by then and I was playing an outdated bgt.

As far as dearnise keep I don't know. What do you mean in inaccessable? Is it on your map but you just can't goto it(the Revised worldmapv5 has several bugs)? Have you spoken to Nalia at the copper coronet yet?
All else fails, try cluaconsole.

If the game Allows me do something that I shouldn't do, then that is a problem with the game as it will happen to others.

I agree with you there.

Edited by kharan5876, 18 February 2006 - 10:19 AM.

#28 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

If the game Allows me do something that I shouldn't do, then that is a problem with the game as it will happen to others.

I agree with you there.

Well, a car allows you to crash into a wall on purpose, but that doesn't allow you to blame the car. It doesn't need any "on-purpose-crash" fix, it's your own fault.

#29 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

I don't care about Kachiko anymore, I'll just turn her to stone from now on and get her when I need her.

Hmm... It's very interesting method to solve TS main quest. It has never come to my mind that players would install TS in order NOT TO play it, to ignore Yoshimo-Kachiko romance, to miss their banters and interjections, and eventually to dismiss the main scenario of the mod. Well, this is very extraordinary approach. Bill Bisco, may I suggest a better, easier and more effective method to remove Kachiko - just to uninstall TS.

[EDIT] I recall this word - *misusing* - right?

Edited by Vlad, 18 February 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#30 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

Well, a car allows you to crash into a wall on purpose, but that doesn't allow you to blame the car. It doesn't need any "on-purpose-crash" fix, it's your own fault.

That's very true. However, not everything is equal to everything and not every situation applies to every situation. If I shouldn't be able to do something, then I shouldn't be able to do it, and the game should not let me. The game lets you attack Sarevok before presenting any evidence, the game lets you attack Bohdi too early on, the game lets you attack the theives guild. There are just penalties for doing so :)

But anywho, we've talked way too much about this issue. I've stated my opinion and you've stated yours.

Hmm... It's very interesting method to solve TS main quest. It has never come to my mind that players would install TS in order NOT TO play it, to ignore Yoshimo-Kachiko romance, to miss their banters and interjections, and eventually to dismiss the main scenario of the mod. Well, this is very extraordinary approach. Bill Bisco, may I suggest a better, easier and more effective method to remove Kachiko - just to uninstall TS.

*Raises Shoulders* :D What can I say, I just found her not to my personal tastes. At the beginning it was me, Yoshimo, Kachiko, and Saerilith. Saerilith is already annoying enough since she's a Cavalier and can't used ranged worth anything, and to have another Character who had a low AC who can't use ranged attacks was well annoying :D

Don't take that to mean that I don't like TS. No siree, I very much appreciate your work. I just install a lot of mods to see the effect that they have on the Baldur's Gate World. And, as a fresh player who hasn't done BG2 in several years, it was just my personal impression to find Kachiko bothersome. I wanted to keep Yoshimo and I was hoping that Kachiko would be content to stay at the Docks meanwhile the rest of the party and I gained a lot of XP without her :lol: But, she wouldn't allow that, so I had to find another way to get rid of her.

I just completed the main part of the quest actually. I had to Clua in Kachiko, but when I used Raise Dead to get her back again, it was the Kachiko that I originally kicked out but dissappeared and she had that Robe I gave her! (So I get to have my money back :D ) Your mod was pretty fun, and I'll go onto your forum later and tell you some good things about it.

So now I'm at Spellhold and Eager to get Imoen back.

Edited by Bill Bisco, 18 February 2006 - 04:49 PM.

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:43 PM

So now I'm at Spellhold and Eager to get Imoen back.

Hopefully, Imoen is there...

Questions: When Valygar/Planar Sphere stuffed up, are you sure BGT-WeiDU have to have something to do with it? (i.e. was BGT-WeiDU the ONLY mod you had installed when you encountered the bug?)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#32 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

Questions: When Valygar/Planar Sphere stuffed up, are you sure BGT-WeiDU have to have something to do with it? (i.e. was BGT-WeiDU the ONLY mod you had installed when you encountered the bug?

No, and I apologize for that. I realized afterwards that I should not have mentioned that in my first post on this thread. So I made another thread stating my problem with The Planar Sphere. When I get to the right point I will try out kharan5876's Suggestion. And, if it does not work out, hopefully someone on the Big Picture will help me.

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

OK.

- Fixed up familiar importation issue (and when the familiar is out, it certainly follows the player to Irenicus' Dungeon in my game). Maybe another mod screws this up?
- Angelo appearing in prison bug fixed for BGT Tweak pack
- the Duchal Palace traps aren't really bugged. You just opened 7 trapped containers when a guard was looking. Hence, 21 enforcers get spawned. May sound inconsistent, but not really a bug. Good luck fighting them, or are you chicken and run?
- The True Seeing of Krystin miraculously isn't a bug. After while of testing, spells such as True Seeing, Oracle, Invisibility Purge, and True Sight will only detect invisible on NPCs with ENEMY status. Unfortunately, this is a game engine limitation and can't really be changed. As an example, True Seeing WILL WORK if you talk to Slythe and Krystin becomes and enemy. If you Ctrl-Y Slythe then cast an area effect offensive spell where Krystin is, True Seeing will also work. However, it is impossible to detect Krystin if her allegiance remains neutral. Can't do anything about it either

--------------
Retired Modder

#34 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

I had to Clua in Kachiko, but when I used Raise Dead to get her back again, it was the Kachiko that I originally kicked out but dissappeared and she had that Robe I gave her!

Asc64, you see, it is only possible with MoveGlobals. In this case MBA won't work because the character is missing.

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

I had to Clua in Kachiko, but when I used Raise Dead to get her back again, it was the Kachiko that I originally kicked out but dissappeared and she had that Robe I gave her!

Asc64, you see, it is only possible with MoveGlobals. In this case MBA won't work because the character is missing.

Well, maybe that is for IESDP, but I don't expect my NPCs to die during the transition, if you get the gist. :)

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 aigleborgne

aigleborgne
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:20 AM

I will be able to do something for her in my mod.
Let her neutral, but add a trigger "if dead slythe, she goes enemy"

OK.

- Fixed up familiar importation issue (and when the familiar is out, it certainly follows the player to Irenicus' Dungeon in my game). Maybe another mod screws this up?
- Angelo appearing in prison bug fixed for BGT Tweak pack
- the Duchal Palace traps aren't really bugged. You just opened 7 trapped containers when a guard was looking. Hence, 21 enforcers get spawned. May sound inconsistent, but not really a bug. Good luck fighting them, or are you chicken and run?
- The True Seeing of Krystin miraculously isn't a bug. After while of testing, spells such as True Seeing, Oracle, Invisibility Purge, and True Sight will only detect invisible on NPCs with ENEMY status. Unfortunately, this is a game engine limitation and can't really be changed. As an example, True Seeing WILL WORK if you talk to Slythe and Krystin becomes and enemy. If you Ctrl-Y Slythe then cast an area effect offensive spell where Krystin is, True Seeing will also work. However, it is impossible to detect Krystin if her allegiance remains neutral. Can't do anything about it either

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

I was going to do that, but that goes back to the 'you shouldn't kill Slythe when he is walking up to you' thing. After Slythe talks to you, Krystin becomes enemy under Slythe's dialogue action.

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

That's okay, there can be 2 triggers :) Oh, and thanks for fixing and trying out some of the stuff! You betchya I'm gonna run! I hate losing Reputation!

#39 aigleborgne

aigleborgne
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:08 AM

I fully agree with you : Slythe shouldn't die before talking to PC.
But it can happen, and his wife should react immediatly once he is attacked.

There are many other npc that can be attacked (even if they shouldn't), and those have no scripts or nothing to fight back. I think it should stay as it is. But my mod will make those additions

I was going to do that, but that goes back to the 'you shouldn't kill Slythe when he is walking up to you' thing. After Slythe talks to you, Krystin becomes enemy under Slythe's dialogue action.

#40 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:57 PM

OK, thanks aigleborgne! :)

--------------
Retired Modder