Photo

Reviving multiplayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#21 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:44 AM

I would be interested, but I have never played multiplayer before. My timezone is GMT+2 and, for now, I have a very flexible time schedule.

About mods :

BGT - definitely
BP - definitely
TS - without any TS's NPC, there is no point I think
TDD - I would rather not play this one... filled spellbooks for sorcerers, clerics and druids are really painful.
others : as you like :)
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#22 trurl

trurl
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

i would also very much like to play a multiplayer game. timewise same here as anomaly - gmt+2 and a very flexible schedule

regarding mods - bp of course and hopefully bgt. anything on top of that is nice but not essential.
full spellbooks are indeed annoying but can't nearinfinity be easily used to erase/change spells from the book?

#23 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

full spellbooks are indeed annoying but can't nearinfinity be easily used to erase/change spells from the book?

Well, not really... I can't remove or add anything with Near Infinity, just edit. And even, with ShadowKeeper, you CAN remove unwanted cleric or druid spells, but they come back the next time you level up. This is cumbersome for ranger / cleric and also for cleric/druid 7th level spells and their HLA. Note that all of this mess must be done on the machine host, of course. <_<

For sorcerers, you can't choose the latest spells, like Web or Stoneskin with TDD installed. This is also very annoying, since I am a big fan of Web (and Stoneskin is... useful, to say the least).

Well, really, TDD spells are very cumbersome.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#24 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

Alrighty, I can live with that. No TDD or TS seems Reasonable.

What about CtB and SoS? How much would they add to a multiplayer game?

What about Nej2? How much would this add to a multiplayer game? I know that Vlad isn't a big fan of Multiplayer so would this be a problem?

Similarly, are any annoying things going to happen in that mod, like being required to have a certain NPC with you to complete it?

#25 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

For me the best idea would be to play BGT + BP + TDD because i realy like the TDD kits!!:D Maybe some other small mods(i think that The Biggs Tweaks would be good because of it`s Improved Difficulty System Component and maybe NSoTSC and DSoTSC because i realy like them)

#26 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

Alright, Man, this is harder than I would have thought, I guess it is partially due to problems with interacting in Real Time

Well, I don't know if we can manage TDD Because of Anomaly's Request. TDD sin is an option, but yet again the problem is that it still installs all of the Spells! So this question is important. Is it possible to get the kits you want some other way? Someway that I don't know about? Does TDD sin give you the option to install each component Separately?

I have a New Idea, How about Everyone Choose 1 Mod that they Really Want, and then 1 Mod That they Really Don't Want

For Me

Want- Baldur's Gate Trilogy

Don't Want- Tortured Souls

Say what you want and don't want. If there's a conflict between what someone wants and what someone doesn't, we can negotiate. I think that Anomaly doesn't Want TDD so let's leave that out (if Possible)

#27 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

In the TDD installer there are 2 components(TDD Core and TDD Kits) so i think it should be possible to install it but i`m not sure. It mightbe only possible to instal second component if the first is installed...
Want: BGT
Dont Want : NeJ

#28 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:42 AM

In the TDD installer there are 2 components(TDD Core and TDD Kits) so i think it should be possible to install it but i`m not sure. It mightbe only possible to instal second component if the first is installed...

No, I checked : TDD kits needs TDD Core to be installed sadly. -_-

I have a New Idea, How about Everyone Choose 1 Mod that they Really Want, and then 1 Mod That they Really Don't Want

This is a good idea.

I think that Anomaly doesn't Want TDD so let's leave that out (if Possible)

Good guess. :lol:

Want: Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Don't Want: The Darkest Day

#29 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:10 AM

Now that a hopefully stable version is out, I'm up for a little weekend :clown:'ing about.

And I'd rather cast 2 "don't want" votes than one of each. :D

Don't Want: CtB (haven't liked what little I've seen thus far)
Don't Want: DSotSC (too many uber items spoil the broth)

#30 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:30 AM

So my idea is to play BGT + BP and Char kits from TDD if it`s possible.
Nothing more as we won`t probeably agree to other mods :)

#31 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

So my idea is to play BGT + BP and Char kits from TDD if it`s possible.

Is it possible to play Char Kits from TDD without installing it ???? :wacko:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#32 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:13 AM

Dont think so but i wish it would be possible ;)

#33 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:19 AM

No, this is not possible. You need to install TDD to play TDD kits. Even with TDDsinTDD, there is no option to install kits but not spells. <_<

#34 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:04 AM

(sorry for double posting)

Hey I think I have found a solution. I just remembered that I have made a mod in the past to address TDD spells problem, very much inspired of Horred's workaround (the famous cleric / ranger's gloves). It adds a ring, useable by all divine castors ; when you put it on, it removes all TDD spells from spellbook until next level up. This is exactly what I need. This does not solve spell selection problem for sorcerors, but I don't want to play one.

This was for Big Picture-classic. Hopefully this works with TDD-WeiDU as well. :)

I will modify my mod to add this ring to Winthrop's store, and if this work, I can play with The Darkest Day installed.

#35 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hooray :)

#36 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

And I'd rather cast 2 "don't want" votes than one of each. biggrin.gif

That's fair. I guess we just don't want the opposite which is someone Wanting 2 mods :)

Don't Want: CtB (haven't liked what little I've seen thus far)

Really? I would have that that you of all people would have played all of the Big Picture mods :o

Alright, I said that I wanted BGT simply so that other people could claim to want something else :D

But, Since dragonian and Anomaly both said that they wanted BGT as well. I'm going to change mine to

Want: BP-Weidu (all components)
Don't Want: Tortured Souls

BP-Weidu Because I like The Bonus Merchants and I like Ascension. I do have to say though after looking at the Download Page for SHS and The Black Wyrm........It is really confusing.

For Instance at the Wyrm I am seeing

Big Picture (BP) Weidu v1.7.6 (Beta) *New*
Big Picture + Tortured Souls v6.04.01
Big Picture + Check the Bodies v1.7
Check the Bodies Wiedu v1.60
Shadows Over Soubar (SoS) Weidu v1.1.0
The Darkest Day Weidu v1.1.0

For instance how would one know whether to install Big Picture + a mod or simply The Big Picture and then a mod. Also, what would happen if one installed Big Picture + Tortured Souls and Big Picture + Check the Bodies??

Is it better to install Big Picture+Mod or Mod then Big Picture?

Oh yes, does this mod install the Improved Bhaalspawn or does it give us the option. Similarly, it does give the bonus merchants? I didn't see it listed in the readme.

Alright So Far:

Want:
BGT
TDD
BP

Don't Want:
TS
NEJ2
CtB
DSotSC

So Our Install so far would be?

0) Full BGII SOA+TOB+26498_patch and BG1+ToTSC+5512_patch
1) BD-WeiDU 1.5 (Since G3 Fixpack isn't publicly available)
2) TDD v1.10
3) BGT-WeiDU v1.00
4) Anomaly's Mod
5) BP v176
6) Yacomo's Worldmap

Would it make a difference as far as multiplayer goes, when BD-WeiDU 1.5 was installed? Also, if anyone is against it, I could go without BP v176

Edit: Of course this assumes that Anomaly's Mod will do the trick, if it doesn't work then No TDD

Edited by Bill Bisco, 29 March 2006 - 01:51 PM.

#37 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Personally, I would enjoy a simple installation of BGT WeiDU + BP WeiDU. It will be difficult enough getting the people together again for repeated sessions without playing through 10 other sizeable mods' content as well. ^_^ I am somewhat of a balance freak myself and don't fancy the idea of having Elgenon's Bramble and so forth. There's something to be said for challenge, after all.

In terms of classes I would prefer playing... I fancy the druid and the sorcerer. ;)

#38 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

Ah, you are correct, it would be easier just to have those 2 mods.

Well, maybe dragonian can deal without a Beloved TDD Kit. If he can then that will be good.

Well, looking back at the previous posts, it seems that Definitely BGT + BP would be a good idea. Anyone want to make that official and just say that those will be the two that we are using?

As far as what I like to Play

I Fancy Fighter/Mage/Clerics
Fighter/Mage/Thieves
Fighter/Thieves
Fighters
Fighter Dual Thieves
Thief Dual Fighters

I could probably have fun with Mage/Thieves or Cleric/Thieves as well

You know something just struck me. What if everyone on the party had Stealth? Imagine 6 PCs each one backstabbing an enemy then the next person walking up and doing the same thing in quick Succession. Man, that would be Soo Cool :woot: !

#39 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:40 AM

I can play withou TDD kits. That`s no problem ;)
But i would say that we should also install one more thing :)
The Bigg`s Tweak Pack because of it`s Improved Difficulty System - It set`s the mod`s that use the difficulty system to one that we wnat and we are still able not to get 200% demage on Impossible level...

Edited by dragonian, 30 March 2006 - 12:40 AM.

#40 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:54 AM

My mod is working, but I would prefer to play without TDD. And this will me much better for Kalindor if he wants to play a sorcerer (spell selection problem).

I would like to play with Big Picture-WeiDU installed, too... after all it's Big Picture forum here :lol:

Which class I want to play :

- monk but in that case I would really like to have Oversight's Monks High Level Abilities if we plan to get to TOB levels, especially with BP-Ascension, since fighters HLA for Monks are really poor.

- druid (avenger) but I will need to edit my character to overcome the erroneous -4 penalty to strength and constitution caused by Baldurdash-WeiDU (should be -2 only).

- cleric/ranger (multiclass)

we are still able not to get 200% demage on Impossible level...

Do we really have to play on Insane level ? :whistling: