Photo

Wierd Transition Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xamidjakh

Xamidjakh
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

OK, I have a problem with the transition from BG1 to BG2. I finished BG1, transisitioned seeminly fine, watched the cutscene with irenicus, then walked around for a bit, saved the game, and quit. When I went back to play now I try to load my saved game and the first thing that happens is that the BG2 intro video plays. (right after I load the game)

After it plays, the screen goes back to where I am, but its stuck like it is going to play a cutscene but cant. I cant do anything but hit ALT-F4 to quit. (no menus, cursor, etc.) I tried removing the video from my baldur.ini, renaming the file, loading a different save game, etc.

It works if I load a BG1 saved game, but not a BG2 saved game. I do have every mod installed pretty much except NeJ. Could this be a CtB problem? I never used CtB before, and I have Candlekeep chores begone installed. But that whole cutscene seemed to work fine (like I said, it was working fine right afterwords, its just when I quit and tried to load a saved game.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Let me know if you need anymore info. I have had zero problems with this install until now. Thanks everyone.

#2 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:27 AM

Create a GLOBAL "ENDOFBG1" and set it's value to 2. Load your game and it should work. Seems to be an area script problem when CTB is installed that causes this to not be set sometimes.

Edited by UndeadsRUs, 10 March 2006 - 08:27 AM.

#3 Xamidjakh

Xamidjakh
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

Create a GLOBAL "ENDOFBG1" and set it's value to 2. Load your game and it should work. Seems to be an area script problem when CTB is installed that causes this to not be set sometimes.

Thank you very, very much. It worked like a charm. I just used shadowkeeper, and set GLOBAL "ENDOFBG1" to 2. Awesome. thank you. :cheers:

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

Thank you very, very much. It worked like a charm. I just used shadowkeeper, and set GLOBAL "ENDOFBG1" to 2. Awesome. thank you. :cheers:

Is it a problem with CtB proper? Or it is only Chores-be-Gone that is the problem?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

Seems to be a BGT problem actually. I've had it occur with no other mods installed. It happens if you start a BG2 game and load while still in AR0602. I think this is what causes it.

rAR0602:
IF
OnCreation()
Global("NewGame","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SetGlobal("NewGame","AR0602",1)
Continue()
END

xAR0602:
IF
OnCreation()
Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetCursorState(TRUE)
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SmallWait(10)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
SetGlobal("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END

IF
OnCreation()
Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetCursorState(TRUE)
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SmallWait(10)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

This seems to cause "NewGame" to be immediately set to 1, making the next 2 checks false if the player starts a BG2 game. This causes ENDOFBG1 to stay at 0 unless the player beats Sarevok. After laoding, the game checks ENDOFBG1 and, if it's 0, enters an endless cinema.

Edited by UndeadsRUs, 10 March 2006 - 06:50 PM.

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Well, what you have there is fine, but the scripts are used such that the existing script block in rAR0602 is REPLACED by the script blocks in xAR0602. That means that the first block you have there doesn't exist after you install BGT-WeiDU (unless CtB changes it). Overall, one of the two remaining script blocks must trigger of the last two blocks you show.

Seems to be a BGT problem actually. I've had it occur with no other mods installed. It happens if you start a BG2 game and load while still in AR0602. I think this is what causes it.

rAR0602:
IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
Continue()
END

xAR0602:
IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetCursorState(TRUE)
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SmallWait(10)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

IF
OnCreation()
Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetCursorState(TRUE)
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SmallWait(10)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

This seems to cause "NewGame" to be immediately set to 1, making the next 2 checks false if the player starts a BG2 game. This causes ENDOFBG1 to stay at 0 unless the player beats Sarevok. After laoding, the game checks ENDOFBG1 and, if it's 0, enters an endless cinema.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 UndeadsRUs

UndeadsRUs
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

I think it has something to do with when the CTB cutscene starts.

Changing this:
IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetCursorState(TRUE)
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SmallWait(10)