Now that BP-Weidu is released...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

Now that we have BP-WeiDU at long last, I plan on using BP-WeiDU, BGT-WeiDU 1.00, and NEJ2. Will I need to use the BGT-NEJ Compatability mod with this combination? Thanks.

*Edit: Durnit! Mispelled WeiDU in the title of the thread :whistling:

**Edit: Fixed it :D --Horred

Edited by horred the plague, 19 March 2006 - 12:18 PM.

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:04 AM

Now that we have BP-WeiDU at long last, I plan on using BP-WeiDU, BGT-WeiDU 1.00, and NEJ2. Will I need to use the BGT-NEJ Compatability mod with this combination? Thanks.

Yes, you will need to follow all directions for bgt and nej. bp-weidu provides no "magic glue" tricks these days. Install BP after all steps for bgt-nej2 have been completed.

Same for the other mods (you may have noticed 4 other mods were simultaneously released by KD?). Follow their directions, and put BP-weidu on afterwards.

P.S: I was hoping to wait for official announcements before talking about this, but I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed some new things over at iegmc.

Edited by horred the plague, 19 March 2006 - 10:06 AM.

#3 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:06 AM

I will resist the urge do do a Dr. Evil pinky smirk and get right to installing. Thanks for the hard work on this mod, Horred!

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:08 AM

I will resist the urge do do a Dr. Evil pinky smirk and get right to installing. Thanks for the hard work on this mod, Horred!

I'm doing the same, just got through cleaning out old mods and backup folders; reading the new docs, and figuring out the right order for all.

Again, I reiterate--you saw that TDD,SoS,TS-BP AND CtB were simultaneously updated?

#5 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

Yes, I am assuming (you know what they say about that...) that the new releases of the "big mods" are going to be compatible with BGT-WeiDU v1.00. I'll have to hit the readme files.

#6 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

Yes, I am assuming (you know what they say about that...) that the new releases of the "big mods" are going to be compatible with BGT-WeiDU v1.00. I'll have to hit the readme files.

I didn't find much there, but I see compatability for BGT-weidu is included in 3 of them. Also, RoT support. So, I'm going to take a guess at implied install:

NeJ2(parts 1 & 2)--I've written an auto biffer for this, BTW...
NeJ2v602 patch
RoT (this is just a guess, since it's a december 2005 release)--for future referrence (not ready yet)
CtB
BGT-weidu
NeJ2-BGT compat patch
(maybe SoBH, DSotSC,NTothSC here)
TDD
SoS
TS-BP
"Small mods"
BP-weidu
(The "small mods" noted in BP-weidu readme)

Remember, this is just a guess--the procedure I'm going to try out. Hopefully KD will come along soon and clarify this.

Edited by horred the plague, 19 March 2006 - 10:48 AM.

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

Hm so you think that the old version od RoT will be compatibile with those recently released mods? Because as far as i know KD is making the new weidued version of RoT.
Also is Nej now compatibile with the other Big Mods?

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

Hm so you think that the old version od RoT will be compatibile with those recently released mods? Because as far as i know KD is making the new weidued version of RoT.
Also is Nej now compatibile with the other Big Mods?

Thus my note about RoT--the old one is not compatible (later edit)

NeJ2 parts 1 and 2 "should" be compatible, file-wise. (I believe KD accomplished this). This is not to imply that they are compatible, plot-wise. Please make careful note of the distinction.

#9 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Great to know that NeJ is also compatibile now :)(Althought i hope to hear this from KD as you are also unsure about that)

#10 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

NeJ2v602 patch
RoT (this is just a guess, since it's a december 2005 release)--for future referrence (not ready yet)
CtB
BGT-weidu
NeJ2-BGT compat patch
TDD
SoS
TS-BP
"Small mods"
BP-weidu

Gosh, it's like a dream come true! :)
BTW, Horred, what was there about auto-biff? Care to share it perhaps? ;)

Edited: hmm, I wonder why is there readme for "H and S patch 7" uploaded to IEGMC instead of your all new red readme you flash recently? Is it intentional or what? :rolleyes:

Edited by Creepin, 19 March 2006 - 12:10 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

BTW, Horred, what was there about auto-biff? Care to share it perhaps? ;)

I'm giving it one last test right now, on my current all-new installation (it's running as I type). I will be glad to do so, but respect the "unofficial" status of this biffer mod (as in, don't bother Vlad if it blows up, bother me instead.) ;)

EDIT:

Edited: hmm, I wonder why is there readme for "H and S patch 7" uploaded to IEGMC instead of your all new red readme you flash recently? Is it intentional or what?

No, an oversight. We'll get it straight soon enough...

The flashy red ReadMe is inside of BPv175-weidu, fear not. ;)

Edited by horred the plague, 19 March 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#12 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

Oh joy! :woot:
I know I'm just repeating myself, but I'm so bloody happy :Tasty:

If not for all of your work (and Ascension64, and KD and all other fellow modders in no particular order) this world would be much duller place :Bow:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#13 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

Please note that BPv175 comes complete with a functional set of TRA files. Only English is currently implemented, but translations to any language (even Pig Latin, or SuperFly Jive!) are welcome. They will be implemented in the next version after receipt.

#14 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

/me throws the penthouse in the corner and goes to the bathroom with BP's readme :whistling:

ronin

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

I think we should add pnp Celestials to the list of "mods that come after BP". Perhaps "song and silence" as well (let me check how it handles 2DA's/IDS's first [EDIT: No issues, no sweat]). Anybody agree/disagree with this?

Edited by horred the plague, 19 March 2006 - 03:50 PM.

#16 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

I think it is a good idea to make the sticky topic with mods that should go after BP because they may change too often to include this in readme.

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

Sorry if this is a supid question (It's probably staring me right in the face), but where is the "NeJ2-BGT compat patch" ?

#18 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

I think it is a good idea to make the sticky topic with mods that should go after BP because they may change too often to include this in readme.

True enough, because I just thought of a couple others:

Redemption
Turnabout

Because both are dependent on Ascension (which is included in BP).

I'll get one up later on, if nobody beats me to it.

P.S: BGTNEJ2_v1.rar is in the iegmc/bgt-weidu folder. ;)

#19 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

Virtue. Always goes last. Always.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

P.S: BGTNEJ2_v1.rar is in the iegmc/bgt-weidu folder.

Thanks. :doh:

I'm going to take a guess at implied install:

NeJ2v602 patch
CtB
BGT-weidu
NeJ2-BGT compat patch
TDD
SoS
TS-BP
"Small mods"
BP-weidu

Remember, this is just a guess--the procedure I'm going to try out. Hopefully KD will come along soon and clarify this.

Any idea on if/when BD-WeiDU slots in here?