• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

Any idea on if/when BD-WeiDU slots in here?

I put mine right after the NeJ2v602 patch, before CtB. I'm not sure if that was right, wrong, or didn't matter. :unsure:

#22 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

I am not sure but after installing BP SoA/ToB switch screen is weird...ToB description is ok, but in place of SoA with TDD, SoS, CtB, TS, BGT and BP...are just referrence numbers or something. Before BP it was everything ok, now I can't fix that. It is not so great problem, but it might be some bug in tp2 or something.

#23 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

I am not sure but after installing BP SoA/ToB switch screen is weird...ToB description is ok, but in place of SoA with TDD, SoS, CtB, TS, BGT and BP...are just referrence numbers or something. Before BP it was everything ok, now I can't fix that. It is not so great problem, but it might be some bug in tp2 or something.

Just cjecked my own install, with more mods than you. All is well here...

#24 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

About the mods that will go after the BP.
I think that Big`s Tweak Pack should be installed after the BP cause of its Improved dificulity system component. Dont you think so?
Also i think that it is a good time to unhook the topic from the old BP ;)

Edited by dragonian, 20 March 2006 - 02:12 AM.

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:38 AM

Yes, I am assuming (you know what they say about that...) that the new releases of the "big mods" are going to be compatible with BGT-WeiDU v1.00. I'll have to hit the readme files.

I didn't find much there, but I see compatability for BGT-weidu is included in 3 of them. Also, RoT support. So, I'm going to take a guess at implied install:

NeJ2(parts 1 & 2)--I've written an auto biffer for this, BTW...
NeJ2v602 patch
RoT (this is just a guess, since it's a december 2005 release)--for future referrence (not ready yet)
CtB
BGT-weidu
NeJ2-BGT compat patch
(maybe SoBH, DSotSC,NTothSC here)
TDD
SoS
TS-BP
"Small mods"
BP-weidu
(The "small mods" noted in BP-weidu readme)

Remember, this is just a guess--the procedure I'm going to try out. Hopefully KD will come along soon and clarify this.

First,

:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: you have my hat for your work, i hope to have some time to test it with BGT soon <_<

A quick question, is BGT Worldmap (by yacomo, last version n°5) not needed anymore ???

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#26 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:22 AM

Any idea on if/when BD-WeiDU slots in here?

at the very beginning. strictly speaking, it shouldn't make any difference when you install it, but BD first is always a good idea.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#27 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:05 AM

i'm compiling an install order in the BP-BGT forum.

altho horred is quite happy supporting mega-install questions, i'd suggest we keep the BP forum for BP-weidu questions (and for re-educating anyone still using classic BP - can i recommend, too, that the old files get removed from or hidden on the FTP servers?) and move all 'will this that and the other mod all work together?' questions to the BP-BGT forum.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#28 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

The longer road should go after bp since it has ascension checks in it.
/me thinks

#29 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

The longer road should go after bp since it has ascension checks in it.
/me thinks

yr correct, but i'd prefer to advise ppl to remove the unnecessary checks from TOB-mods rather than install them after BP and have them overwriting BP scripts, cres, etc.

frankly, i dont see the need for these checks: if someone is stupid enough to install a TOB-mod on an SOA-only game, i reckon the rest of us have the right to point and laugh as they crash and burn. i'd rather see Redemption, Turnabout, Longer Road have their extraneous checks removed (as we're recommending you do in the interim with NEJ2) than have them installed after BP.

ideally, the last mods you install should be the important hex-patchers: BP, G3Tweaks, DEFJAM and/or Virtue, because anything that goes after these is not going to get the benefit of these mods. the worldmap is about the only thing i can think of that has a good enough reason to go after these, and even then, it's not essential. there's absolutely no good reason why an NPC mod should go after one of these. hex-patching rule-changing mods must go last for best results.

#30 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

I listed divine remix and refinements as after BP, because they hex-patch CLAB files. Something I want done after level-50 rules are added.

Rogue rebalancing, on the other hand, overwrites level-50 with level-40 2DA's. I not only put it in before BP-weidu, but changed the 2DA's to level-50 in the installer first.

#31 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

i'd rather see Redemption, Turnabout, Longer Road have their extraneous checks removed

All of these *require* Ascension. The install order is not negotiable.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#32 Eon Blue Apocalypse

Eon Blue Apocalypse
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

Acension is a seperate component of BP, isn't it? Would it be possible, theoratically, to first install Acension, then Longer Road , Turnabout, etc. and then the rest of BP?

#33 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:05 AM

You know, you could just take Ascension out of BP and update the version on Weimer's page.

#34 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

You know, you could just take Ascension out of BP and update the version on Weimer's page.

Or, ppl can just install the other mods afterwards, as directed. :lol:

I still have other plans for Ascension in the future (AI overhauls, etc). Most of them involve using the Detectable Stats, which is already built into BP.

#35 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

This creates a conflict on interest: Quest Pack should be installed post-Ascension, but it will only gain BP's AI if installed pre-BP. The same will apply to numerous other mods.
Additionally, a lot more people will be accustomed to going to Weimer's page to grab Ascension-WeiDU than to come looking for BP. You'll be getting more exposure that way.

#36 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

This creates a conflict on interest: Quest Pack should be installed post-Ascension, but it will only gain BP's AI if installed pre-BP. The same will apply to numerous other mods.
Additionally, a lot more people will be accustomed to going to Weimer's page to grab Ascension-WeiDU than to come looking for BP. You'll be getting more exposure that way.

I'll consider it, but not before I'm done mucking around with it. ;)

#37 -nalex-

-nalex-

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

can't you patch weimer ascension when installing BP? or had the checking files when unzip BP in BG2 folder?

#38 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:24 AM

can't you patch weimer ascension when installing BP? or had the checking files when unzip BP in BG2 folder?

I've written a superior Ascension than the one on Weimer's site; why would I patch it?

It's either replace Weimer's, or leave things as they are. As I have already said to Sim--if I replace Weimer's as "the" Ascension, there are a couple other things I'd rather do first.

#39 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:57 AM

Hey Horred you said Divine Remix to go after BigPicture. But is it not really compatible with the maxi-install right? (disables TDD spells). Thanks for the info, Raoul.

#40 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:08 AM

Hey Horred you said Divine Remix to go after BigPicture. But is it not really compatible with the maxi-install right? (disables TDD spells). Thanks for the info, Raoul.

That wasn't an "install everything and more" list I wrote. You don't have to use TDD with BP, for example.