Lightsabers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hama

Hama
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

Hi:)

which is the best?  singel lightsaber, dubble-lightsaber or fight with two lightsabers?

Any good tips of were to find good crystals?

Best regards, Hama
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
Oyeah!!!

"When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

#2 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

They all work. It's really up to you.
I myself prefer a single, regular lightsaber with a few crystals that up attack power.
I give Bastila a double-bladed one (double-bladed have stronger attacking power). I haven't really dual-wielded yet, though I understand you can try using a short lightsaber in the off-hand and a regular one in the active.

In the end, it's your choice, and any will do.
Just choose your favorite.

Edited by Moongaze, 22 March 2006 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Well, single lightsaber sucks, anything else is great :)

Two lightsabers are probably the way to go though, because you have room for more crystals.

Go here: http://www.gamebansh...ystalsguide.php

and here: http://www.gamebansh.../lightsaber.php

for guides to crystals of Knights of the Old Rebuplic I

Go here: http://www.gamebansh...pgradeguide.php

and here: http://www.gamebansh...wercrystals.php

for guides to crystals of Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords.

:)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#4 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

Single-bladed lightsabers have the lowest attack power. But to use either the twin-bladed lightsaber or dual-wielding (short lightsaber on the off-hand) you would require at least two feats in the two-weapon fighting style or suffer horrible to-hit penalties. (High damage potential is pointless if you have low hit ratio. :P )

Suppose that you did put two (if not three) feats into two-weapon fighting, the decision between double-bladed and dual-wielding is mainly based on whether you chose the Flurry Feat tree or the Critical Strike Feat tree. Since there is a 20 level cap in KotOR I, it's really unwise to take both feat trees. -_-

If you chose the Flurry Feat tree, then double-bladed lightsaber with two high damage crystals is the way to go. (The double-bladed lightsaber has a critical range of 5%, but has maximal damage on both sides, as opposed to a weaker short lightsaber on the offhand in dual-wielding).

If you chose the Critical Strike Feat tree, then dual-wielding lightsabers is the better choice, having a keen crystal with the Master Critical Strike feat will give a whopping critical hit rate of 55%, plus it would stun most enemies allowing for another strike (if they are still alive). :ph34r:

In my humble opinion, I think the Double-bladed lightsaber + Master Flurry combination is slightly better because it has a reliable damage output and a lot of the end enemies are immune to stun (i.e. Bastila and Malak). :)

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:15 AM

Well, people really worked out the mechanics it seems! :D I prefer double-bladed lighsabers myself, for the coolness and damage!

#6 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:19 AM

Naaah, The BEST way is using 2 regular lightsabers. 1 more attack, more crystals, etc. You must have skills with 2 weapon fighting, of course. But it still is WAY better than Dueling.

#7 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Well, people really worked out the mechanics it seems! :D I prefer double-bladed lighsabers myself, for the coolness and damage!

in kotor I, not the sith lords, due to a bug in the xbox version, you get the same to hit numbers as if you maxed out two handed fighting with any double bladed weapon...including double bladed lightsabers, without any of the two handed feats...

but having two sabers and maxing out two handed fighting feats is still worth while due to the ability to use mutiple crystals later in the game... :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#8 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

in kotor I, not the sith lords, due to a bug in the xbox version, you get the same to hit numbers as if you maxed out two handed fighting with any double bladed weapon...including double bladed lightsabers, without any of the two handed feats...

but having two sabers and maxing out two handed fighting feats is still worth while due to the ability to use mutiple crystals later in the game... :devil:

I think they fixed the bug in the PC version. :(
Besides, in KotOR I the strongest crystals are the Solari and the Upari, both are unique, which means that when wielding two lightsabers, one of the two will be invariably weaker. :P

In KotOR II, wielding two lightsabers is advantageous mainly because you can fit your lightsaber with a keen lens instead of using the one of the two slots for a keen crystal.
This allows you an extra crystal slot to fit another crystal which you couldn't do in KotOR I *cough*Massive Critals*cough*, which means you can put a much stronger punch with Master Critical Strike than you can with Master Flurry. :devil:

Furthermore, in KotOR II, the level cap is increased, which means that you can actually go down both the Critical Strike tree and the Master Flurry tree. :woot:
This gives wielding two lightsabers an even greater boost:
- A Master Flurry while wielding two lightsabers would only suffer a slight disadvantage in damage (if even that since there is also the increased critical threat range :ph34r: )
- A Master Critical Strike with a double-bladed lightsaber is just asking for trouble. -_-

#9 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

In KotOR II, wielding two lightsabers is advantageous mainly because you can fit your lightsaber with a keen lens instead of using the one of the two slots for a keen crystal.
This allows you an extra crystal slot to fit another crystal which you couldn't do in KotOR I *cough*Massive Critals*cough*, which means you can put a much stronger punch with Master Critical Strike than you can with Master Flurry. :devil:

Try a master power attack with two sabers...

make a consular weapon master, max out two weapon and power attack, weapon specialization lightsabre and strength attributes...

improved beam gem, your charname crystal, opila (massive criticals), improved beam gem, master fencing emitter, and ultimate ditanium cell on mainhand lightsaber. (and the lightsabre form that increases the critical hit multiplier)

now, this is where things get really fun...static variables, like strength damage bonus, and jedi weapon master bonus damage will multiply per critical hit...and the bonus damage granted by master power attack...

on a roll of 17-20, you get a critical hit with master power attack (threat range of one handed lightsaber with improved beam gem) and i've gotten over 250 damage PER HIT...

:woot:

(yes, i have way too much time on my hands sometimes...)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#10 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

I tend to avoid the Power Attack feat tree in favor of the Critical Strike feat tree due to the -3 penalty to hit for Power Attack. (As I said before, high damage potential is pointless if you have low hit ratio. :P )
Then again, I tend to follow the Sentinel/Watchman or Sentinel/Sith Assassin path (Mainly for that "first strike kill" with Master Critical Strike :ph34r:) so there are too few feats to offset the To Hit penalty. ^_^

On the other hand, your lightsaber is very well built! :)
Might have to play KotOR II again just to try saber with increased critical multiplier. :devil:

#11 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

I tend to avoid the Power Attack feat tree in favor of the Critical Strike feat tree due to the -3 penalty to hit for Power Attack. (As I said before, high damage potential is pointless if you have low hit ratio. :P )
Then again, I tend to follow the Sentinel/Watchman or Sentinel/Sith Assassin path (Mainly for that "first strike kill" with Master Critical Strike :ph34r:) so there are too few feats to offset the To Hit penalty. ^_^

On the other hand, your lightsaber is very well built! :)
Might have to play KotOR II again just to try saber with increased critical multiplier. :devil:

try sentinel weapon master...you will find the "increased melee damage" innate feat will vastly improve critical strike attacks, since it is a constant bonus and WILL MULTIPLY on a successful critical hit. now the sneak attack bonus(sith assassin) does add enough damage to equal the bonus of a multiplied increased melee damage, but its close...(sentinel weapon master will beat a sentinel watchman in total damage)...i tend to build my consular weapon masters with max critical hit and max power attack, using both as the situation calls for...both will take down just about any enemy in one round with master speed in effect..

i understand the interest in skill points, but i find that using the dragon cave exploit, and base 16 intelligence with upgrade to 18 in the first eight levels give me all the skill points i need to max out all my skills by the time i leave korriban... :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...