BP+BGT+DSotSC problem...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

Candlekeep part 2, in the last part of the dungeon underneath Candlekeep.
Every time I move into the area (AR6560) my game crashes.
No error messages, nothing but a black screen, and the windows error noise.
I usually have to ctrl+alt+del it.
Sometimes it dosen't crash instantly, but after a few seconds at best, it freezes I can't do anything.
I can CLAUConsole my way out, but there are some key storyline points in that part of the dungeon, and I can't progress with the storyline without them.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:32 AM

Your going to have to explain this better. Are you saying you have the older BGT-BP with DSotSC installed? I don't know how much help any of us can be on that older version. I don't even think I have it installed right now. If it is the newer Weidu version, please list the mods you have installed. I know DSotSC doesn't change this area but I don't know about other mods.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

Managed to fix it, but I've come across another bug.

At the game transition from BG1 to BG2, after your party is captured, imoen never apears, and the cutscene-esque part dosen't end. I've tried CLUAConsoling Imoen and Imoen2, in the time before Irenicus appears, but this hasn't worked, Some times the dialogue log reappears and has Jaheria, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir attacking Shadow theives, and Mar'Var's dialogue comes up, and the BG2 intro restarts. This dosen't seem to interfere with Irenicus's dialogue, he keeps talking. Cheat keys also don't work when this happens.

I have everything in MM75's installation guide installed, plus Dark Side of the Sword Coast, I followed directions exactly, and didn't have any errors durin installation.

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

I went out of my way to make sure I touch none of this, in BP-weidu. Why? So I can't be blamed for any issues! :P

All I add to these regions (AR0602 and AR0603) is rest encounters, and a couple creatures. Maybe a better Ilych encounter as well, but nothing at all to do with Imoen or Jaheira.

#5 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

I pulled out SK and tried to edit stuff, but that ended quickly, SK gave me an error
Could not find Chitin.Key
Could not import Shadows of Amn Resources, etc...

#6 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:17 AM

Post contents of your weidu.log here or rename it to .TXT and post as attachment.

If you installed NeJ, make sure you installed "Continious and Custom Kit Imoen" component.

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:21 AM

I think he has old wersions installed as he said he followed Melkor`s instructions and they are for nonweidued mods.
I sugest making full reinstall with new weidued mods.

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:58 AM

hey, hey, i forgot to mention: i solved the 'imoen doesn't appear' problem a while ago: what's happening is that some other mod has done an EXTEND_TOP to AR0602.bcs (FR-ROV on my install at the time) without the necessary Continue() at the end of the added script block and so the scene where immy is supposed to appear never fires.

i can't remember now why half the cutscene runs, but i can verify that both solutions: shifting errant script blocks from the top of AR0602.bcs and adding a Continue() to any such script block solve the 'immy doesn't appear' problem.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#9 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

hey, hey, i forgot to mention: i solved the 'imoen doesn't appear' problem a while ago: what's happening is that some other mod has done an EXTEND_TOP to AR0602.bcs (FR-ROV on my install at the time) without the necessary Continue() at the end of the added script block and so the scene where immy is supposed to appear never fires.

i can't remember now why half the cutscene runs, but i can verify that both solutions: shifting errant script blocks from the top of AR0602.bcs and adding a Continue() to any such script block solve the 'immy doesn't appear' problem.

Hmm, I just checked my AR0602.BCS, this is the top block it has:

IF
Global("DeSpawnItem","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("DeSpawnItem","AR0602",1)
ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DeITM033",0,0,0)) // ~Dirk~
ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DeITM068",0,0,0)) // ~Sabre~
ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DeITM007",0,0,0)) // ~Hatchet~
ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DeITM034",0,0,0)) // ~Horseman's Flail~
END

but Imoen appears as she should and the cutscene works for me. :whistling:
(when I start new BG2 game, at least)

Edited by pro5, 11 April 2006 - 02:22 AM.

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:59 AM

don't ask me why it doesn't always break: that i wasn't able to work out. but i every time it did break, inserting a missing Continue() fixed it.

maybe some artefact of the way the game engine parses scripts?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#11 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

Contents of WeiDU.Log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.TP2~ #0 #0 // BP-BGT-NEJ, Patch 313
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 7
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // BP Nerfs: Based upon Hlidskialf's Nerf scripts, this component reduces the difficulty of some of the more troublesome creatures.
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #2 // NEJ-specific fixes
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sureblade Nerf: Downgrades Rolf's sword to something more manageable
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-BP v1.6 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal

How do you view/edit AR files for scripts?
I guess its that ""Continious and Custom Kit Imoen" component." :[

#12 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:45 AM

Looked at my AR0602.bcs
Its huge....

IF
OnCreation()
Global("NewGame","AR0602",0)
Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SetGlobal("NewGame","AR0602",1)
END

IF
OnCreation()
Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
StartCutSceneMode()
EraseJournalEntry(102179) // Someone wishes me dead! Gorion is right to think we are no longer safe here, though I have no idea why someone would want to cause us harm. The attempt on my life may have been laughable, but I fear there will be more threats to come.
EraseJournalEntry(102180) // You awake with the realization that you have not been having some horrible dream. Ambushed, you saw Gorion cut down before your eyes, and even his powerful magic could not stop the onslaught. It was his wish that you flee, but that does not remove the feeling of helplessness that now overwhelms you."Hand over your ward," the armored fiend had said. He was after you and you alone, but why? If only Gorion had given some clue, but now you are alone and lost. Candlekeep is near, but you will find no quarter there. The readers pay for their serenity with rather draconian entry rules, and without Gorion's influence their doors will remain closed.
EraseJournalEntry(102181) // The Merchant of Nashkel has promised us gold if we were to bring back a winter wolf pelt.
EraseJournalEntry(102182) // I successfully cleared the Nashkel mines, and was rewarded handsomely for my efforts. 900 gold from Berrun Ghastkill, and the thanks of the entire town. Iron will slowly filter back to the coast now, though transporting it is still a treacherous business. The bandits on the roads will have to be dealt with.
EraseJournalEntry(102183) // Loyalty in this camp runs about as strong as the iron they're stealing. With a little 'encouragement,' I was able to get one of the bandits to disclose that Tazok's tent lies in the northeast part of the encampment. If I'm to learn anything in this infernal place, I can only hope it will be there.
EraseJournalEntry(102184) // We have agreed to go on a mission for Duke Eltan. We are to infiltrate the Iron Throne headquarters, here in Baldur's Gate.
EraseJournalEntry(102185) // I am quite the hero, it seems, and getting quite the dues of the office. Perhaps my fisaco with Sarevok was for the best, but I have no idea where I'll go from here.
EraseJournalEntry(102186) // With your hurried flight from Candlekeep barely behind you, the troubles facing the Sword Coast seem an unfamiliar blur to your fractured nerves. Gorion would not have you sit idle, however, and perhaps investigating local concerns will shed some light on your own predicament. How the iron shortage or the trouble in the Nashkel mines could possibly be linked to you, you have no idea.
EraseJournalEntry(102187) // It is certain that the death of Mulahey will relieve the fears of the terrorized folk of Nashkel, but you remain uneasy. While the half-orc may indeed have caused the evils that befell the mine, the shortage of iron is too widespread to be his doing alone. His letters confirm your suspicions, and though they give little indication as to where his cohorts are hiding, they may have links to the bandits that currently plague the Coast Way.
EraseJournalEntry(102188) // Life continues to be quite the challenge. You have been accused of murdering the Iron Throne leaders, and the Flaming Fist will undoubtedly hound your every step because of it. Despite all of this, you must return to the city of Baldur's Gate, the very lair of your accusers. You must find and expose the one who is responsible for your predicament; you must find Sarevok.
EraseJournalEntry(102189) // You have dealt a great blow to the organization known as the Iron Throne; a defeat that you are certain will not be ignored. Now you must travel to the great city of Baldur's Gate, where you are certain to find the truth behind the strange plot that plagues the citizens of the Sword Coast.
EraseJournalEntry(102190) // Mulahey and Tazok have proven to be nothing more than puppets; the true master of this unfolding mystery continues to elude you. One thing is certain; someone has taken a very personal interest in seeking your death, though why, you are not sure. Your search for answers continues, and the foreboding Cloakwood forest is your next target.
EraseJournalEntry(102191) // Ragefast thinks that Ramazith has evil plans in store for the nymph named Abela.
EraseJournalEntry(102192) // It is good to know that not everyone in this city has fallen in love with the hardliner, Sarevok. Frightened by the prospect of the looming war, a noblewoman by the name of Addy has begged me to re-investigate the Iron Throne tower in the hopes that I might find something there to stem this maddened tide.
EraseJournalEntry(102193) // Baldur's Gate is nearly a jail in these times. The entire city is on edge, and every member of the Flaming Fist is out for blood. Scar, their second in command, was killed recently and Duke Entar Silvershield was assassinated. Angelo Dosan is now effectively in control of the Flaming Fist, though no one seems to trust him. He's got powerful friends though, and I hear that he takes orders straight from Sarevok. Duke Eltan, the real head of the Flaming Fist, is barely clinging to life. No one seems to be able to help him, even though he is attended around the clock by a healer named Rashad. With Entar dead and Eltan ill, the other Dukes have called an emergency election. Sarevok is the frontrunner, and his stand against Amn is very popular. Confronting him directly will have to wait until I have concrete proof to present. No one would take my word over his. Perhaps I might have more luck investigating Angelo at the Flaming Fist headquarters.
EraseJournalEntry(102194) // I was offered a job by Alatos Thuibuld of the Thieves' Guild. The windbag dared to threaten me, and I told him where to stick his offer. I've made a few new enemies, but I care not.
EraseJournalEntry(102195) // Alatos Thuibuld, leader of the Thieves' Guild, offered me a job. I was attacked when I refused the deal. If that is how they treat their employees, I'm glad I turned them down.
EraseJournalEntry(102196) // I have been hired by Alatos Thuibuld to do a bit of burglary. I am to sneak into Oberon's estate and steal several magical components from the three daughters of Shandalar. These components are the ingredients for creating a Halruaan flying ship, and the Halruaans want their secret preserved and the items stolen. Alatos suggested that I either 'persuade' the daughters to release the items, or spirit them out from under their noses. The items are as follows: a spellbook that outlines the rituals needed, a statuette of indeterminate origin, and a fragment of a powerful artifact. I am to return to the Thieves' Guild when the items are in my possession.
EraseJournalEntry(102197) // I have met a child named Albert, who wished me to find his dog. I have no time for such paltry pursuits.
EraseJournalEntry(102198) // I met a child named Albert outside of Nashkel. He requested that I find his little Rufie dog for him. He had such an innocent demeanor, how could I refuse? He gave me a chew-toy to entice the little fellah with.
EraseJournalEntry(102199) // I um...rescued "little" Rufie and returned him to the...child...named Albert. I do not wish to know where they went. With luck I will never find out.
EraseJournalEntry(102200) // I killed the missing "dog" named Rufie, and have made an enemy of its owner. I really do not wish to know where "little" Albert was from, and I hope to never meet him again. I hope...
EraseJournalEntry(102201) // I have agreed to help Aldeth Sashenstar, a noble from Baldur's Gate, to fight off a band of savages.
EraseJournalEntry(102202) // I have agreed to investigate the strange goings on within the Merchant Consortium's estate. I do this at the behest of Aldeth Sashenstar.
EraseJournalEntry(102203) // Aldeth Sashenstar betrayed us to the Flaming Fist!
EraseJournalEntry(102204) // The Iron Throne is to the east of the druid grove.
EraseJournalEntry(102205) // Brage, the Captain of the guard in Nashkel, apparently changed greatly since acquiring his new sword.
EraseJournalEntry(102206) // There is a large reward for the head of Brage! His former comrades seem unwilling to try and collect however.
EraseJournalEntry(102207) // A large force of men from Nashkel went to reclaim Brage. None have returned in a week since.
EraseJournalEntry(102208) // Brage was popular and well liked. His recent behavior is obviously puzzling.
EraseJournalEntry(102209) // Some believe Brage to be under an evil enchantment. It's certainly possible.
EraseJournalEntry(102210) // There is a festival east of Nashkel. Many people are gathering there.
EraseJournalEntry(102211) // The soldiers are rapidly wearing out their old weapons, and cannot re-equip because of the scarcity and price of iron forged tools and weapons.
EraseJournalEntry(102212) // The problem in the Nashkel mine goes unchecked, as guards are needed to combat a rash of banditry in the north.
EraseJournalEntry(102213) // Rewards and Bounties are collectable with Oublek, just outside of the garrison in Nashkel.
EraseJournalEntry(102214) // Even if Captain Brage were to be captured alive, he would most assuredly be put to death for his crimes.
EraseJournalEntry(102215) // The guards at the mine entrance told me that I have to see a man named Emerson before they let me into the mines.
EraseJournalEntry(102216) // When I charmed the guard, he told me that 'dog people' were attacking miners in the lower levels.
EraseJournalEntry(102217) // For some reason Duke Eltan is no longer the commander of the Flaming Fist. A man named Angelo now claims that position.
EraseJournalEntry(102218) // Angelo has sentenced us to die by hanging.
EraseJournalEntry(102219) // It would seem that Shar-Teel is the daughter of commander Angelo Dosan. He has released us because of this, though I fear that this will be the only time he does us a favor. We will have to be careful not to be caught again.
EraseJournalEntry(102220) // I encountered an old sage who goes by the entirely justified name of Mad Arcand... Even through the froth of his insanity, some interesting clues have surfaced, however. He claims there is a ship along the shoreline containing something of value. He has asked, in his way, that I return this mysterious item to him, making sure not to use it in the interim... For all his apparent madness, however, I cannot help but be suspicious of this strange man.
EraseJournalEntry(102221) // Oh Mad, Mad Arcand with your crumbling mind, your dizzying ditties are more cryptic than kind. But thanks for this bottle, whate'er it might be. Oh I'm tempted, so tempted to look in and see... but you've warned me against it and to your words I'll stay true, at least so long as I'm wanting to.
EraseJournalEntry(102222) // It would seem that the Chill were hired by Tazok at the request of the Iron Throne! The rumors of a Zhentish threat would seem to be unfounded in the light of this information.
EraseJournalEntry(102223) // I cannot write long as I am faced with a pressing emergency: Worgs have surrounded an abandoned lighthouse to the west and poor Ardrouine's son is trapped within. ...May Tymora bless the peasants of this land for their lives are never easy.
EraseJournalEntry(102224) // I feel ashamed to take it but Ardrouine has thrust her last 60 gold pieces into my hands. At least her son is safe, though nightmares will surely keep him from that old abandoned lighthouse for years to come. Alas but there flees a child's innocence, shamed and broken by the Dark.
EraseJournalEntry(102225) // It appears that my reputation has preceded me in Baldur's Gate. A necromancer named Arkion is in need of corpses and has singled me out for the task. According to him, the sewers are the best place for this kind of task... I get the feeling that he and I are going to get along just fine...I can find him again in a house just south of the Elfsong tavern.
EraseJournalEntry(102226) // Someone named Tazok seems to be the commander of the bandits.
EraseJournalEntry(102226) // Someone named Tazok seems to be the commander of the bandits.
EraseJournalEntry(102227) // The low level grunts of the Black Talon mercenaries believe that they've been hired by the Zhentarim to stir up trouble along the Coast Way.
EraseJournalEntry(102228) // The raider I captured was a simple man, but he did know where the main bandit base was located. It's now marked on my map.
EraseJournalEntry(102229) // It would seem that the bandit group called 'the Chill' do not get along with the bandit group called 'the Black Talons.'
EraseJournalEntry(102230) // The hobgoblin called Ardenor Crush is rumored to be surrounded by strange magic.
EraseJournalEntry(102231) // Though Tazok does lead the bandits, I have heard rumors that he does have at least one superior.
EraseJournalEntry(102232) // I have heard rumors that Tazok gets his orders from the Zhentarim. Of this I'm not so sure....
EraseJournalEntry(102227) // The low level grunts of the Black Talon mercenaries believe that they've been hired by the Zhentarim to stir up trouble along the Coast Way.
EraseJournalEntry(102233) // I have bloodlessly relieved a caravan of its wares, and am sure to be in good standing for it.
EraseJournalEntry(102234) // Apparently the iron coming out of the Nashkel mine is "rotten," and there are "demons" in the lower levels. As well, a member of the guard named Brage went on a murderous rampage and is still loose. Nashkel is a troubled city indeed.
EraseJournalEntry(102210) // There is a festival east of Nashkel. Many people are gathering there.
EraseJournalEntry(102235) // The iron shortage and sabotage is affecting all levels of commerce. Prices are higher, availability is lower. People are tense.
EraseJournalEntry(102236) // The bartender spoke of Ogres and madmen to the west of Nashkel.
EraseJournalEntry(102237) // The evil priest Bassilus seems to be insane. He believes that the undead that he controls are the living members of his family. He also believes that I am his parent.
EraseJournalEntry(102238) // When I charmed Bassilus I learned that he is from Zhentil Keep. It would seem that his family was slaughtered when the city was destroyed. This event caused him to lose his mind.
EraseJournalEntry(102239) // One of Bayard's comrades was the lad named Dalton that I have come to rescue. Bayard thinks the boy is in over his head, but it is his head to do with what he pleases.
EraseJournalEntry(102240) // Bellamy, a decidedly mysterious halfling bard, has warned me to steer clear of a paladin lurking behind one of the dockside taverns here in Baldur's Gate. His name is Phandalyn and, from the sound of it, my reputation has preceded me.
EraseJournalEntry(102241) // Sarevok has been elected the new Grand Duke of Baldur's Gate. This does not bode well for anyone.
EraseJournalEntry(102242) // Belt has divined that Sarevok teleported to the Theives' Guild. He has suggested that we track him down and kill him. I would have to agree that this is probably our only course of action.
EraseJournalEntry(102243) // Bendalis, an old friend of mine, says that there are strange things happening in Candlekeep. He specifically mentioned "un-merchant-like merchants," and a visiting sage named Koveras that arrived separately but seems keenly interested in the others.
EraseJournalEntry(102244) // Bendalis says that there is something odd about the recently arrived Koveras, and that Shistal has been acting strangely as of late.
EraseJournalEntry(102245) // Bentley, the owner of the Friendly Arm inn, told us that the iron trade has slowed greatly over the past few weeks.
EraseJournalEntry(102246) // Bentley told us that there has been some sort of trouble in the south. Perhaps we should go to Nashkel?
EraseJournalEntry(102247) // The Mayor of Nashkel, Berrun Ghastkill, has asked for my help. I am to go to the mines southeast of Nashkel, and find out why the miners have been going missing. Something has also been tainting the ore, causing items made from it to be easily broken. Finding out what is down there is the first step in slowing the effects of the iron shortage.
EraseJournalEntry(102248) // I visited Bheren of Baldur's Gate in his house today. He appears upset with a cat that is loitering about and he mentioned someone named Petrine.
EraseJournalEntry(102249) // I visited Bheren of Baldur's Gate in his house today. He has offered me the proverbial cloak off his back in exchange for the death of a rather bothersome cat...
EraseJournalEntry(102250) // Bjornin, a paladin currently healing from his wounds in Beregost's Jovial Juggler Inn, has asked me to uproot a band of half-ogres. According to his report, they have been fortifying themselves in the mountains south-southwest of town.
EraseJournalEntry(102251) // The half-ogres may have battered his body but Bjornin's heart remains the purest gold. In his gratitude, he has granted us a fine and well-weighted shield. Something tells me that there might even be some magic about it.
EraseJournalEntry(102252) // The man who killed Scar left a black mask with a stiletto stuck through it.
EraseJournalEntry(102253) // Whoever killed Scar was a shapeshifter.
EraseJournalEntry(102254) // Whoever killed Scar entered the building two houses to the right of the Blushing Mermaid.
EraseJournalEntry(102255) // A dragon in the mines? It cannot be. These miners are a panicky lot.
EraseJournalEntry(102256) // The mine is barely shipping any ore at all, what with the shortage of people.
EraseJournalEntry(102255) // A dragon in the mines? It cannot be. These miners are a panicky lot.
EraseJournalEntry(102257) // I have had to kill the berserking Brage, and I need but return his body to Nashkel for my reward. To the garrison or to the temple, I must decide which.
EraseJournalEntry(102258) // I have captured the supposedly murderous Brage. Now I need but return him to the garrison or the temple in Nashkel. If he is delivered to the garrison he will surely be killed, but I know not what the temple intends.
EraseJournalEntry(102259) // We've accepted a quest from a woman named Brielbara. She wants us to find a man named Yago. Yago has cursed Briel's daughter to die, and we are to get the reverse of the spell from him. We can find him at the Low Lantern. We are to meet Brielbara at the Splurging Sturgeon when we are done.
EraseJournalEntry(102260) // Brielbara will be waiting at the Splurging Sturgeon inn. She wants us to bring her Yago's spellbook.
EraseJournalEntry(102261) // When we charmed Brielbara we learned that her daughter had been cursed to die. She had also heard many rumors about the Iron Throne, but nothing specific.
EraseJournalEntry(102262) // When we charmed Bruno we learned a lot of information about the Iron Throne. They want to become the pre-eminent trading cartel along the Sword Coast. To do this, they have been using a misinformation campaign to raise tensions between the nations of Baldur's Gate and Amn. They have disrupted the flow of iron into Baldur's Gate by sabotaging the Nashkel mines, and using the Chill and Black Talons to cut off all trade along the Sword Coast. The only iron source in the Sword Coast will be the Iron Throne base in Cloakwood. With Baldur's Gate anticipating a war with Amn, they will be forced to go to the Iron Throne for the most precious of war time materials. When this occurs, the Iron Throne will be able to make any demands that they wish.
EraseJournalEntry(102263) // I met an odd fellow by the name of Cadderly today. He said I looked familiar, but I am sure I have never met him. I think I'm sure of it, at least.
EraseJournalEntry(102264) // I met another visitor to Candlekeep today, one that apparently knew Gorion. Cadderly was his name, though I did not have much time to speak with him.
EraseJournalEntry(102265) // I met an old friend of Gorion's today. Cadderly was his name, and he recognized me from his previous visits to Candlekeep. He does not appear to be much older than I am, but he seems possessed of an understanding that defies his years. I wish I had the time to speak with him further.
EraseJournalEntry(102266) // Mendas came to Ulgoth's Beard last season. He claims to be from Waterdeep, but Calahan knows other people there and they lack the same accent. He must be from somewhere else, at least originally.
EraseJournalEntry(102267) // I have encountered a demihuman group of bandits! Iron and gold were what they wished.
EraseJournalEntry(102268) // When we charmed the huge bloated creature that called herself Centeol, we were told an interesting story. It seems she was cursed to her current shape by a powerful mage called Jon Irenicus. We don't know what any of this has to do with the adventure we're on right now, but you never can know. Perhaps it will become in useful in a sequel.
EraseJournalEntry(102269) // The Chanter tells me that the men from the Iron Throne are on the third floor of the Central Keep, meeting with two others from the Knights of the Shield. About what, I cannot fathom but I suspect my path lies in their direction nonetheless. The Chanter also mentioned another stranger, a man named Koveras, studying the prophecies of Alaundo where they are kept on the second floor. Who's to say whether or not he is connected to this mystery? All the same, it is no doubt wise to be aware of his presence here.
EraseJournalEntry(102270) // I always knew that this home of mine held deep secrets and now, by the Chanter's grace, one of these has been revealed to me. He tells me that the very rock below this Keep is perforated by crypts wherein lie what remains of Alaundo the Seer and who knows what else. How to enter these crypts, I do not know and how to survive their traps, I know even less. The Chanter has begged me not to enter them, on my step-father's honor... I can only obey -- unless fate dictates otherwise.
EraseJournalEntry(102271) // Something is killing men in the mines. The Amnish guards are unable to stop it.
EraseJournalEntry(102272) // A girl named Chloe told us that someone named officer Vai is waiting to speak with us in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost.
EraseJournalEntry(102273) // I met some waif cowering in the depths of Durlag's Tower. She was a member of another party of adventurers, but they were apparently wiped out by whatever is down here. I have heard "Demonknight" bandied about, but if such a creature exists I am sure I will dispatch it without too much difficulty.
EraseJournalEntry(102274) // I met a woman in the lower portion of Durlag's Tower. She was apparently part of another group of adventurers that were all wiped out. She says it was a Demonknight that killed them; a hellishly powerful form of undead. She also said it employed a strange magic to defeat her friends: something involving a "Mirror of Opposition," or a related type of device. It created duplicates of the party and they were forced to kill themselves. Appropriate I suppose, what with the way Durlag's Tower originally fell. She suggested that I try to turn the mirror on the Demonknight itself, though this would assuredly expose the rest of the room as well. The creature may be too powerful to assault directly, so I will give this much thought.
EraseJournalEntry(102275) // Clair seemed rather amazed that I defeated the demonknight. Perhaps so was I. A pity her friends could not be saved. A harsh lesson about knowing your boundaries.
EraseJournalEntry(102276) // Clair seemed rather amazed that I defeated the demonknight, and perhaps so was I. She was also happy that at least one of her friends made it out alive. A small thing in the face of so much death, but we take our victories where we can.
EraseJournalEntry(102277) // I met a woman in the lower portion of Durlag's Tower. She was apparently part of another group of adventurers that were all wiped out. She says it was a Demonknight that killed them; a hellishly powerful form of undead. She also said it employed a strange magic to defeat her friends: something involving a "Mirror of Opposition," or a related type of device. It created duplicates of the party and they were forced to kill themselves. Appropriate I suppose, what with the way Durlag's Tower originally fell. She suggested that I try to turn the mirror on the Demonknight itself, though this would assuredly expose the rest of the room as well. I think I will fare better with a direct assault. She seemed to think otherwise.
EraseJournalEntry(102278) // We have decided to join up with an elf named Coran in hunting down a wyvern. There has been a substantial reward offered for the head of the beast. We can collect the award just east of Beregost at the temple of Lathander. That is where the mayor of Beregost is to be found, as he is also the head of the temple.
EraseJournalEntry(102279) // I met a friendly fisherman by the name of Cordyr in Baldur's Gate. Apparently two sirines have moved into his fishing grounds down south where the Cloud Peaks tumble into the sea.
EraseJournalEntry(102280) // I have rescued the ranger Corianna from where she stood, petrified by a basilisk's gaze. Although Corianna has no desire to meet the creature a second time, she has been kind enough to inform me that it was heading east...
EraseJournalEntry(102281) // I have rescued the ranger Corianna from where she stood, petrified by a basilisk's gaze. Although she has no desire to meet the creature a second time, Corianna has been kind enough to give me a potion of mirrored eyes and inform me that it was heading east...
EraseJournalEntry(102282) // Something is killing the miners in the Nashkel mines.
EraseJournalEntry(102283) // The miners talk of evil creatures in the lower levels.
EraseJournalEntry(102284) // I was attacked after returning from Durlag's Tower. They wished a dagger I had found, and when I would not turn it over, they attacked and stole it. I shall have to look into this.
EraseJournalEntry(102285) // Odd...someone I had never met approached me after I returned from the tower. They demanded the dagger I took from Durlag's death chamber. I gave him the item as requested though he seemed none too grateful. What he wanted with such a trinket, I do not know.
EraseJournalEntry(102286) // When Cythandria surrendered she told us to find Sarevok at the Undercellars. The Undercellars can be reached through the sewers.
EraseJournalEntry(102287) // I met the brother of the man I killed in Cloakwood, Aldeth I think his name was. Hmmm, guess family ties run deep.
EraseJournalEntry(102288) // Dabron Sashenstar, the brother of a man we killed, tried to kill us.
EraseJournalEntry(102289) // When we charmed Dabron Sashenstar we learned that he suspects the organization known as the Iron Throne of foul play here in Baldur's Gate.
EraseJournalEntry(102290) // I have rescued a young man from the very clutches of this place. He will live, but not without some lasting effects, I am sure. He had to kill his own double, and came very close to death himself. He is young...he will survive.
EraseJournalEntry(102291) // I have found and rescued her son as Therella wished. His fellows are dead, but he will live.
EraseJournalEntry(102292) // I have fought with Daveorn in the heart of the Cloakwood mines. He proved unhelpful himself, so I will have to examine his belongings to understand his true goals..
EraseJournalEntry(102293) // When we charmed Davaeorn, we learned a lot about the mines of Cloakwood. He told us how to destroy the mines! A magical plug exists on the first level of the mine. If the plug were released, using a key owned by Davaeorn, we could flood the entire mine! He told us that his key is in a chest in his bedroom.
EraseJournalEntry(102294) // We have agreed to follow a man named Deagan to see his master in the Three Old Kegs inn.
EraseJournalEntry(102295) // When we charmed Deagan we learned that there have been many troubles at the Merchant Consortium estate.
EraseJournalEntry(102296) // Some hellish creature has apparently taken control of Durlag's Tower! It was a skeletal figure in armor, and it cast fireballs as though they were second nature. It was very powerful, whatever it was.
EraseJournalEntry(102297) // We're to do a service for a wizard named Degrodel. He wants us to find the Helm of Balduran. It can be found on the petrified bodies of a group of adventurers. The bodies are currently in the possession of an art dealer who lives in an estate just west of the fair grounds. We can find Degrodel in an estate in the northwest part of the town.
EraseJournalEntry(102298) // I've been told I should talk to someone named Kaishas, and she will make sure I am not thought a threat by the villagers.
EraseJournalEntry(102299) // I met some wench named Delainy. She seemed to have some errand she wanted me to run, but I do not have the time.
EraseJournalEntry(102300) // I have met the village historian, a woman by the name of Delainy. She seemed rather nice, actually. I have agreed to help her with a small problem she was having. It seems that an important symbol for her village, a cloak, blew away from the chieftain's hut in the recent storm. It is probably outside the walls, so I shall have to watch out for the 'beasts' that the locals keep mentioning. I shall have to ask Delainy to tell me more about her people when I get back. I'm sure she won't mind.
EraseJournalEntry(102301) // I have met the village historian, a woman by the name of Delainy. I found her company tedious, but I have agreed to help her with a small problem she was having. It seems that an important symbol for her village, a cloak, blew away from the chieftain's hut in the recent storm. It is probably outside the walls, so I shall have to watch out for the 'beasts' that the locals keep mentioning. Hopefully this will not take too much time.
EraseJournalEntry(102302) // I returned the village cloak to that Delainy person. She was grateful enough, though I think she doesn't like me all that much.
EraseJournalEntry(102303) // The villagers came to this place long ago, after being marooned. They were from the far west, and someone called 'the explorers' brought them. There was a great storm that their elders said 'could have come from within,' or somesuch. Their people were to be cast out -they were probably thought of as ballast- and they fought. They survived and made a home here.
EraseJournalEntry(102304) // Balduran was one of the explorers that brought them to this place. He apparently tried to scuttle the ship they were on, rather than let them go. They do not know what happened to him after that, and they don't care.
EraseJournalEntry(102305) // Apparently no villager left alive knows exactly what happened on the ship that brought them here. They were bound, and now they are free.
EraseJournalEntry(102306) // They haven't indicated exactly what they mean when they say 'they belong.' Outsiders do not belong, and they do. Probably some sort of ritual to become a citizen.
EraseJournalEntry(102307) // I seem to have made Delainy mad at me, though I think she is just touchy and unused to my kind of person. She said I was more animal than civilized, and that their pack was strong without me. As if I would want to stay here with them anyway. Delainly had a nice manner though. Ahh well, plenty of fish in the sea.
EraseJournalEntry(102308) // I think I have disappointed Delainy somehow. Foolish girl, perhaps she thought I was interested in her. She seemed nice enough, but I will not stay here longer than I have to.
EraseJournalEntry(102309) // I rather enjoyed talking to Delainy. She seemed...to like me. I call her friend with no hesitation.
EraseJournalEntry(102310) // I have agreed to fetch some flowers for Delainy. 'Tis hardly what I would call work. I might have brought them to her anyway. I think I am growing rather fond of the woman. She's not put off by me being an 'outsider.' The flowers she wishes grow outside the wall, so I will search there for them.
EraseJournalEntry(102311) // I delivered flowers to Delainy with a smile, and she rewarded me with a kiss. Despite her affections, Delainy was quite rattled that I asked her to accompany me elsewhere. Not so much because I asked, but because she considered it. Different worlds, as the cliched poets say. She will remain my friend among strangers.
EraseJournalEntry(102312) // I played that naive Delainy like a cheap viola. To think that she had intentions other than business. Now she knows how we do things on the mainland.
EraseJournalEntry(102313) // I thought that Delainy was interested in more than friendship, but she seems a little shy. Maybe I should take her away from here and show her the sights on the mainland. She is rather nice...
EraseJournalEntry(102314) // I knew that Delainy woman was trouble! She turned on me just like everyone else!
EraseJournalEntry(102315) // It seems Delainy felt strongly for me after all. She is willing to help me escape her people, and has offered to show me a secret rout to safety. I knew she would prove special. A pity we did not meet elsewhere...
EraseJournalEntry(102316) // Delainy led me to a secret path from the chieftain's hut. There is a ship that the werewolves have built, but they needed the seacharts to safely escape. The secret door is in the north of the hut. It was always there, but was magically sealed. Kaishas has gone through, so now it is accessible. Delainy has stayed behind to fight for me. She has proven a friend and ally...I wish...
EraseJournalEntry(102317) // I met an annoying gnome named Delsvirftanyon. Seems he wants out of the curio business, and wanted to sell the lot of his junk to me. I have no room for extra trappings.
EraseJournalEntry(102318) // A gnome named Delsvirftanyon offered me the contents of his entire store. Seems he wants out of the business. I refused. His asking price was too expensive.
EraseJournalEntry(102319) // I have bought Delsvirftanyon's entire stock, if only to get him to shut up. Hopefully there will be a few useful items in the jumble.
EraseJournalEntry(102320) // Some annoying gnome offered me the entire stock of his store, but I have no need of such encumbrances.
EraseJournalEntry(102321) // I met a loud little gnome, but was dismissed without notice. I don't think he liked me.
EraseJournalEntry(102322) // The Duke has told us to go to Candlekeep. He thinks that we can gather important information from the Iron Throne leaders. He has given us a valuable book; we must give this book to the Keeper of the Portal at Candlekeep, otherwise we'll never be allowed to enter.
EraseJournalEntry(102323) // We killed Rashad, who turned out to be a doppleganger. He had been poisoning Grand Duke Eltan for days.
EraseJournalEntry(102324) // We must travel to the Undercellars and find Slythe and Krystin, two of Sarevok's assassins. Eltan thinks that Sarevok may want to murder the Grand Dukes Belt and Liia. We must make sure that this doesn't happen. We're also to take Eltan to the Harbormaster's building which is located on the east side of the harbor.
EraseJournalEntry(102325) // We met a man named Delthyr. He says that he represents the Harpers.
EraseJournalEntry(102326) // The Harper called Delthyr told us about what has been happening in Baldur's Gate. He told us that Duke Eltan is deathly ill, and that his second in command, Scar, has been assassinated. We are wanted by the Flaming Fist for the murder of the Iron Throne leader, and Sarevok, the new Iron Throne leader, has put a price on our heads. He also told us that tensions are very high between Baldur's Gate and Amn. Some people are predicting a war between the two.
EraseJournalEntry(102327) // Delthyr has suggested that we break into the Iron Throne's citadel to discover what they have been up to.
EraseJournalEntry(102328) // Delthyr has suggested that we investigate Rashad, Duke Eltan's healer. Rashad leaves the Flaming Fist barracks every night, so we could follow him then.
EraseJournalEntry(102329) // When we charmed Delthyr, he told us that the Harpers think that I am the offspring of the dead god Bhaal! This information is most unsettling.
EraseJournalEntry(102330) // It seems the Iron Throne is negotiating a treaty with the city's Grand Dukes. Is this simple treaty the key to ending all the unrest of the past season or is it just another link in the long chain of motivations? Will money satisfy the Throne's greed or is there something more behind it all? I have so many questions and, while I feel so close to finding answers, I somehow doubt that they will be quite as fulfilling as I hope...
EraseJournalEntry(102331) // I have acquired a bottle of questionable swill for Captain Kieres, but it cost me 900 gold to settle his tab. He had better be cooperative when I get back to him.
EraseJournalEntry(102332) // I have found where to acquire a bottle of swill for Captain Kieres, but I will have to pay his outstanding tab in order to get it. 900 gold is a bit steep for the privilege.
EraseJournalEntry(102333) // Sarevok is apparently almost as damaging to the Iron Throne as I am. He is using their resources to fund his rise to power in Baldur's Gate. He has also installed one of his lackeys as the new commander of the Flaming Fist, replacing Scar, who died suddenly. His goal is likely to become a Grand Duke, though what he hopes to achieve once he has, no one knows. Most of the citizenry believe him to be a saint, and it would take solid proof to convince them otherwise.
EraseJournalEntry(102334) // I met Diarmid outside of the Candlekeep crypts and he mistook my group for that of a cohort of his named Prat. He spilled the beans and revealed that it was Sarevok's plan to have me accused of the murders of the Iron Throne leaders, whether I could be goaded into the act or not. Dopplegangers were to impersonate me and ensure I would be blamed. With my party wanted by the law and Brunos and the others dead, Sarevok thinks he stands unopposed. He has returned to Baldur's Gate and plans to take control of the city somehow, likely using his leverage as the new head of the Iron Throne, so I should probably check their base out again. His end goal seems to be war with Amn, but his reasons are still not clear to me.
EraseJournalEntry(102335) // While at the Undercellar, we were warned to avoid Slythe and Krystin. Seems as if those two have put a scare into the denizens of this underground brothel.
EraseJournalEntry(102336) // Other adventurers have apparently tried to clear out the mines, with little success.
EraseJournalEntry(102282) // Something is killing the miners in the Nashkel mines.
EraseJournalEntry(102337) // I am to return a dagger to Kylee, a miner in the lower levels of the Nashkel mine.
EraseJournalEntry(102338) // The seer told us that the leader of the Iron Throne was Sarevok Costak.
EraseJournalEntry(102339) // The seer told us that Jalantha Mistmyr was the only one who could cancel the geas that afflicts Lothander. Jalantha Mistmyr can be found at the Water Queen's house (the temple of Umberlee).
EraseJournalEntry(102340) // According to the seer, Entar Silvershield is the richest man in Baldur's Gate.
EraseJournalEntry(102341) // The seer tells us that the man who heals Eltan is the source of the problem.
EraseJournalEntry(102342) // The seer tells us that Sarevok Costak was the man who framed us for the murders at Candlekeep.
EraseJournalEntry(102343) // From what I've heard, the Seven Suns estate is obviously inhabited by monsters that can assume human form.
EraseJournalEntry(102344) // The leader of the Seven Suns is imprisoned in the basement level of the Seven Suns.
EraseJournalEntry(102345) // The merchants of the Seven Suns seem to be frightened about something. Obviously something is not quite right.
EraseJournalEntry(102346) // We have met an elven mage who seems to be a bit insane. He claims to be Balduran's friend and navigator on the hero's final voyage. He also claims that this island is infected by lycanthropes. Dradeel asked us to retrieve his spell book from the wreck of Balduran's ship. The book is said to lie in a chest near Balduran's cabin.
EraseJournalEntry(102347) // We have met an elven mage who seems to be a bit insane. He claims to be Balduran's friend and navigator on the hero's final voyage. He also claims that this island is infected by lycanthropes.
EraseJournalEntry(102348) // The mad elf, Dradeel, says that Balduran's crew stopped here to replenish their supplies as they returned from a disastrous voyage to Anchorome. Some of the crew members had been cursed with lycanthropy and attacked the others. Dradeel managed to escape and has been holed up in an ancient hut ever since.
EraseJournalEntry(102349) // Upon returning his spellbook to him, the mad elven mage, Dradeel, promptly left without so much as a thank you. Ungrateful swine! I do wonder where he's gone on this accursed island.
EraseJournalEntry(102350) // Something is rotten in the Iron Throne tower, something that is cancerous and malignant and... and growing. Dra'tan, one of the tower guards, has informed me of something most dire. It seems that the Throne has been inviting their competitors in the Seven Suns and the Merchants' Consortium to the tower's fifth floor and then doing something horrible to them. Are they being turned into zombies of a sort, are they being poisoned with a powerful drug, are they being replaced somehow? I don't know. Regardless, the implications are staggering and, to be honest, terrifying... I must steel myself and continue my ascent, however, for I know not what else to do...
EraseJournalEntry(102351) // Nessa the Cow is feeling a bit under the weather today. Dreppin's asked me to get a potion of antidote from Hull, who's been posted to the gate this morning. It appears that Hull has been using them to avoid his morning hangovers...
EraseJournalEntry(102352) // Well, I found that potion for Dreppin's cow. I just hope it's what he thinks it is and not a potion of firebreath or something...
EraseJournalEntry(102353) // Through her tears, the dear child Drienne has asked me to rescue her cat from the waterfall. Although I haven't the heart to tell her so, I fear the worst.
EraseJournalEntry(102354) // Okay, this is getting ridiculous! Little Drienne claims that I have killed her cat, Pixie! What am I supposed to do, bring her a gibberling, instead?!?
EraseJournalEntry(102355) // From the sound of it, this isn't the first time Drienne's cat has died... Nine lives, my arse. Give me my own personal necromancer and I'll do the same! She has given me one of her father's scrolls, however. Whatever it is, it should prove interesting.
EraseJournalEntry(102356) // Nothing like giving a little girl a dead cat and then taking the last of her allowance in exchange... 23 gp... I am such a creep...
EraseJournalEntry(102357) // While exploring the coast I met a strange looking elf by the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. He asked for my help in killing some gnolls, but it was not worth my effort. He seemed capable enough anyway, and I have no time to be making friends.
EraseJournalEntry(102358) // Today I met Drizzt Do'Urden, and helped him rout some gnolls that were causing him trouble. He was grateful enough, and offered some advice regarding the bandits in the area. He said the hobgoblin bandits resembled the Chill, and that the human bandits fought like the Black Talons, both of which are mercenary groups. He suggested I insinuate their ranks instead of fighting them directly, and I shall look into this if the opportunity arises.
EraseJournalEntry(102359) // That is sage advice which I will heed. Know that I think well of you on your journey.
EraseJournalEntry(102360) // Today I met Drizzt Do'Urden, and helped him rout some gnolls that were causing him trouble. He was grateful enough, though he declined my request that he join with me. It's just as well; I do not think I would last long against the villains that would likely follow soon. He did offer some advice, though. Despite his skill with blades he said that I should try to pit my wits against my enemies instead of fighting them directly. I shall keep that in mind.
EraseJournalEntry(102361) // Drizzt was quite the pleasant fellow, though I should probably think otherwise if I were ever on the wrong side of his blades.
EraseJournalEntry(102362) // That Drizzt seemed friendly enough, but I really didn't need the lecture. He sure talks a lot for someone who could kill anyone he wanted. Why does he bother?
EraseJournalEntry(102363) // That Drizzt didn't seem so tough. I threatened him a little and he backed down...though he seemed quite calm about it. Probably scared...yeah, that's it...scared.
EraseJournalEntry(102364) // The druids have told us that the Iron Throne has a base in the north east of Cloakwood.
EraseJournalEntry(102364) // The druids have told us that the Iron Throne has a base in the north east of Cloakwood.
EraseJournalEntry(102365) // While traveling the Cloudpeaks I met a Dryad. She asked that I help protect her tree. How could I refuse such a request?
EraseJournalEntry(102366) // I have angered a Dryad near the Cloudpeaks, and have been warned out of "her" wood. It's of little concern. She also directed me to look into a wolf cave just to the south, where a treasure cache is hidden.
EraseJournalEntry(102367) // I have curried the favor of a Dryad in the Cloudpeak mountains. Pleasing such nature spirits will bring me no end of luck.
EraseJournalEntry(102368) // I met Dun the ex-merchant in the city streets, today. He has the most interesting suspicions about the Seven Suns and the Merchants' Consortium, two mercantile groups here in Baldur's Gate. He is apparently quite in their debt financially but, for some unknown reason, they have stopped pressuring him for repayment. Indeed, they seem almost frightened whenever he approaches them and tries to catch their eye... As of yet, I cannot fathom the relevance of this to my investigation. Still, this whole affair has been motivated by greed, business, and money from the start. If merchant groups in the largest city in the region are acting suspicious, I had best take note...
EraseJournalEntry(102369) // I have encountered a phantom...perhaps of Durlag himself. It said that the true spirit of Durlag passed long ago, but his hatred and fear that built the tower still maintains it. It said I must understand two of the 'paths' that led to this place. After that, 'the way' will become clear. It seems to want something as well. It said there was a new evil here, something not a part of the tower that must be expelled. I don't fancy being this creature's lackey, but I may have no choice...unless I just leave.
EraseJournalEntry(102370) // I must seek direction and understand the three paths in order to 'return' and progress.
EraseJournalEntry(102371) // That phantom of Durlag says I have not yet understood the paths I need to.
EraseJournalEntry(102298) // I've been told I should talk to someone named Kaishas, and she will make sure I am not thought a threat by the villagers.
EraseJournalEntry(102372) // I met some fool named Durlyle. He seemed to have some errand he wanted me to run, but I do not have the time.
EraseJournalEntry(102373) // I have met the village historian, a man by the name of Durlyle. He seemed rather nice, actually. I have agreed to help him with a small problem he was having. It seems that an important symbol for his village, a cloak, blew away from the chieftain's hut in the recent storm. It is probably outside the walls, so I shall have to watch out for the 'beasts' that the locals keep mentioning. I shall have to ask Durlyle to tell me more about his people when I get back. I'm sure he won't mind.
EraseJournalEntry(102374) // I have met the village historian, a man by the name of Durlyle. I found his company tedious, but I have agreed to help him with a small problem he was having. It seems that an important symbol for his village, a cloak, blew away from the chieftain's hut in the recent storm. It is probably outside the walls, so I shall have to watch out for the 'beasts' that the locals keep mentioning. Hopefully this will not take too much time.
EraseJournalEntry(102375) // I returned the village cloak to that Durlyle person. He was grateful enough, though I think He doesn't like me all that much.
EraseJournalEntry(102303) // The villagers came to this place long ago, after being marooned. They were from the far west, and someone called 'the explorers' brought them. There was a great storm that their elders said 'could have come from within,' or somesuch. Their people were to be cast out -they were probably thought of as ballast- and they fought. They survived and made a home here.
EraseJournalEntry(102304) // Balduran was one of the explorers that brought them to this place. He apparently tried to scuttle the ship they were on, rather than let them go. They do not know what happened to him after that, and they don't care.
EraseJournalEntry(102305) // Apparently no villager left alive knows exactly what happened on the ship that brought them here. They were bound, and now they are free.
EraseJournalEntry(102306) // They haven't indicated exactly what they mean when they say 'they belong.' Outsiders do not belong, and they do. Probably some sort of ritual to become a citizen.
EraseJournalEntry(102376) // I seem to have made Durlyle mad at me, though I think he is just touchy and unused to my kind of person. He said I was more animal than civilized, and that their pack was strong without me. As if I would want to stay here with them anyway. Durlyle had a nice manner though. Ahh well, plenty of fish in the sea.
EraseJournalEntry(102377) // I rather enjoyed talking to Durlyle. He seemed...to like me. I call him friend with no hesitation.
EraseJournalEntry(102378) // I think I have disappointed Durlyle somehow. Foolish boy, perhaps he thought I was interested in him. He seemed nice enough, but I will not stay here longer than I have to.
EraseJournalEntry(102379) // I have agreed to fetch some flowers for Durlyle. 'Tis hardly what I would call work. I might have brought them to him anyway. I think I am growing rather fond of the man. He's not put off by me being an 'outsider.' The flowers he wishes grow outside the wall, so I will search there for them.
EraseJournalEntry(102380) // I delivered flowers to Durlyle with a smile, and he rewarded me with a kiss. Despite his affections, Durlyle was quite rattled that I asked him to accompany me elsewhere. Not so much because I asked, but because he considered it. Different worlds, as the cliched poets say. He will remain my friend among strangers.
EraseJournalEntry(102381) // I played that naive Durlyle like a cheap viola. To think that he had intentions other than business. Now he knows how we do things on the mainland.
EraseJournalEntry(102382) // I thought that Durlyle was interested in more than friendship, but he seems a little shy. Maybe I should take him away from here and show him the sights on the mainland. He is rather nice...
EraseJournalEntry(102383) // I knew that Durlyle person was trouble! He turned on me just like everyone else!
EraseJournalEntry(102384) // It seems Durlyle felt strongly for me after all. He is willing to help me escape his people, and has offered to show me a secret rout to safety. I knew he would prove special. A pity we did not meet elsewhere...
EraseJournalEntry(102385) // Durlyle led me to a secret path from the chieftain's hut. There is a ship that the werewolves have built, but they needed the seacharts to safely escape. The secret door is in the north of the hut. It was always there, but was magically sealed. Kaishas has gone through, so now it is accessible. Durlyle has stayed behind to fight for me. He has proven a friend and ally...I wish...
EraseJournalEntry(102386) // It seems that by causing the sword to glow I have completed some sort of task.
EraseJournalEntry(102387) // A gnomish woman named Dushai claims to have knowledge of Balduran's final voyage. She will share it with us for a 'research fee'.
EraseJournalEntry(102388) // The gnome Dushai tells us that Balduran sailed for Anchorome and never returned. No on knows exactly what his final fate was. However, it is odd that he did not return to the city that he founded and loved.
EraseJournalEntry(102389) // I have rescued a mage by the name of Dynaheir, just as Minsc requested. They will both be valuable assets to my group, I am sure.
EraseJournalEntry(102390) // Edie, a young woman studying for the entrance exam to Baldur's Gate's Merchant's League, appears to need whatever help that I can give her. To be honest, however, I'm not sure how much help I could even be in a case like this...
EraseJournalEntry(102391) // The young Edie has asked for my assistance in cheating on Baldur's Gate's Merchant's League's dreaded entrance examination. It would admittedly be less than honorable but perhaps a little bit of intelligence- or wisdom-influencing magic might do the trick...
EraseJournalEntry(102392) // I have met a man named Edwin near Nashkel, and I refused his deal to kill someone named Dynaheir. I shall have to be on the lookout for both of them.
EraseJournalEntry(102393) // I have agreed to kill a witch named Dynaheir for Edwin, for a price yet to be determined. She is somewhere to the west of Nashkel, in a gnoll stronghold.
EraseJournalEntry(102394) // I have met a man named Edwin near Nashkel, who hates Dynaheir for some reason. I shall have to be wary of him.
EraseJournalEntry(102395) // I have severed my alliance with Edwin, as I do not wish his kind of influence within my party.
EraseJournalEntry(102396) // Dynaheir is dead, as Edwin wished her to be. Success of a sort, I suppose.
EraseJournalEntry(102397) // We've agreed to help out Eldoth with an extortion plan. He wants us to kidnap a young girl named Skie who happens to be the daughter of Grand Duke Entar Silvershield. Eldoth has told us that she wants to escape home, and would be a willing partner in the scheme. Once we had her, Eldoth would blackmail Entar for money.
EraseJournalEntry(102398) // I met a strange man on the road to the Friendly Arm Inn. He seemed interested in me, though I don't know why. He was a little...odd.
EraseJournalEntry(102399) // I met that strange man again, though he now identifies himself as Elminster! All who walk the Realms know of this man, though what he should find of interest in me I do not know. He said that the bandits I seek make a habit of travelling in the northeast. Again I must wonder why my concerns are worth his attention.
EraseJournalEntry(102400) // Once again I have run into Elminster, and once again he expressed an interest in my well being that I find puzzling. He seemed to suggest that my most vengeful enemies would be as close as my own heart, though what he meant I do not know. How could anyone know; who knows the mind of Elminster?
EraseJournalEntry(102401) // Once again I have run into Elminster, and once again he expressed an interest in my well being that I find puzzling. He said something about powerful enemies I am making within myself, but I do not think I understand. He speaks in riddles. He DID confirm what I already knew: that the masters behind the bandits likely have a base in the Cloakwood forest.
EraseJournalEntry(102402) // Again Elminster has made an appearance, and again he has presented a riddle I have not the time to puzzle over. Something about my nature and how I must be cautious. Bah, only my enemies need worry about my actions.
EraseJournalEntry(102403) // Again Elminster has made an appearance, though he was a little more forthcoming with information this time. He apparently knew Gorion well, and thought him a good man to care for me. He also spoke of bad blood, and a taint that will consume me if care is not taken. What this means, I am not sure. I will heed his warning, though I have little time to dwell on it. He did give me some names though, of people he feels are trustworthy: Scar of the Flaming Fist and Duke Eltan. I suppose I can believe them if Elminster himself does so recommend.
EraseJournalEntry(102404) // Emerson has allowed me to search the Nashkel mine. He does not know what lies below though.
EraseJournalEntry(102405) // Emerson has given me a day to conduct a search of the Nashkel mine. I doubt he would turn the guards on me though. There are apparently more dangerous things to worry about down there.
EraseJournalEntry(102406) // I charmed the foreman of the Nashkel mine. He claimed there were "dog-like" creatures causing trouble below.
EraseJournalEntry(102407) // A chance encounter with the Grand Duke's chief negotiator, Emissary Tar, has filled in a few gaps in the mystery. The Merchants' Consortium and the Seven Suns have temporary surrendered their mines to the Iron Throne, supposedly in support of the coming war effort. I doubt, however, that the surrender is as temporary as the Throne would have us believe... or as voluntary. I can only hope that Emissary Tar keeps her wits about her and does not fall prey to whatever it is that has befallen the Iron Throne's competitors.
EraseJournalEntry(102408) // Things grow darker here, darker than I thought possible. In Tazok's tent, I came across a prisoner, Ender Sai. If he speaks true, and I suspect the documents he referred to in Tazok's chest will show he does, the bandits are being played as pawns by a power group called, tellingly enough, the Iron Throne. Tazok's orders are coming from some base of theirs within the Cloakwood and I have little doubt that it is there that I must journey next if I wish to peel back the next layer of this mystery. Something still seems very wrong in this. It haunts me, dancing endlessly along the periphery of my thoughts. What it is, however, I know not.
EraseJournalEntry(102409) // Things grow darker here, darker than I thought possible. In Tazok's tent, I came across a prisoner, Ender Sai. If he speaks true, and I suspect the documents he referred to in Tazok's chest will show he does, the bandits are being played as pawns by a power group called, tellingly enough, the Iron Throne. They meddle in the affairs of nations as if they were gods, pushing Amn and Baldur's Gate to the brink of war in order to line their pockets. They apparently maintain a base within the Cloakwood and I have little doubt that it is there that I must journey next if I wish to peel back the next layer of this mystery. Something still seems very wrong in this, however. It haunts me, dancing endlessly in the shadows, never coming into the light. What it is, however, I know not.
EraseJournalEntry(102410) // I have been beset by the weak and petty forces of good. My true father, it seems, followed the dark path as I do. Ha, then, I am strengthened by the knowledge that I am my father's child.
EraseJournalEntry(9739) // Beset by a Harper today. Made short work of him.
EraseJournalEntry(102411) // It appears my dear friends Khalid and Jaheira are with the Harpers. I am honored and more than a little frightened to find that I warrant such attention. One of their compatriots, a kindly old gent named Entillis Fulsom, seems well-acquainted with my ongoing investigations into the Iron Throne. He has recommended to me the assistance of Scar and Duke Eltan, two men associated with the honorable Flaming Fist Mercenaries, here in Baldur's Gate... Harpers, yet... Sigh, why doesn't anyone ever tell me these things?
EraseJournalEntry(102412) // An old gent named Entillis Fulsom seems well-acquainted with my ongoing investigations into the Iron Throne. He has recommended to me the assistance of Scar and Duke Eltan, two men associated with the honorable Flaming Fist Mercenaries, here in Baldur's Gate... It seems that he is acting with Elminster. While I still cannot grasp their interest in me, I cannot doubt the goodness of their intentions.
EraseJournalEntry(102413) // The villagers here all suggest that I talk to their headwoman before wandering about.
EraseJournalEntry(102414) // I met a villager by the name of Evalt, but I don't think I left a very good impression. Bah! He and his fellows are of no concern.
EraseJournalEntry(102415) // Evalt, a fisherman descendant of Balduran's crew, tells us that his brother was kidnapped by a 'blue witch'. He asks that we look for his brother when we are on the north half of the island.
EraseJournalEntry(102416) // The village fisherman, Evalt, has asked us to find his brother, Evan. Evan has followed the song of a 'blue witch' to the west side of the island.
EraseJournalEntry(102417) // I had the unfortunate duty to tell Evalt that his brother had died. I was able to retrieve the body, but nothing more could I do.
EraseJournalEntry(102418) // Fahrington, a strange druid in the Wood of Sharp Teeth, has had his scroll of wisdom stolen by an east-bound tasloi. I felt sorry for the poor man as he does seem to be in desperate need of it.
EraseJournalEntry(102419) // Fahrington, a strange druid in the Wood of Sharp Teeth, has had his scroll of wisdom stolen. He appears to know the area well and suspects that it has fallen into the claws of an ettercap to the east.
EraseJournalEntry(102420) // A girl named Faldorn has told me that that the Iron Throne's base is located to the east.
EraseJournalEntry(102421) // We have agreed to help Faldorn against the people who have been polluting the Cloakwood forest. These people, apparently agents of the Iron Throne, dwell in a fort to the east.
EraseJournalEntry(102422) // When we charmed Faldorn, she told us that she was a member of the Shadow druids, a sect of druids that believes in the destruction of human civilization.
EraseJournalEntry(102423) // Iron goods are becoming extremely expensive.
EraseJournalEntry(102235) // The iron shortage and sabotage is af

#13 -Nathanael-

-Nathanael-

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

Ack. Sorry.

IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
END

IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
HideGUI()
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
StartCutSceneMode()
EraseJournalEntry(102179) // Someone wishes me dead! Gorion is right to think we are no longer safe here, though I have no idea why someone would want to cause us harm. The attempt on my life may have been laughable, but I fear there will be more threats to come.
//More EraseJournalEntry...
EndCutSceneMode()
Continue()
END

IF
Global("BP_NotDarkEnough","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("BP_NotDarkEnough","AR0602",1)
FadeToColor([4.0],0)
Continue()
END

IF
XP(Player1,100)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
AddXPObject(Player1,88900)
AddXPObject(Player2,88900)
AddXPObject(Player3,88900)
AddXPObject(Player4,88900)
AddXPObject(Player5,88900)
AddXPObject(Player6,88900)
Wait(2)
SetGlobal("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("FINISHEDTOTSC","GLOBAL",2)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Wait(2)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

IF
Global("AMBUSHBG15","GLOBAL",5)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0602","",[3585.2917],12))
ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0602","",[3532.2956],12))
ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0602","",[3374.3068],12))
ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0602","",[3824.2447],12))
ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0602","",[3889.2479],12))
EndCutSceneMode()
Wait(2)
SetGlobal("AMBUSHBG15","GLOBAL",0)
StartMovie("INTRO15F")
Continue()
END

IF
Global("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",0)
Global("ImoenPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
FadeToColor([2.0],0)
ReallyForceSpellRES("ImPORT","Imoen2") // No such index
ActionOverride("Imoen2",DestroyAllEquipment())
//SetPlayerSounds
// Same stuff with Jaheria and Minsc
//Stuff dealing with specific items from BG1, I.E. helm, Drizzt swords. etc.

IF
Global("TakeImportItems","AR0602",0)
Global("MinscImport","GLOBAL",1)
Global("JaheiraImport","GLOBAL",1)
Global("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("TakeImportItems","AR0602",1)
SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("Malaaq",MoveBetweenAreas("AR0601",[345.591],14))
ActionOverride("DuegarClanChief",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT01",1))
ActionOverride("Shelf1",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT03",1))
SmallWait(4)
TakePartyGold(2147483647)
ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player2,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player3,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player4,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player5,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player6,DestroyAllEquipment())
CreateCreature("CSJON",[3210.3304],10) // Mage
ActionOverride(Player1,PlayDead(165))
Wait(1)
FadeFromColor([30.0],0)
//StartCutSceneMode()
//StartCutScene("NewGame")
Continue()
END

IF
InParty("Imoen2")
Global("MoveScreen","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("MoveScreen","AR0602",1)
SaveGame(0)
MoveViewPoint([3802.2769],VERY_FAST)
END

//rest of file for exiting area etc.

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

Still having problems... new ones now, so I'm just gonna reinstall. Thanks for all the help though. =D

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

Try install BGT-weiduv176 this time, and BPv176 weidu. Upgrade to the 21st century! We really truly highly massively intensely intuitively recommend this. Especially if you expect good support....

A lot of people who responded to this thread were confused by this--including me, until I saw all the journal entries in AR0602.

If you have questions about the (much) newer mods, use your search function and find the answers--most questions have already been asked (twice). If all else fails, ask away.

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:27 AM

Yep,

just re-install EVERYTHING and use new BGT-Weidu, Bp-Weidu, DSotSC Weidu etc ...

My guide WAS for the "old" monster, you won't find support for that installation anymore :(

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:13 AM

Heh, thanks. I guess I never checked the date on MM75's guide...
Upgrading!

#18 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

Incidentally, I had the same problem with AR0602 in a Mega-Install w/BP177 and all the biggies. In my case, the CTB Chores component loaded, but the initial ROT cutscene didn't. It would then fire whenever I tried to load a savegame, then hang at the Irenicus dungeon in cutscene mode. I traced it back to FR-ROV's script addition to AR0602.BCS. In my case, I deleted that file from the FR-ROV folder, reinstalled the mod, and all went back to normal. That, of course, was before I read seanas' comment about the missing Continue().

Curses.

Anyway, hopefully this'll help someone out.

:cheers:

DtD

Edited by Derkoth the Disgruntled, 06 July 2006 - 07:53 PM.