Photo

How do I remove *A* kit from this monster?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:35 PM

Hi,

I'm going to install the mega mod (BP+BGT+etc+kitchen_sinkv5), and I want to be able to make a char with the Sword Angel kit from Refinements.

Problem: TDD will fill up all of the kit slots.

I know G3 has a kit remover, which removes kits from the char creation screen, but if I use it, I'll end up removing *all* mod kits for a particular class (i.e. all fighter mod kits), which isn't what want, I just want to remove whatever I think I won't ever play and sub in the Sword Angel instead.

So, would anyone be able to point me towards how I can do this please? Should I just suck it up and use the G3 kit remover and remove all mod kits or is there some alternate way? Which step of the install process should I do this at (right after TDD, just before refinements...)?

Thanks!

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

I'm going to install the mega mod (BP+BGT+etc+kitchen_sinkv5), and I want to be able to make a char with the Sword Angel kit from Refinements.

Problem: TDD will fill up all of the kit slots.

I know G3 has a kit remover, which removes kits from the char creation screen, but if I use it, I'll end up removing *all* mod kits for a particular class (i.e. all fighter mod kits), which isn't what want, I just want to remove whatever I think I won't ever play and sub in the Sword Angel instead.

So, would anyone be able to point me towards how I can do this please? Should I just suck it up and use the G3 kit remover and remove all mod kits or is there some alternate way? Which step of the install process should I do this at (right after TDD, just before refinements...)?

Thanks!

The series of files you need to manually edit for this are the K_(x)_(x).2DA series. Add you kit as normal. Say, for argument's sake, it's a fighter kit. Available to all races. So, look it up in KITLIST.2DA It probably has a sybolical equivalent of the name. Look at the number in the first column. This is the kit number to replace with. Also, look up a fighter kit to be replaced. Note the number. Open K_F_[All of them]. Where you see the number of the kit to replace, replace it with your new kit. Save the files.

You can even get fancy with this. Give the new kit to some races, but not to others. The last letter is the race symbol. D for dwarf, E for Elf, G for Gnome, and so on. I've added every worthwhile kit mod out there, on top of TDD w/ kits, following this procedure.

You can only have 10 entries per file (maximum of kits you'll see in game); the first has to be zero (True Class). The rest is negotiable. :D

#3 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

You can only have 10 entries per file (maximum of kits you'll see in game); the first has to be zero (True Class). The rest is negotiable. :D

Thanks Horred.

The kit I swap out this way will still be usable by npcs right? As well, are there some console commands to change class/kit?

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

The kit I swap out this way will still be usable by npcs right? As well, are there some console commands to change class/kit?

Still usuable by NPC's. To assign a new class/kit to a PC, you'll need a player script. Something like:

IF
  !Class(Myself,THIEF)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	ChangeClass(Myself,THIEF)
END

IF
  !Kit(Myself,CHARMING_ROGUE)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	AddKit(CHARMING_ROGUE)
END

Then assign the script to the PC during gameplay. It only takes a few seconds for the script to do the job. ;)

#5 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

Then assign the script to the PC during gameplay. It only takes a few seconds for the script to do the job. ;)

exxxxelent!

Now I can start off a sword angel, then dual to a mage, then use the script to change my kit to wildmage! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

uh, so such a script would be an AI script?

#6 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

uh, so such a script would be an AI script?

uh, yeah. same sort of script that eSeries, etc are---a .bs script. Sounds like they chose the right file name for your devious plans... :lol:

#7 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

errr you could also just use Near infinity or shadowkeeper for this too you know without that much hassle.

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

errr you could also just use Near infinity or shadowkeeper for this too you know without that much hassle.

Not really; unless you also add every class ability at the proper amount, and possible level. Not just the spells, but all the effects as well. And by the time you're through doing that, you could have easily written a 2-block script and taken care of it already.

#9 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

hmmmm well if this works you could theoreticaly make yourself a thief and then use a script a become a druid or something like that?

#10 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

hmmmm well if this works you could theoreticaly make yourself a thief and then use a script a become a druid or something like that?

I say again

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :naughty:

#11 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

I actually tried what i said above and guess what?
it doesn't work as it should, after activating the script to change my thief to a druid, the thief buttons are disabled. so i guess this little trick only goes that far, furthermore it happened to me that i didn't get any spells in another case, until i leveled up with the new class. so i either will have to make some custom kit to simulate a thief/druid and those other classes you usually don't have like thief/mage/cleric or keep using Shadow Keeper.

#12 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:07 PM

I guess using the script is kinda like dual classing.

#13 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:10 AM

not really since if you dual class, you get back your abilities as soon as you achieve a level that's higher than your previous class. by using the script depending to which class you change your old abilities will be disabled.

#14 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

not really since if you dual class, you get back your abilities as soon as you achieve a level that's higher than your previous class. by using the script depending to which class you change your old abilities will be disabled.

You can change your XP via scripting as well. You have to do this with specific info. Set your XP to zero, change your class, and set your XP back to its former level. Put a couple of Wait() actions in between them. See if this helps you.

If you have TDD installed, look at bsinger.bcs. I don't mess with the XP directly, but it is a working example of how I use this sort of procedure to get the proper weapon proficiencies.

Spells can also come in handy for messing around, coupled with scripts. You can accomplish much more with scripts and effects, than with scripts alone.

#15 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:32 AM

As I recall, you can't actually reduce XP via script.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#16 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

As I recall, you can't actually reduce XP via script.

You can via spell, of that I am certain. But if people have taken my advice and looked at the script (and system) I recommended---they will see that. The class/XP/title switches I do for the Bladesinger kit give this Fighter/Mage the proper Bladesinger (fighter-based) proficiencies--even proper specialization/mastery! How, by using both script and spell to change class, kit, title and XP--you can pull off some good hoodoo. :)

Edited by horred the plague, 19 April 2006 - 04:35 PM.