Photo

Random crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dndslayer69

dndslayer69
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

Every once in a while bgt/dstsc/nstsc will crash. Sometimes when this happens every single save I have becomes totally useless because when I try to load a saved game in after the crash the system does a single beep and freezes the game. Is there anyway to revive these lost saved games? I tried cleaning my registry and that did not work either. If anyone has an answer please let me know.

#2 dndslayer

dndslayer
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

Every once in a while bgt/dstsc/nstsc will crash. Sometimes when this happens every single save I have becomes totally useless because when I try to load a saved game in after the crash the system does a single beep and freezes the game. Is there anyway to revive these lost saved games? I tried cleaning my registry and that did not work either. If anyone has an answer please let me know.

In addition to what I said if any of your saves are good then you have a great chance that your sleep sequences will be corrupt as well(which means every time you try to sleep your game will crash as well). I found your best bet with this situation is just to export your character and start a new game if one of your saves is good. Another thing that might work is to reset your system right after the crash and maybe the files will still be intact.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

there's a well known, well-documented and unsolved problem in BGT, Tutu and BG1 with Beregost - saving whilst outside in Beregost will frequently corrupt yr saves, pretty much irrevocably; auto-saving in Beregost (ie, when you leave Beregost or enter buildings) can also kick off this bug. there's no solution to this. yr only option is, when yr in Beregost, make sure you have an archived save whilst yr inside a building - this way, when the Beregost crash hits you (and it can hit you when yr not in Beregost: ie, after you've arrived at the new area) you've got a protected save and haven't lost much game time. the Beregost crash will also take yr auto-save with it, and often yr quick-save if you quick-saved whilst you were outside.

crashing during sleep is usually a difgferent problem: broken or corrupted innate spells, if i remember correctly. solving htis will require, at a minimum, you posting yr weidu.log.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 dndslayer

dndslayer
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

Actually I get my corrupt saves when I go to the Friendly Arm Inn(not in Beregosh). And, by the way, how do you get a log on errors?

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

Actually I get my corrupt saves when I go to the Friendly Arm Inn(not in Beregosh). And, by the way, how do you get a log on errors?

seanas is referring to your WeiDU.log file in your main game directory. You will need to save it as a .txt document to be able to post it here, but it will help everyone to be able to see exactly what you have installed in your game to help fix your problem.

It takes a village...

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

Sleeping crashes seem to happen if you have a bad spell memorized. The game refreshs it in your spellbook, then boom, the game crashes. Try removing the non-standard spells from the memorized list and try to sleep again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website