WORLDMAP

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -bgslayer-

-bgslayer-

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:06 AM

I have a question: I'm creating a new quest mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SoA, can I use your worldmap? I want to make new larger map, but for that I need yours?

#2 -bgslayer-

-bgslayer-

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:11 AM

Here is a picture...

Attached Images

• smod.jpg

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:20 AM

To CBisson, King Diamond: Is it possible to use the CTB worldmap in my new POF mod?

#4 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

To CBisson, King Diamond: Is it possible to use the CTB worldmap in my new POF mod?

Doesn't existing WorldMap v6 suit to your intentions?
It's much simplier now (with the new version) to add new locations to existing large map than to develop something from scratch...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#5 -bgslayer-

-bgslayer-

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

Maybe, but I want to do it myself, so is it possible to use yours to create larger one? I DON'T WANT TO USE your worldmap, I just need it to create the PoF map? :)

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:13 AM

bgslayer,

have you seen the world map mod?? Look here Yacomo, King Diamond and Weigo are trying to make a compatibility map mod for BG, so all mods can all use the same map?? I think they will work with you.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

bgslayer,

have you seen the world map mod?? Look here Yacomo, King Diamond and Weigo are trying to make a compatibility map mod for BG, so all mods can all use the same map?? I think they will work with you.

Yes, I have already downloaded it. But problem is, that in my mod I'm using cities like Neverwinter, Targos... They arenīt in the map mod. When they will release a new map with Faerun North, then I can use it.

Attached Images

• worldmap.jpg

#8 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

bgslayer,

Please register so we can PM you if we need to. I am sure if you want/need to add to Yacomo's map he will work with you. What we would like to see is one map that we all use. From looking at your map as it develops, you are doing a good job!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#9 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

bgslayer,

How is that going to work exactly? Separate entries in the mod installer that set the coordinates for a worldmap area to something different that'll place it appropriately on the new worldmap?

Also, is there a list of mods that alter the worldmap and where their new areas are?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#10 Slayer

Slayer
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:19 PM

Chevalier,

King Diamond can contact me whenever he want, I can help with creating the map. But first I must finish my new Quest Mod Paladins of Faerun. As I already said, If I want to use this map mod, I need Faerun North!, or I will have to use this new map I created...

King Diamond,

I like your mod CtB and I would be happy, if we can make it compatible with my new mod PoF...

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

I have read of your mod and was very impressed!!!!!! I would hope that it can be made to work with the Mega BP + Baldur's Gate Trilogy install. Look here

Edited by Chevalier, 04 July 2006 - 11:33 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 Slayer

Slayer
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:37 PM

I have read of your mod and was very impressed!!!!!! I would hope that it can be made to work with the Mega BP + Baldur's Gate Trilogy install. Look here

Yes I have seen it, but I must speak with the autors of BP + BG Trilogy about the map... Without the map it won't be compatible.

#13 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

King Diamond,

I like your mod CtB and I would be happy, if we can make it compatible with my new mod PoF...

It's not my mod and it's not my map... :)
So I have nothing against using that graphics anywhere. As far as CBisson is VERY hard to get in touch with I think you're free to use it.
And I really recommend you to contact Yacomo or Weigo about enlarging map boundaries.... :cheers: :)

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#14 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:58 AM

It's Yacomos part to create and paint the worldmap.

@Slayer: I would contact Yacomo, because his next plan was to expand the worldmap to the north. But he is a busy man, so I don't know how far his plans are. PM Yacomo

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)