Photo

Teleport Spell?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 5th_horseman

5th_horseman
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:54 PM

Teleport Spell is mod for SoA_ToB the homepage is here: http://addoncz.jinak...640df445149f228

I would post this on that homepage, but I am unable to post replys at this site, plus the I only speak english is a bit of a problem. I have posted here because this fourm seems to be the most involed with megamods and some of this site's member's of the the have posted on the above site. Since most of the big mods are now compatable and the world map allows you the combine them, would it be possible to build support for it into the various mods used in megainstalls?

I am not a coder, but I have looked at the code used is most seems to be fairily genric additisions to each area they include extenstions to are, and bcs files, an entry to an ids file and a cre file all based on the area name, and they would be best added before biffing, some areas have specfic additisions. eg. "Watcher Keep" will not allow you to teleport till the demon is dead, other's like the "Planar Prison" are excluded.

I believe if the teleport mod were to be install first, the same block of hex code could be used in all the mods added to tp2 of each mod this would handle most of the generic area additisions only exclusions for specfic areas would reqiure individual enrties. This would reduce the work involed for each mod.

What do you think? Personally I like the idea, I don't think it would be a game breaker as you still have to go there first before you can teleport there, and the spell is 7th level, so you are fairily capable by that stage. By including in the mod, the mods designer's would have control over where and when it can be used.

#2 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:10 AM

You can get the improved teleport spell in NeJ2.

#3 5th_horseman

5th_horseman
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

Thanks, I did not know, as I have not played NeJ as yet, I'm still trying to make an error free build.

#4 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

Teleport Spell mod is not game-breaking, I've been using it in all my installations so far.