Photo

An update on Sir Kalthorine's situation

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Mirrabbo

Mirrabbo
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

Some time ago I sent Sir Kalthorine an e-mail hoping to know of his endeavors. A response just came in the mail; here are the relevant facts on his status!

Just back in the UK for a few days from a job in Kuwait (which came up at the last minute and required me to drop everything, hence the sudden disappearance!), and I am staying round at a friend's who has an internet connection [...]

I am missing the online BG community terribly and I hope people don't think I have given up on Chrysta (my Spellhold Studios based mod), as that is far from the truth. I am not able to log onto the Spellhold Studios website myself, so could I be cheeky and ask if you could post there on my behalf saying that I am not dead, I do miss everyone, and I will be returning in full force by the end of September - I will have moved into a permanent address in Kuwait by then and will be aiming to get a broadband network set up there soon after I move in there at the end of August.

Until I am back full-time (and connected!), thanks again for getting in touch and I look forward to contacting everyone as soon as I am able. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!

Looks like, with a little bit of luck, he will be back among us in not too long :)

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:11 AM

Fantastic news. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

Great to hear! :D

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#4 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

So good to hear that he's well. :)

#5 ShadesofGrey

ShadesofGrey
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

Sir K, verily, since it's late October, hope you soon find your way out of the sands into an Oasis with broadband and drop us all a line on how you're doing :)

#6 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

Sir K, verily, since it's late October, hope you soon find your way out of the sands into an Oasis with broadband and drop us all a line on how you're doing :)

Well, things in Kuwait don't seem to run to a timetable very well - having been promised internet access at the start of the school year (September 2006) we have JUST been told it will be fitted by the end of MARCH this year!!!

I am back in the UK for just three days now as my wife's twin sister is getting married. However, I am still as tenacious and stubborn as ever and I don't break promises... as SOON as we get internet in our apartment in Kuwait I will be BACK and working on Chrysta again. This mod WILL get released, even if it takes the rest of my working life and there is no one left playing BG2 when it happens.

Yours in defiance of the vagaries of fate,

Sir K

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

Somehow, I don't think BG2 is going to disappear that quick. Still lots of time to work on Chrysta!

Welcome back, and I hope your internet situation is resolved soon!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for the "welcome back" - the speed of the response to my post has at least reassured me about the activity of the community. Nice to know the game and its supporters are still alive and kicking :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#9 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

Welcome back, Sir Kalthorine ;)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#10 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Yes, welcome. And don't worry, like Berelinde said, BG2 won't be going away any time soon. And there will always be us die-hards who are eager for a great new mod.
Glad you're well!

#11 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

I feel quite invigorated by peoples' responses, I had feared that interest would have waned too much for BG2 by now. I am so glad I was wrong :cheers:

My wife and I are returning to Kuwait on Tuesday 27th Feb, but in 4 weeks time I will be back - and for the first time in a LONG while a new Chrysta Developer Diary entry will mark the start of the next (and hopefully final) phase!

Look forward to seeing you all then.

Sir K

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:29 PM

Wooo! :D Aweeeesooome. Can't wait to see Chrysta back on track!

#13 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

OK, ok, so maybe the END of April instead of the BEGINNING of April - but I am back now and online full-time again, at least for a few MONTHS rather than days.

Phew... now where did I put my Chrysta files ;)

#14 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

Sir K... Is that truly you...

*swoon*
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#15 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Sir K... Is that truly you...

*swoon*

Hehe... some people really have a talent for massaging other people's egos :naughty:

Well there is no turning back now... even the Developer Diary thread has been resurrected! :cheers:

#16 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

Welcome back, Sir K! (Yeah, I know I already said that)

Just to note that, should you have problems reassembling some of your team, I can provide some coding help (well... as far as dialogues, scripts, and items are concerned) if needed :). Probably not the very immediate future, due to a thesis deadline in a week or three, but after that, I'm mostly home free (exams? pfeh).

So if you need any help getting restarted, just give me a shout... and than a PM or something, cause my hearing doesn't reach Kuwait (luckily).

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#17 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

And I as usual shall nod sagely and look wise during all technical discussions, whilst i retrieve my cheerleader outlet from storage.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#18 --Arconian--

--Arconian--

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

Dear Sir K,

I just want to say that I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I saw your update in the developers diary thread, not only because I'm waiting (im)patiently for an opportunity to play your great Chrysta mod :whistling: (no pressure here :rolleyes: ), but because I just find them a fun read...Oh and you can rest assured that I will check in more often now, so you be sure that you update the development more often! :P

P.S. I hope you had a fun time teaching in Kuwait!

#19 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:52 AM

Chrysta is alive again!!!!!!!! Viva!!!!!!! It's a great surprise to have you back again Sir Kalthorine! And I hope this time you can be here for a looooooooong time. To your questions about interest in your mod: Are you crazy? Does the Kuwait Sun burned you? OF COURSE there's interest in Chrysta! Most of us checked everyday (at least me) the Chrysta forum to see if there were any update, any message signed by you, so: YES, we are all waiting Chrysta's progress, and BG2 is not going to be left in any dark box or something. If I can, I will play it forever! It never gets boring and I think this is the thought of the whole community.

Again, glad you are here again!
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#20 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Thanks to all for the supportive comments - I am aware that the prospective "audience" for Chrysta will be very limited now due to interest in the game as a whole waning, but so long as there are even a small group out there interested in her, rest assured that I will be seeing this through to the end.

Chrysta is an itch that I WILL finish scratching before it drives me utterly bonkers :)