Photo

Sigh, something is wrong

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

Ok so, complete wipe and clean install from scratch.

Only TDD1.11, TS6.04.01, BP1.77, WM6.3 with SoA/ToB.

No perceptible stutter yet in chap2, however, every time I enter the Coronet it CTDs....wth is up with that.

Is there something I should know about not installing SoS?

When I go to zone into the Coronet it autosaves as usual, then starts to load up the Coronet, but loading ~ 20% of the area (golden bars fill up on loading screen to around 20%), the golden bars actually stall and are set back slightly, then it CTDs. Did it about 5 times.

Did I miss something on install? Am I not supposed to use BP with just TDD and TS?

***I cant even zone into the Coronet using CLUA it still crashes while loading the area, another fubar install?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04.01 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

Edited by zachD, 03 August 2006 - 10:16 PM.

#2 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

By the lack in replys im going to assume no one knows why this is happening.

Guess ill try a fresh install again.

yay

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

All I can think of is clear out cache and temp folders. Nothing looks wrong with you install.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:13 AM

Only TDD1.11, TS6.04.01, BP1.77, WM6.3 with SoA/ToB.

When I go to zone into the Coronet it autosaves as usual, then starts to load up the Coronet, but loading ~ 20% of the area (golden bars fill up on loading screen to around 20%), the golden bars actually stall and are set back slightly, then it CTDs. Did it about 5 times.

Did I miss something on install? Am I not supposed to use BP with just TDD and TS?

crashing at this point is either: bad area (.are, or .wed files), or bad actor in the .are file.

something has modded, incorrectly, either the area or an actor in the area. my guess is an unreported conflict between TS and BPv177 (or between TDD and TS). the solution is either going to be: remove AR0406.are and AR0406.wed from yr override fodler (if they're there) or remove the damaged actor from yr override folder - as to which actor is damaged, i don't know, but my guess (based on the trouble he's caused over the years) would be BEAST.cre (the BeastMaster).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:59 PM

Hrrr... the same thing is happening to me. The wierd thing is, at the beginning of the game, I could enter the Coronet just fine, but now I can no longer enter it without the aforementioned crash. Hrmmm... Something is afoot here...

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hrrr... the same thing is happening to me. The wierd thing is, at the beginning of the game, I could enter the Coronet just fine, but now I can no longer enter it without the aforementioned crash. Hrmmm... Something is afoot here...

did you try the suggested workarounds? did they work? if not, can you zip up yr current AR0406.are and AR0406.bcs and post them here?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#7 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:26 PM

I tried the suggested workarounds, and they didn't work.

Attached are the requested files.

Attached Files

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

ok, try these: unpack, drop into yr override folder, clear y cache and temp folders, and load a saved game. dunno if it's going to work tho, as you've got the area files stored in yr saved game. you might want to test with a new game - altho if yr only having problems with re-entering the area, this might not tell you a great deal.

but hey, you can only try.

Attached Files

#9 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

It worked! (Though I got a wierd journal entry saying "Why yes. You know him?")

Thanks a bunch.

Edited by Zyrusticae, 05 August 2006 - 04:28 PM.

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:40 AM

It worked! (Though I got a wierd journal entry saying "Why yes. You know him?")

cool - glad you got it working. the journal entry is an artifact of you using the .are from my install: different mods = different string refs, so dodgy journal entry. that's the only thing wrong yr likely to see, tho.

the real question is 'what mod or mod combination is breaking AR0406?' and i think the answer is TS and BPv177 in combination. will have to investigate :( .

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

If it worked the first time, but not the second time, I think maybe something with TDD. Something about checking for Frop(sp) or the TDD store. :unsure:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

Weird thing is the area worked fine when I had SoS included in install.

Fix doesnt work for me, noticed it would get further into the load for area tho.

Emptied cache and temp folders, deleted AR0406.are and wed files, dropped the new ones (0406 files) from your link into override folder, deleted BEAST.CRE. No effect, still crashes when I try to zone in. Deleted BEAST.BCS file next just for fun, no effect, still crashes.

Seems that after I deleted the BEAST.CRE file it actually got even further into loading the area before it crashed.

AR0406.BCS attached

PS - didnt reinstall again couldnt stomach the thought of doing that again and having the same shit happen.

Attached Files

Edited by zachD, 06 August 2006 - 07:13 PM.

#13 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

i had the same problem as well, not really going any where with this, just thought id mention it also didn't have SoS installed so there could be a connection :whistling:

#14 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

Thats it! Not having SoS installed must be breaking my game!

Mwahahahah

#15 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

From big mods, I have only BGT+CtB+BP (no SoS). Copper Coronet works fine.

#16 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:43 AM

From big mods, I have only BGT+CtB+BP (no SoS). Copper Coronet works fine.

good to know, but we really need some TS-BP tests, as it's the likely culprit here.

#17 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

I've got SOS+ROT+TDD+CTB+BGT+TS-BP+3 SBB's mods+BP177 (no small mods) and I can CLUA myself there, leave CC and re-enter again without a problem.

Edited by King Diamond, 10 August 2006 - 11:05 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#18 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

*** that's wrong ************************* :cheers:

Edited by King Diamond, 10 August 2006 - 11:13 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#19 M@t

M@t
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

I had the same problem also, what i did was add the files seanas uploaded to override, started a new game, then clua'd to AR0406, then went to my save game which resulted in the area working :) , ppl who can only clua into the cc may need to use shadow keeper to get the key to open the doors, as i was on wrong side when i clua'd in :(.

Thx seanas btw :)

#20 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

I've got SOS+ROT+TDD+CTB+BGT+TS-BP+3 SBB's mods+BP177 (no small mods) and I can CLUA myself there, leave CC and re-enter again without a problem.

I couldnt CLUA in either it still crashed.

May try Mat's workaround though I didnt restart a new game after dropping in the new files.