Got a Question?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:15 AM

If you're looking for a long fic that's finished I can recommend 'Rush of Blood to the Head' by Theodur on the Attic.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#42 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

those suggested by SaintZenn, are they finished or not? :blink:

Complete change of subject now: how can I edit a topic title??? :crying:
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#43 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

"Sarevok Saga" is finished, yes. And "A Capella" is nearly finished.

#44 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:22 AM

Complete change of subject now: how can I edit a topic title???  :crying:

You can't - you'll have to ask a moderator.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#45 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

Complete change of subject now: how can I edit a topic title???  :crying:

You can't - you'll have to ask a moderator.

View Post

If Seb has not already done this for you, send me a PM and I'll take care of it. :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#46 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:10 PM

I haven't. ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#47 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

Well, thank you all for your answers. I would like to know if A Capella, nearly finished, has any chance to actually be finished one day, or is it left forgotten for too long to remember???
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#48 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:25 PM

Well, thank you all for your answers.  I would like to know if A Capella, nearly finished, has any chance to actually be finished one day, or is it left forgotten for too long to remember???

View Post

A Cappella is still being published on the Attic, it's very close to the end of TOB.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#49 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

If you want to read the last chapters in A Capella, go here:

http://gamejag.net/i...viewforum&f=239

(when I was told "go to the Attic", I've been looking for it for about a week, so I thought I'd better provide a link here. ;) )

#50 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

I have a question or two.

Just something I have wondered about, and now plan to make use of as I am switching to fanfic, - is there a list of who says what in the BG2 game that can be used in fanfic? I mean take the start in Iranic's dungeon, Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira all have dialog options but how does one remember all of them - X-every character in the game!

Is there like a list someplace or does one simply play the game all the way through with a pen and a really big pad of writing paper?

Sorry so stupid, and if there is a link please direct me.

I have recently decided to give up on modding itself, but I AM a good writer and have a STORY (Dialog/quests et all) that I feel would be enjoyed... So, to get it out there I have decided to do the deed in story form.

Just a teaser: Think of a BG2 game (with a few extra NPC mods and quests) plus a NEW NPC who has her own agenda - Looking for a missing group, a lost sword and a bunch of detour quests along the way (One of which brings the group into a conflict with a...guy...named Mort ;) )

Nuff said?

Minotaur - Braindead sofar as modding goes but gifted Writer - switching to fanfic and HAPPY! :woot:
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#51 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:38 AM

Just something I have wondered about, and now plan to make use of as I am switching to fanfic, - is there a list of who says what in the BG2 game that can be used in fanfic? I mean take the start in Iranic's dungeon, Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira all have dialog options but how does one remember all of them - X-every character in the game!

Is there like a list someplace or does one simply play the game all the way through with a pen and a really big pad of writing paper?

No one has ever bothered writing down what can easily be looked up :P. If you download Infinity Explorer or DLTCEP you can look up any in game dialogue you want.

#52 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

Check fanfics. A Cappella is mainly game dialogue for her story. Or at least it is in the first part. That is one of the things I've done in my writing, browse fanfics of that section and borrow their game dialogue, and leave the altered stuff.

Edited by Kael, 11 March 2006 - 07:57 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#53 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

Everyone uses pen and paper for that kind of thing. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#54 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:00 PM

I'd agree with Shed here and download Infinity or DLTCEP, it's much quicker. :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#55 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

I'd agree with Shed here and download Infinity or DLTCEP, it's much quicker. :)

What, you mean that there are tools which do this? And here I've been using pen and paper for the last three years...

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#56 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:44 PM

I haven't tried them myself, but I'm fairly sure that these programs allow you to see the in-game code for any dialogue you search for. Me... I've stuck with the pen and paper. ;) . Mostly because I'm too lazy and end up writing my own versions of the dialogue.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#57 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

I posted in the Community Fanfic thread, but my contribution seems to have been removed. Explain this please, then hand the forum over to somebody else to moderate.

Thanks.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#58 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Hello,

You can get a perfectly satisfactory answer here: -

http://www.shsforums...t=0#entry205363

Of which point three covers your concern, specifically: -

Anything that is posted and deemed offensive (language, too much sexual content) will be removed!! No warnings and no explanations!! When in doubt, ask!

Trust that clarifies.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#59 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hi,

There was no sexual content. Perhaps a mistake was made? What languages are considered offensive?

Edited by SimDing0, 24 April 2006 - 10:25 AM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#60 Balathustrius

Balathustrius
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

I too was most distressed to see that Mr. Ding0's post had been removed. The sheer eloquence with which he wrought the heartwrenching tale of Blade and his daring escapades touched my heart, as I'm sure it did the hearts of many others here. If there was profanity involved, it was profanity of the most profound sort, profanity to lift the soul and lend wings to the mind! To excise it, to treat it as though it had never been, is a crime against the literary world akin to, nay, surpassing the book burnings of the Nazis, and suggests to me the trenchant designs of jealous, lesser minds.

I move to reinstate. :crying: