• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

I realize that Joneleth is somewhat of a meddler, but he's got wayyyyyyyy too much shit going on in his dungeon. What we need for a Mega-Install is a "Chateau Irenicus Mega-Install Chinese Fire Drill" mod which would allow you to meet the NPC's of the different mods (ie; Wulfgar & Drizzt for RoT, Yoshimo & Kachiko for TS, Dar who you can bring forward in time with you in NEJ2) and give you the option to send them somewhere in Athkatla to wait until you are ready to kick off their particular mod.

It takes a village...

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

[sarcasm]
NO!
we did not do our NPCs to kick them off! our priority is to make you really love our NPCs like the original ones!
[/sarcasm]

#3 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

I agree. Right away it was confusing to juggle the party. Ended up reading a lot of posts to figure it out, and still ended up cluaing around to pick em up later. Anyway it shouldn't be that inconvenient to have them placed in a better spot like a tavern or inn. It might make some more sense plotwise too. Better yet - stop them from running up to you like Nalia or Anomen. ;)

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

I agree. Right away it was confusing to juggle the party. Ended up reading a lot of posts to figure it out, and still ended up cluaing around to pick em up later. Anyway it shouldn't be that inconvenient to have them placed in a better spot like a tavern or inn. It might make some more sense plotwise too. Better yet - stop them from running up to you like Nalia or Anomen. ;)

Speaking of Anomen, he's such a God-Awwful whining sniveler, I would much rather have Dar as a fighter/cleric in the party. Something about that "Oooch,,,Owww!,,,,Mmmmm,,,Dammit!!" when he gets whacked that's catchy,, :P

It takes a village...

#5 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I hack up Anomen with SK to make him a little more bearable till I finish his quest - then get rid of him right away. Thing is it seems Dar is always getting hit, he makes all that noise and he only lost like 10hp.

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, I hack up Anomen with SK to make him a little more bearable till I finish his quest - then get rid of him right away. Thing is it seems Dar is always getting hit, he makes all that noise and he only lost like 10hp.

Try it on insane. It takes him down to < 25% :D

It takes a village...

#7 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

NPCs with high constitution are regenerating. For example, Kagain in BG1. Higher constitution - higher regenerating rate.