• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:59 AM

Hi Folks,

i just finished my first mega install. Hooray :woot:
But something keeps me wondering. Everything went just fine except one error message. I read that some error messages are simply nothing to worry about but my message came up at the end of the installation of SoBH. It said something like "serious error: can't write file "." :blink: Can't remember the exact file name but it was really something that looked this way.

Some more questions:
1. in the read me of BP 177 it says that the g3tweaks should be installed after bp. Still true?
2. i installed baldurdash weidu (version 1.6) right after the official patches. KD for example still has version 1.5 in his signature. Do i need this one or can i use the newer one?
3. for bgt there is an additional file named BGT4WM6.rar. Do i need it? When do i have to install it. Before starting the bgt setup.exe or afterwards?
4. same for this file BHDSNTpatch4BGT.RAR. When do i install this one?

Something must have gone wrong during my install cause when i started a new game and looked at the worldmap (nice work guys!) several places looked pretty weired. The town parts of Athkatla for example were placed just left of candlekeep.

Edited by Rubberduck, 04 September 2006 - 01:04 AM.

#2 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:08 AM

Hi Folks,

But something keeps me wondering. Everything went just fine except one error message. I read that some error messages are simply nothing to worry about but my message came up at the end of the installation of SoBH. It said something like "serious error: can't write file "." :blink: Can't remember the exact file name but it was really something that looked this way.

Some more questions:
1. in the read me of BP 177 it says that the g3tweaks should be installed after bp. Still true?
2. i installed baldurdash weidu (version 1.6) right after the official patches. KD for example still has version 1.5 in his signature. Do i need this one or can i use the newer one?
3. for bgt there is an additional file named BGT4WM6.rar. Do i need it? When do i have to install it. Before starting the bgt setup.exe or afterwards?

Something must have gone wrong during my install cause when i started a new game and looked at the worldmap (nice work guys!) several places looked pretty weired. The town parts of Athkatla for example were placed just left of candlekeep.

Come on guys. Should be a pretty easy question for you to answer. Already finished the basic install and just wanna start to play :)

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:34 AM

Hi Folks,

Some more questions:

1. Yes it goes after BP
2. Use BG2fixpack instead of baldurdash ( http://www.gibberlin...net/bg2fixpack/ )
3. No you dont need that anymore if you use worldmap 6.3 and bgt 1.01
4. You dont need it.

Check that you have the latest worldmap and then start a new game and it should fix your map problems. Make sure you follow this: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294 or http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20736

ronin

#4 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:38 AM

It should be logged in SoBH .DEBUG file in your game folder.

Yes, although it's not game-breaking to install it earlier.

It's a tricky question. :doh:
It's easier if you read this topic first:
http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=7334

If you install latest versions of BGT, BoneHill, and DS/NT packages - then you don't need those files. Latest versions can be found at http://america.iegmc.net/.

#5 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:05 AM

Great guys. You rule :Bow:

Just found out that i wasn't using the latest versions of DSotSC and NTotSC :wacko:
Damn it.

Will start a new attempt to install that monster. Gonna leave baldurdash 1.6 behind and try the fixpak. I must admit that the whole discussion about wether to use baldurdash or the fixpak is quite irretating :blink:

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:12 AM

Will start a new attempt to install that monster. Gonna leave baldurdash 1.6 behind and try the fixpak. I must admit that the whole discussion about wether to use baldurdash or the fixpak is quite irretating :blink:

yep. we're waiting on a final version of the Fixpack, at which point this discussion will be very short: always use the Fixpack, never use anything else with BP.

until it leaves beta tho, you can choose between BD-weidu 1.5 or the Fixpack - they've both got advantages (Fixpack is more comprehensive, BD-weidu is bug-free). just dont use BD-weidu 1.6 with BP: it will break yr install.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:53 AM

yep. we're waiting on a final version of the Fixpack, at which point this discussion will be very short: always use the Fixpack, never use anything else with BP.

until it leaves beta tho, you can choose between BD-weidu 1.5 or the Fixpack - they've both got advantages (Fixpack is more comprehensive, BD-weidu is bug-free). just dont use BD-weidu 1.6 with BP: it will break yr install.

hmmm, what kind of bugs? Just some small ones which can be ignored? You said that at this point i may chose what to use. BD 1.5 or the fixpak. For the sake of my install i would prefer a rock stable version. It's always the same story. Don't want to miss anything and of course everything has to be bug-free. I always want too much B)

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

if yr installing today, and you want bug-free: choose BD 1.5.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#9 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:53 AM

if yr installing today, and you want bug-free: choose BD 1.5.

Will do. Thx :cheers: