• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

Nothing. Ha!

Actually, several new areas but you can't access them yet. Version .36 is really a major bug fix for the past versions. I have included the first area of Selgaunt (the Bridge district). Other areas are part of the Slaver series and take place down around Westgate. The area graphics are in your game but I don't have the areas finished. The advantage for you is that when I am ready, smaller patch downloads should be all you need. Selgaunt Bridge will be the first to get this patch. You will find that some houses are either empty or the dialogs don't pertain to Selgaunt.

Also included in this release is the map areas for Myth Drannor. This is for Rihn's quest and she has to be in the party for the quest to happen. This mod is not ready yet, so don't worry about when it happens because it won't right now.

Other issues:

Meepo fixed (again)
Rilithar fixed (again)
Rilithar and Aesdale have new sound sets.
Area graphics cleanup for some of the Citadel.
Spells are renumbers and fixed (I moved the TDD/CtB/IWD spells after the default spell numbers)
New Worldmap (as used in BGT, Tutu, BP, etc)
Several new banters
New Biff packaging (this cleans up the override folder for you, should make your game go faster)
Countless typo fixes

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Snaggly Pete

Snaggly Pete
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:39 PM

I'm having an install problem. Do I extract the 0.36 version using WinRAR or some other program? If it's WinRAR, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I get some messages saying "No archives found" and "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". I'm an old school gamer and fondly remember playing these mods when they first came out for PnP in the early 1980s, so I'd love to play them again...but alas I'm kind of a computer moron...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: For what it's worth, I'm using the 3.60 version of WinRAR (not to be confused with the 0.36 version of Classic Adventures).

Edited by Snaggly Pete, 06 September 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

You aren't the first person to tell me this. I think the upload to the ftp server got corrupted. I will try again tomorrow with another upload and see if that fixes the problem.

Classic Adventures

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

I can verify that. With Winrar 3.60 and 7-zip I get a corrupt archive error.

ronin

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:19 PM

It should be working now. I had to repost it twice. For some reason, the server doesn't tell my client that the file is complete and so the client reuploaded it again (which overwrites the file). I had the same problem on Monday. I didn't have any problems uploading it to TheWizard's ftp server. So you should see it on his mirrors in the next day or so (got to remember to go tell him...).

Classic Adventures

#6 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:24 AM

I have installed 0.36 on my laptop and it runs very well. Love the updates & am eagerly awaiting the next version. I am experiencing a few bugs and i'll address them in the bug topic when I get them organized.

What's the status of the next version upgrade?

I have 0.35 installed on my desktop. Wondering what the best procedure is for installing 0.36. Is there an uninstall for 0.35? If I just install the 0.36 on top of my 0.35 version what happens to my overide folder that you spent so much time cleaning up?

Mythryl Eagle
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:48 PM

I have never tried to install .36 over .35. Most of it will work. I did fix several spells, ITM files and some other stuff that you will now find duplicated. That is the only issue that right off hand will cause problems. Your Worldmap would requre you to do a new game. Version 36 has a new map in it that wasn't in .35 and probably will give you problems. Since the WMP and map are both overwritten, you should be okay with a new game.

.37 is in a beta right now that we are testing. It is Rihn's quest in Myth Drannor plus some small fixes for other issues players have found.

Oh, if you decide to continue with the .36 over .35 game, I may not be able to track down any bugs you list. I can try but there are no guarantees that a clean install has the same problems.

Classic Adventures