How to upgrade Will the bard

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:02 PM

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone succeeded a complete "upgrade" of Will the Bard NPC?
I did get him his flail from the bar Keeper, and his red armor from the smith.
In the temple East of Beregost, the priest said at one point that he can make the fail better if I bring him a Rogue stone. I have plenty now (I killed Sarvok and I'm playing TotsC and NtotSC) but I cannot get him to improve the flail.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-Younes

#2 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone succeeded a complete "upgrade" of Will the Bard NPC?
I did get him his flail from the bar Keeper, and his red armor from the smith.
In the temple East of Beregost, the priest said at one point that he can make the fail better if I bring him a Rogue stone. I have plenty now (I killed Sarvok and I'm playing TotsC and NtotSC) but I cannot get him to improve the flail.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-Younes

Ok, I managed 1 more upgrade. I came back to the smith in Beregost and he opffered to upgrade Will's armor if I had some ingredients (diamond and scrool of protection against petrification) and 8000 gold. The armor is actually pretty good.

Now what about that flail and the rogue stones?

Any suggestion?

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

Only if it is after Chapter 4.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Only if it is after Chapter 4.

I this point I have killed Sarevoc and almost finished TotSC so I'm in Chapter 8 and still no dialogue option from the priest in the Temple East of Beregost.

#5 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

Ironically, I had the same problem. I was able to upgrade Will's armor, but not his flail. I, too, am in Chapter 8. How did I solve the problem? CLUAConsole. I CLUA'd in his upgraded flail. ;)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#6 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

Ironically, I had the same problem. I was able to upgrade Will's armor, but not his flail. I, too, am in Chapter 8. How did I solve the problem? CLUAConsole. I CLUA'd in his upgraded flail. ;)

Hello The Wisard!
Could you please give me the Cluaconsole line for Will's upgraded flail?

Thanks

-Younes

#7 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

I knew you were going to ask. :) Try this...

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("NTBLUN07")

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#8 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:24 AM

It's a "long" bug i guess, i reported it long time ago and it seems it's not solved yet ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#9 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

I knew you were going to ask. :) Try this...

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("NTBLUN07")

Thank you very much The Wizard!

-Younes

#10 gamer99

gamer99
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

It's a "long" bug i guess, i reported it long time ago and it seems it's not solved yet ;)

mm75

The source of the bug is that the weights of the block that updates Will's Flail is set to a value too high, so that block of code never get a chance to run. Easiest way to fix is: open the ~\NTotSC\D\KELLDA.d file with Wordpad, locate the block of code "BEGIN Tells", change "IF WEIGHT #4" to "IF WEIGHT #-1"(Actully it is the second line of code in the file, right under the line "APPEND ~KELDDA~"). Then recompile the KELLDDA.D file then it's done. Remember you can only upgrade Will's flail after Chapter 4(not in chapter 4, but chapter 5, 6, ...) and after you have finished the Bassilus and Wyvern quest.

To recompile the file, first copy the latest WeiDU.exe in your BGII directory, open Command Prompt mode, then go to your BGII directory, type
WeiDU NTotSC\D\KELDDA.d NTotSC\Language\english\D\KELDDA.TRA --out override
then Enter. This will create the correct KELDDA.dlg file in your override directory. If anything goes wrong, just delete this and you will be OK.

Edited by gamer99, 26 September 2006 - 06:42 PM.