Photo

Installation instruction for BP+mods (without BGT)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the help, I will give it a try to install ROT with the modified ar602, now I have finished a install without ROT, and I found another mod which may cause problem, it is the Freedom's Reign of Virtue. it will cause the main pc not accessible after load game. uninstall it solve the problem.

by the way, where can I download the NI tools? I can't find it in the download link in the spellhold studio.

Edited by irheat, 06 October 2006 - 09:53 PM.

#22 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for the help, I will give it a try to install ROT with the modified ar602, now I have finished a install without ROT, and I found another mod which may cause problem, it is the Freedom's Reign of Virtue. it will cause the main pc not accessible after load game. uninstall it solve the problem.

by the way, where can I download the NI tools? I can't find it in the download link in the spellhold studio.

Just do a google search for Near Infinity and it'll lead you to the page for downloading. Just place the .jar in your game directory, and copy the .bat file in the Worldmap\Near Infinity Patch directory there as well, and double-click the bat to get it going.

By the way, it's not Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue that's causing your problem because I have that installed as well, and I'm not having your issues. Good luck.

It takes a village...

#23 zakaluka

zakaluka
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Just do a google search for Near Infinity and it'll lead you to the page for downloading. Just place the .jar in your game directory, and copy the .bat file in the Worldmap\Near Infinity Patch directory there as well, and double-click the bat to get it going.

By the way, it's not Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue that's causing your problem because I have that installed as well, and I'm not having your issues. Good luck.

One question for people who have BG2 + mods installed without BGT. I put this patch into AR0602 and started a new game. The game skipped the RoT cutscene, and went straight into CtB Chores. However, there were two issues:

1. There are two copies of Jaheira and Minsc in their cells in Irenicus' dungeon. I remember reading another thread about this, but can't find it now.

2. When I save and load a game, the RoT cutscene plays, but after that the same problem recurs (cannot control any of the characters or use the mouse).

The only change I made from before was patching AR0602.bcs. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

zakaluka.

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:53 AM

Pay close attention to this previous post in the thread:

[/quote] (Post #20)
only drop it in there if you have the same build as erubescent for bp-bgt. and then at the end of all your installs. otherwise download near infinity and use the script for comparison purposes only. will take you 20 mins or less to figure out how to open ar0602 in override and add the Continue() using NI. likewise you can open erebescent ar0602 externally whereever you have it installed to use it as a comparison (look around NI a little bit and figure out how it works, it will help fix many problems with mods, btw/don't save any changes unless yr confident or have a b/u). add a continue at the bottom of the topmost script block if you have fr/rov installed (the item block). add continue to irenicus block, reliev disable, and new game block. adding these continue()'s for me seems to be the only way to get rot in my install to not freeze and/or stutter in ar0602. [/quote]

My only other thought on the matter, is that while the Chores portion of CtB is there, if you've already experienced your childhood and all the mundane crap that goes with it (ie; Chores) why install it? It does cause issues with RoT cutscenes if you install the Fast Forward feature. If you really, really want the innate abilities you gain from doing the chores, then install it, do FF to get the abilities, then export your character, and then import that character without Chores installed in a fresh install. With everything else available from all the mods, and the HLA's you pick up later at higher levels, you really don't need those innate abilities anyway, and you'll save yourself a lot of heartache with the mega-install.

Edited by erebusant, 11 October 2006 - 04:57 AM.

It takes a village...

#25 zakaluka

zakaluka
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

Pay close attention to this previous post in the thread:

(Post #20)
only drop it in there if you have the same build as erubescent for bp-bgt. and then at the end of all your installs. otherwise download near infinity and use the script for comparison purposes only. will take you 20 mins or less to figure out how to open ar0602 in override and add the Continue() using NI. likewise you can open erebescent ar0602 externally whereever you have it installed to use it as a comparison (look around NI a little bit and figure out how it works, it will help fix many problems with mods, btw/don't save any changes unless yr confident or have a b/u). add a continue at the bottom of the topmost script block if you have fr/rov installed (the item block). add continue to irenicus block, reliev disable, and new game block. adding these continue()'s for me seems to be the only way to get rot in my install to not freeze and/or stutter in ar0602.

Yes, I did notice that, which is why I didn't drop that ar0602 into my override, and only added (what I thought were) the required Continue()s. Apparently I didn't do a very good job of it. However, that still doesn't explain the double copy of Jaheira/Minsc.

My only other thought on the matter, is that while the Chores portion of CtB is there, if you've already experienced your childhood and all the mundane crap that goes with it (ie; Chores) why install it? It does cause issues with RoT cutscenes if you install the Fast Forward feature. If you really, really want the innate abilities you gain from doing the chores, then install it, do FF to get the abilities, then export your character, and then import that character without Chores installed in a fresh install. With everything else available from all the mods, and the HLA's you pick up later at higher levels, you really don't need those innate abilities anyway, and you'll save yourself a lot of heartache with the mega-install.

OK, I'll leave chores off and see if that helps. The reason I was installing it is that I was going off your install log from http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224

Thanks.

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:56 AM

[quote] (Post #20)
only drop it in there if you have the same build as erubescent for bp-bgt. and then at the end of all your installs. otherwise download near infinity and use the script for comparison purposes only. will take you 20 mins or less to figure out how to open ar0602 in override and add the Continue() using NI. likewise you can open erebescent ar0602 externally whereever you have it installed to use it as a comparison (look around NI a little bit and figure out how it works, it will help fix many problems with mods, btw/don't save any changes unless yr confident or have a b/u). add a continue at the bottom of the topmost script block if you have fr/rov installed (the item block). add continue to irenicus block, reliev disable, and new game block. adding these continue()'s for me seems to be the only way to get rot in my install to not freeze and/or stutter in ar0602. [/quote]
[/quote]

edit:nevermind i didn't need all those continues after all (mod issue unrelated to the usual bp culprits). try just putting a continue() after reliev disable. and maybe after the fr/rov block if you have it (its got a horsemans flail, among other non-magic weapons in it). oh and definately get rid of the chores. sorry for any confusion.