• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

1. When meeting the Dryads for the 1st time to get the quest for the Acorns, all 3 Dryads are hostile, but will talk to you normally, then continue attacking after the dialogs.

2. Massive spawns in AR0602. I battled about 5 large squadrons of Bugbears near Rielev's chamber, there were 15 Otyugh's in the guardians chamber, (10 of them again by the time I passed back through there on the way to the Library) and approx 16 Ogres in the Master's Chamber portal room, and approx 25 Ogres just north of the Library. Also they will continually re-spawn in there respective areas upon rest or re-load. Not that I'm complaining, because I like everything massively difficult, but some may not. :D

3. In AR0700, Door0702 has the TimeGT(DAWN_END); TimeLT(DUSK_END) parameters missing from the IF portion of its IF/THEN block, and the DoorOpen("Door0702") parameter missing from the THEN portion of the same IF/THEN block, so during daytime the door is closed and you can open it, but as soon as you do, the door slams shut again. Simple fix.

4. Bonus Merchants - There are 2 instances of Deirdre in Ribald's (AR0702.bcs) and 3 instances of Joluv in the Copper Coronet (AR0406.bcs) Simple to fix by deleting the extra IF/THEN blocks from the respective .bcs files before entering the areas for the 1st time.

5. Arena - During 1st day fights with Wulfgar, the opposing fighter would attack Minsc (standing outside the arena) always.

6. Lion Door to Catacombs - Door in AR0700 is activated even though I haven't even spoken with Selence yet.

7. Summoned Critters - When an opponent uses a wand of Monster summoning and summons Hobgoblin Elites, they just mill about aimlessly waiting to be slaughtered.

8. Poison Mists - At least in the RoTerror areas (RA4601 & RA4602 in this case) the Poison mists are susceptible to their own poison and end up being killed by themselves.

9. Kidnapping of Boo - Upon completing the dialogs with Smethy he screws up his transport spell and sends you to the Druid's Grove where there is an ensuing battle with trolls which from all appearances have the same "indestructible" issue again. My party sat and beat the crap out of one of them for >1000 HP and while going to Near Death still didn't fall and wasn't killable. Another issue occurs in this scenaria where before the trolls show up, so does Pauden, and your dialog initiates with him like you've been given the druid grove quest in Trademeet, even though I haven't gone to Trademeet yet. Not sure yet whether this will cause problems once the Druid Grove quest is actually given or not.

Edited by erebusant, 03 October 2006 - 09:42 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

The dryads being hostile, I have seen it before on my clean BP-WeiDU only install. It seems to happen when there is a fight not far from the dryads (in my case, I was attacked in my sleep in the room with the helm of balduran). The dryads, despite being unhurt, turned hostile (but they are still doing their standard dialog).
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:36 AM

1. When meeting the Dryads for the 1st time to get the quest for the Acorns, all 3 Dryads are hostile, but will talk to you normally, then continue attacking after the dialogs.

2. Massive spawns in AR0602. I battled about 5 large squadrons of Bugbears near Rielev's chamber, there were 15 Otyugh's in the guardians chamber, and approx 16 Ogres in the Master's Chamber portal room. Also they will continually re-spawn in there respective areas upon rest or re-load. Not that I'm complaining, because I like everything massively difficult, but some may not. :D

I incountered the same massive spawns with the BG2 Fixpack Beta2 installed. I don't mind difficult tactical battle, but these one where quite a pain in the B**T. I play a mega-install and my characters are all ~ level 9, but I am without all my armors and weapons from BG1 (just the lame gears found on the fist Irenicus dungeon level).

Erebusant, did you port your gear from before BG2?

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:54 AM

The dryads being hostile, I have seen it before on my clean BP-WeiDU only install. It seems to happen when there is a fight not far from the dryads (in my case, I was attacked in my sleep in the room with the helm of balduran). The dryads, despite being unhurt, turned hostile (but they are still doing their standard dialog).

This is exactly what occured. I'd just previously battled the 16 Ogres in the Portal Chamber. I guess with this install one should talk to the Dryads before battling the Ogres. :P

It takes a village...

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

2. Massive spawns in AR0602. I battled about 5 large squadrons of Bugbears near Rielev's chamber, there were 15 Otyugh's in the guardians chamber, and approx 16 Ogres in the Master's Chamber portal room. Also they will continually re-spawn in there respective areas upon rest or re-load. Not that I'm complaining, because I like everything massively difficult, but some may not. :D

I incountered the same massive spawns with the BG2 Fixpack Beta2 installed. I don't mind difficult tactical battle, but these one where quite a pain in the B**T. I play a mega-install and my characters are all ~ level 9, but I am without all my armors and weapons from BG1 (just the lame gears found on the fist Irenicus dungeon level).

Erebusant, did you port your gear from before BG2?

I didn't port my gear. I started a new BG2 game so I could wind my way through the SoA and BP Family mods this run-through, however I did use an imported character so my F/M/T was level 9/11/11.

It does make for an interesting set of tactical battles :woot: and I really did enjoy it, but the 1 real drawback I can see from this occuring this way, is you get so many critters cluttering up the various spawn points that it begins to cause a fairly significant amount of lag/stutter in your game. The GOOD thing is the lag and stutter clears up as soon as you teleport to AR0603.

It takes a village...

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

Are the massive CI spawns supposed to occur normally with BP, or is this bad interaction between the Fixpack and BP?

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:05 AM

Are the massive CI spawns supposed to occur normally with BP, or is this bad interaction between the Fixpack and BP?

I've never noticed the massive and continued spawns when running with BDash v1.5 and BP-WeiDU. I do however REALLY LIKE them!! :D . The only thing I don't like is the respawning, because over time as more and more critters spawn out, it really starts bogging down the game in that area.

It would be really cool to have the spawns tied into party level, or difficulty level or both.

It takes a village...

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

this is bad interaction between the Fixpack and BP. there should be one squadron of Bugbears; 3 Otyughs, and 2 Ogres in each of the locations (past the library and in the portal area).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#9 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:56 AM

this is bad interaction between the Fixpack and BP. there should be one squadron of Bugbears; 3 Otyughs, and 2 Ogres in each of the locations (past the library and in the portal area).

It's more like 50 bugbears (that respawn by groups of 8), 20 Otyughs (that respawn by groups of 6) and 2X~20 Ogres (one my the portal, onother by the Duergar forge).
Good amount of XP but the game slow down drastically when mooving through these areas after a massive slaughter!

#10 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

:o

'''*avoids beta3 until this is fixed/worked around...*

#11 Waywocket

Waywocket
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:54 AM

So does anybody know of a workaround for the mega-spawns? Having had a look at the script, I don't understand why they'd respawn (but then I know almost nothing about IE scripting).

Edit: Meh. In the end I just removed those CreateCreatures from the script altogether. I can live without bugbears et al in CI.

Edited by Waywocket, 13 October 2006 - 04:46 AM.

#12 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

Another constant-Respawn issue:
Each time I'm wandering in Athkatla at night, a spawn the 6 enemies (2 fighters, 2 assasins, 1 priest of Mask and 1 mage) occurs at midnight. They are not too difficult too dispatch (other than watching for the backstabbing assassins) but I barely have the time to start looting the bodies that another spawn of the same similar band (screaming something about the Black Sun) occurs.
After the 3rd re-spawn or so I have to hide in any nearby building to avoid having them spawning again...
I have a mega install (pretty much all the major mods but ROT and NEJ). Did anyone encountered this annoying issue. Do I have to solve a specific quest about "the Black Sun" for them to stop spawning? (I've played BG2 4 years ago and I don't remember if there is such a quest)

Thanks for the help

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

Another constant-Respawn issue:
Each time I'm wandering in Athkatla at night, a spawn the 6 enemies (2 fighters, 2 assasins, 1 priest of Mask and 1 mage) occurs at midnight. They are not too difficult too dispatch (other than watching for the backstabbing assassins) but I barely have the time to start looting the bodies that another spawn of the same similar band (screaming something about the Black Sun) occurs.

this is a BPv177 issue - one which i haven't solved yet, either. it will be solved for BPv178, but err, it's not solved yet.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#14 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

I have a probelm related to the start of stronghold related quests:
I am a mage/cleric/ fighter so when finishing Nalia's quest, she offered me the lordship of the castle.
She has been with me for 10 days or so and the quests related to her are no kicking in. From various walkthroughs, I have gathered that a messenger should have met us to inform of her father's burrial (should occur within a week of having her in my party, but nothing is hapening). The rest of the mini-quest related to the stronghold are working fine (angry merchant...).
Where do I have to check to see if the quests are still on track (what file?), what global variables do a have to look for.
Also, I've been trying to develop a romance with Jaheira. So far I finished the first harper quest (Motaron and the bird) and I have bought her a necklace. However, the rest of the Harper quests are also not kicking in (She should be recalled to the Harper's Hold a couple of days after finishing Xzart and Motaron's quest, but nothing is hapening). Once again, where do I have to check to see if the quests are still on track (what file?), what global variables do a have to look for?

I have also read that characters being swaped in a group and/or died/resurected may affect the timer on quests and reboot romances for older builds. Whas this fixed in the later mod versions and updates ( I have a mega install with all the mods and fixpacks up-to-date.

Thanks

#15 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

I have also noticed that if you engage ennemy spellcasters from afar, they cast a weird "target" invisible creature that roams around without attaking but that attracts my party's fire if the AI is ON.
Did any one encounter this spell effect?

#16 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

i've seen this creature. Usually he is "dead", but walking

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

I have also noticed that if you engage ennemy spellcasters from afar, they cast a weird "target" invisible creature that roams around without attaking but that attracts my party's fire if the AI is ON.

That sounds like one of Horred's "anti-cheese" don't try to take the boss-monsters out while hiding out of sight "adjustments",,, :devil:

It takes a village...

#18 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:52 AM

I have a probelm related to the start of stronghold related quests:
I am a mage/cleric/ fighter so when finishing Nalia's quest, she offered me the lordship of the castle.
She has been with me for 10 days or so and the quests related to her are no kicking in. From various walkthroughs, I have gathered that a messenger should have met us to inform of her father's burrial (should occur within a week of having her in my party, but nothing is hapening). The rest of the mini-quest related to the stronghold are working fine (angry merchant...).
Where do I have to check to see if the quests are still on track (what file?), what global variables do a have to look for.
Also, I've been trying to develop a romance with Jaheira. So far I finished the first harper quest (Motaron and the bird) and I have bought her a necklace. However, the rest of the Harper quests are also not kicking in (She should be recalled to the Harper's Hold a couple of days after finishing Xzart and Motaron's quest, but nothing is hapening). Once again, where do I have to check to see if the quests are still on track (what file?), what global variables do a have to look for?

I have also read that characters being swaped in a group and/or died/resurected may affect the timer on quests and reboot romances for older builds. Whas this fixed in the later mod versions and updates ( I have a mega install with all the mods and fixpacks up-to-date.

Thanks

Some more bugs:
- In the Umar Hills, I have noticed that in the Goblin caves (North-West of map), there is a synchronization problem in the map view: the little green dots representing the characters location are now where they should be.

- When visiting the Umar caves (the underground Drow/Drider mini dungeon), several bookshelves are not accessible ans characters can actually walk Through some of the funitures (tables and such). Some valuable tomes cannot be accessed because of this. (had to CLUA them)

#19 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:34 AM

This is indeed a anti-cheese feature. More info here. Have fun. :)

Edited by Anomaly, 21 October 2006 - 09:34 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#20 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

Sorry Erebusant, this should be a new topic, not a continuation of yours! Please move as new topic

Can anyone please help me with "forcing" the start the Nalia's Stronghold quests? Any CLUA ideas? (please details where changes need to be made if needed, I am not ecpert in this yet!)
She has been in my party for 2 weeks now (after giving me the lordship of her castle- I am a fighter among other things) but the quests related to her are not starting (father's burrial, abduction...).

-Thanks

Edited by younes, 21 October 2006 - 11:02 AM.