• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

Not directly related to game problem but i'm wondering after i read the sticked topic about the ToB fix from seanas:

"THANKS:

Horred the Plague - as always, for building BP in the first place"

Does it mean that Horred left the BG scripting community?

If so it's a big loss, he was really amazing and i enjoy his efforts since very first Big Picture :o

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:25 PM

Will Horred be bacK? Most likely. But when and for long is the real question.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

I really hope he will be. ...Otherwise TheWizard will have to find someone else to hound for an interview on IER. :P

Seanas?

*runs*

But seriously, if he's gone, big loss. :/

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

I personally expressed my concern to seanas about Horred's sudden disappearance in one MP over one month ago...seanas thinks that Horred might have temporarly lost interest in Big Picture as he released a pretty stable version but I can't see this as possible. Not only BP is still in Beta format (there are still several bugs and the project is incomplete - just think of the experience points customizations/hex conversion) but Horred was involved in big projects like Detectable Spells over at G3 which is now orphan of his main supporter.

I really can't understand what might happened even because it would be always nice to read a short message of warning before putting on the invisibility ring... :(

Edited by Salk, 05 October 2006 - 12:19 AM.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:15 AM

I think he has found a woman and is spending time with her. Women are the bane of modders. Modders need to be lonely guys who spend too much time in front of the computer for a social life.

I do hope nothing really bad has happened to him.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:35 AM

I think he has found a woman and is spending time with her. Women are the bane of modders. Modders need to be lonely guys who spend too much time in front of the computer for a social life.

Oh well, if that's the case it's fine ... i won't say they are "bane of modders", i need them absolutely :P

I hope he's enjoying his time ;)

mm75

#7 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:55 PM

I really hope he will be. ...Otherwise TheWizard will have to find someone else to hound for an interview on IER. :P

Seanas?

Not a bad suggestion. :)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#8 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:33 AM

This wouldn't be the first time Horred has disappeared without a word :).

#9 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

This wouldn't be the first time Horred has disappeared without a word :).

Exactly, so I would not worry, even if I miss him very much.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#10 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

He is like the Plague, you can never quite get rid of it. Once the newness of his romantic interest wears off I have a feeling he will be back.

ronin

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:17 AM

I'm alive, and fine; just busy at work on an NWN project (I'm designing a crafting system for one of the COPAP worlds ATM). BG2 modding had really lost its flair for me again, after months of continuous work on it, and I have the goal of moving forward, into NWN2 modding and beyond.

Keep an organized list of what's wrong, for me, and one day maybe I'll be so frustrated with NWN toolset I'll come back and bust them out. That is, if someone doesn't pick up the ball and release one (like the old S&H patch series, e.g.). Can't really say ATM, I'm right in the middle of my current project.

If anyone wishes to continue the G3 scriptable spells project, I'll be glad to email them a package of my progress thus far. Just send me a PM to this affect. There were only a couple spells remaining to do, and the enchanted weapons, if I recall.

Edited by horred the plague, 12 October 2006 - 04:20 AM.

#12 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:03 AM

It's great to see you are alive and kicking! We all wish you the best in this new modding adventure of yours hoping to have you here again soon to complete the Big Picture project! Good luck and best wishes! :crying:

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

I'm alive, and fine; just busy at work on an NWN project (I'm designing a crafting system for one of the COPAP worlds ATM). BG2 modding had really lost its flair for me again, after months of continuous work on it, and I have the goal of moving forward, into NWN2 modding and beyond.

see, i've been telling ppl 'BP is finished - horred is off working on another project', but would they listen...

dont worry about the bug-fixing: there's a v178 nearly ready for release, which should account for all remaining issues.

It's great to see you are alive and kicking! We all wish you the best in this new modding adventure of yours hoping to have you here again soon to complete the Big Picture project!

but it is complete - the few remaining bugs even i can code fixes for.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#14 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:29 AM

..what about the scriptable spells or whatchamacallit?

#15 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

Dear seanas,

although I am 100% positive you can fix the remaining bugs, it's always nice to have the creator of BP himself release the final version. It has this romantic feeling about it, you know... :D

Also, I do remember Horred speaking of making BP eventually compatible with SimDing0's Experience Fixer... :whistling:

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I know that SimDingo's DefJam and Big Picture are compatible but I meant that the XP rewards are not uniform yet...

Edited by Salk, 16 October 2006 - 05:45 AM.

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

Dear seanas,

although I am 100% positive you can fix the remaining bugs, it's always nice to have the creator of BP himself release the final version. It has this romantic feeling about it, you know... :D

Also, I do remember Horred speaking of making BP eventually compatible with SimDing0's Experience Fixer... :whistling:

Dreams ... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

mm75

#17 Dog Cavalry

Dog Cavalry
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hm. Well, I've got a purely busted BP. Who do I email the debug file to then?

#18 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

write on this forum
or you could probeably email it to seanas( i supose he is in charge of BP now)

#19 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hm. Well, I've got a purely busted BP. Who do I email the debug file to then?

yeah, or send it to me: send me an email with it attached via the forum; or better yet, post the contents of the DEBUG file here, or attach it to a post so i can download and look at it.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#20 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:38 AM

It is not related to BP directly but the object is similar ...

Is King Diamond still around? I don't see a post of him for long time, if he left as well it's another BIG loss really, he was amazing as horred ...

mm75