Photo

Good minor mods?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

Are there good minor mods that are compatible with the mega install? Im primarily looking for mods that add new quests and locations, but anything that will significantly improve the experience is also welcome.

I dont like NPC mods :) Chances are that I will play with a custom party.

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

Are there good minor mods that are compatible with the mega install? Im primarily looking for mods that add new quests and locations, but anything that will significantly improve the experience is also welcome.

I dont like NPC mods :) Chances are that I will play with a custom party.

Try Deeper Shadows of Amn, and the D0Questpack.

It takes a village...

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

The only "minor" mod I'm aware of is Saerileth. I hear it's pretty good, but I haven't played through it at length, mainly since browsing dialogue in Infinity Explorer is much easier to do unobtrusively at work than playing the actual game.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:46 AM

'minor mods' that create* new quests and areas are very rare. i'd second erebusant's recommendtinos of Deeper Shadows of Amn and the D0Questpack; other than that, only Saerileth (NPC) and Amber (NPC) add new areas, from memory.

* where create = 'create without being buggy messes or breaking other mods or otherwise containing incompatibilities, be they deliberate or accidental'

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

I found Ajoc's Minimod to be quite an entertaining diversion, with very little in the way of bugginess. It adds new areas as well. [EDIT: Oops... forgot that this one depends on The Darkest Day being installed. Oh, well.]

On the BG side, I immensely enjoyed The Grey Clan, Episode One. It's well-nigh bug-free, and a great challenge for a BG party. Good stuff, Baronius! :Bow:

Try Unfinished Business for more quest-y stuff, too.

:cheers:

DtD

Edited by Derkoth the Disgruntled, 31 October 2006 - 04:00 AM.

#6 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:54 AM

Are unfinished business, grey clan 1, ajocs minimod, deeper shadows of amn and the d0questpack fully compatible with the megamod and all its main components?

Are the new areas added by Saerileth and Amber accessible without having them in your party? I want to go through the mega mod with a custom party. :)

Are there any other non major mods that significantly improve the game or add content without making it buggy?

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:45 AM

Are unfinished business, grey clan 1, ajocs minimod, deeper shadows of amn and the d0questpack fully compatible with the megamod and all its main components? UB don't install "Restored Minor Dialogues" component. Grey Clan is reported to be fine, as is Ajocs minimod. DSOA and d0Questpack, only install the components in the WeiDU log stickied above. The ones not listed are installed by other mods and you don't want to put them in twice.

Are the new areas added by Saerileth and Amber accessible without having them in your party? I want to go through the mega mod with a custom party. :)

Are there any other non major mods that significantly improve the game or add content without making it buggy?

Edited by erebusant, 24 November 2006 - 08:46 AM.

It takes a village...

#8 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:56 AM

No, you have to have them in the party to have the new areas. Try Amber out tho, its a great mod and she is a great thief, it will save you making one yourself.

ronin

#9 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

'minor mods' that create* new quests and areas are very rare. i'd second erebusant's recommendtinos of Deeper Shadows of Amn and the D0Questpack; other than that, only Saerileth (NPC) and Amber (NPC) add new areas, from memory.

(G3 Anniversary)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#10 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

Any, G3 mod is a great mod to install.

ronin

#11 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

Heh, flattery will get you everywhere. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#12 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hi, Ive just put in an order for the BG series, will be able to play BP plus BGT soon!

Ive been downloading several mods, the ones(aside from the major mods) are the following:

1pp-v2
abystorev3
ajocsminimodweidu v16
azenmodv2
bg1npcmusic-v4
bg1npc-v12beta3
com_enoucntersv101
d0questpack_v23
deeper_shadows_of_amn_v2.2
divine_remix-v5
domainsofdread-weidu
dos25
exnemvaultv5
fr_rov_weiduv3
g3anniversary-v4
ghost-weidu
jz-v1
kr's difficult brown dragon weidu v1.3
kwolf-npc-weidu
longerroad_v1.5
lostitems_vr2
mordan's xmas mod v1.0
munchmodc26 weidu
planarspheremod v2.2
shardsofice-v2
sirinescall_v43_bgt
songandsilence-v1
spcollection-v7
tbquest-v2.02
tbtweaks_v2.01
thetorturedsoulquest-weidu
unfinishedbusiness-v15
weidu_mortis_v23
yasraenav7
saerilethv13

Are there any mods in my list which are not compatible with BP? Also, are any of the above mods useless and not worth installing?

Have I missed any mods that add new quests, areas or items?

Thanks!

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hi, Ive just put in an order for the BG series, will be able to play BP plus BGT soon!

Ive been downloading several mods, the ones(aside from the major mods) are the following:

1pp-v2
abystorev3
ajocsminimodweidu v16
azenmodv2 No! Overwrites AR0602 and AR2000 among other things.
bg1npcmusic-v4
bg1npc-v12beta3
com_enoucntersv101 No! Will break your install!!
d0questpack_v23
deeper_shadows_of_amn_v2.2
divine_remix-v5
domainsofdread-weidu
dos25
exnemvaultv5
fr_rov_weiduv3
g3anniversary-v4
ghost-weidu
jz-v1
kr's difficult brown dragon weidu v1.3 Already part of Deeper Shadows Of Amn
kwolf-npc-weidu
longerroad_v1.5
lostitems_vr2
mordan's xmas mod v1.0
munchmodc26 weidu
planarspheremod v2.2
shardsofice-v2
sirinescall_v43_bgt
songandsilence-v1
spcollection-v7
tbquest-v2.02
tbtweaks_v2.01
thetorturedsoulquest-weidu
unfinishedbusiness-v15
weidu_mortis_v23
yasraenav7
saerilethv13

Are there any mods in my list which are not compatible with BP? Also, are any of the above mods useless and not worth installing?

Have I missed any mods that add new quests, areas or items? GBThfKp v2.14 available at: http://blucher.fortu...ff/bgstuff.html

Thanks!

Edited by erebusant, 09 December 2006 - 06:06 PM.

It takes a village...

#14 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

Thanks!

Ive Removed:

com_encountersv101
kr's difficult brown dragon weidu
azenmodv2

And Ive Added:

Amber-v23