Translations Required

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

The principal translatators for Russian (iopden) and Korean (web2air) seem busy, so can I get some people to translate these and reply with a .txt file attachment (don't translate directly into a reply) of the translated stuff, quoting the language you translated to?

Also, I just need someone to check that there is NO translation to Polish for 'Farmer'. I think Promilus just missed this one, but just making sure. If there is a Polish word for it, please provide in text file also.

Thanks.

@500000 = ~Farmer~

PostInstall.htm
"It may also provide more of a challenge while the playing through the Baldur?s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast portion of Baldur?s Gate Trilogy."
"Charmed creatures have no soundset: Creatures, such as bears, wolves, skeletons, and even Korax the ghoul, end up with no soundset when charmed. This seems to be an engine limitation, so nothing can be done about this."

Compatibility.htm
"-those modifications that are compatible are assumed to be installed after BGT-WeiDU, unless explicitly stated otherwise (see above and below)"
"-if you want to play BGT-WeiDU without the mega-modification but with other modifications, install BGT-WeiDU first before installing other modifications on top (unless otherwise stated)"

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

Please find attached.

Attached Files

#3 --Leonardo Watson--

--Leonardo Watson--

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:11 AM

I just saw your message

Attached Files

#4 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Also, I just need someone to check that there is NO translation to Polish for 'Farmer'. I think Promilus just missed this one, but just making sure. If there is a Polish word for it, please provide in text file also

Nothing missed. Polish ppl adapted word "farmer" into our language just like few others ( i.e. like english 'farm' is polish 'farma' or 'ferma') so translation of farmer is still farmer :)

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

Thanks, still waiting on Korean. Hopefully that will come soon.

Leonardo, with your German translation, weigo, being the principal translator, had done some for me already. I wouldn't know who is the 'better' translator, unfortunately. Nevertheless the translation by you and weigo are different from each other. Farmer is either Landwirt or Bauer, which is correct?

Edited by Ascension64, 02 November 2006 - 03:48 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

Landwirt and bauer are both correct. Landwirt is more proper than bauer tho.

example: landwirt is like prostitute where bauer is like hooker (just to show the differences)

get it?

ronin

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

Yeah Farmer is a Polish word which have the same meaning

#8 --Leonardo Watson--

--Leonardo Watson--

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

Thanks, still waiting on Korean. Hopefully that will come soon.

Leonardo, with your German translation, weigo, being the principal translator, had done some for me already. I wouldn't know who is the 'better' translator, unfortunately. Nevertheless the translation by you and weigo are different from each other. Farmer is either Landwirt or Bauer, which is correct?

Take weigo's, for he had already translated BGT

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:31 PM

I need Korean and Russian translations only for the attached worldmap.txt. The only catch is to treat ###s as spaces, but leave the ###s alone. You can attach the translated versions here. Thanks for the help.

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

No one able to handle Russian? Too hot? j/k :lol:

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

The problem is to translate names in Russian. The translation should correspond to the official Russian version of BG translated by Fargus, which I do not have. People who play BG in Russian will pop up here sooner or later.

#12 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:53 AM

Farmer is still american word, borrowed to polish lang.. Better, more polish word is "Rolnik" . :)

#13 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:45 AM

Hey, yarp, you see, in old BG there were no "rolnik" or "rola", only "farmer" and "farmy"-I translated it to provide FULL continuity :)

#14 yakudza

yakudza
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:39 AM

The problem is to translate names in Russian. The translation should correspond to the official Russian version of BG translated by Fargus, which I do not have. People who play BG in Russian will pop up here sooner or later.

I have BG in fargus translation. I would glad to translate given worldmap to Russian vut i have one problem. :) It written in topic "Instalation problemm" Forum BGT. If some one could tell me how I can get names without entering the game I could give russioan translation :)

#15 yakudza

yakudza
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:51 AM

I have just looked at my BG by fargus... not BGT. names are on russian but I dont have all map being opened. So give me please the method to show map in BG1 and I will give U translations

#16 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

Please post Badgert's translation. :)

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:51 AM

Hmm, well that doesn't quite work. I have no problems with the worldmap present in BGT-WeiDU. It is the BP-BGT Worldmap part that needs translation, and that contains a number of new names that will require fresh translation. The existing names I can attempt to salvage from the Russian dialog.tlk (or an equivalent thereof) that I have, but the new names cannot be subject to this method.

--------------
Retired Modder

#18 yakudza

yakudza
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:47 AM

here is the badgert tranlation. I think it is great...

Attached Files

• Attached File  qwe.txt   1.51K   351 downloads

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

here is the badgert tranlation. I think it is great...

Thank you. :)

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

*thoughts aloud*
I hate Fargus and their transliations. At least there is always english version on their disks.
Still it's pity that they are considered as standart.

Retired from modding.