Photo

SOS on linux...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zefklop

zefklop
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:00 AM

OK, I wanted to install SOS on linux with wine, and I saw that wine doesn't support bat scripts.... So I "convert" this script into a bash one.

Installation prequel :

Installing software you need:

The installation script uses weidu, oggdec and tisunpack (those can be found here (download the "Linux version")
Extract weidu, oggdec and tisunpack in /usr/bin (you need to be logged as root to do it so) and then do, in a console (as root) :
ln /usr/bin/WeiDU /usr/bin/weidu
BE CAREFUL : respect upper and lower case (the best way to do it is a copy/paste)

Download SOS-weidu and unpack it to your BG2 folder

Upper case to lower case: Attached File  majamin.tar.gz   249bytes   233 downloads
On linux, files named FOO.STG and foo.stg are considered as two different files. And weidu will always look for foo.stg, even if FOO.STG exists. So you need to rename it all in your BG2 folder. Don't panic, programs can do it for you. I made a script for this : download majamin.tar.gz and extract it to the folder just before your BG2 folder (for example, if it's in ~/games/BGII-SoA, extract it to ~/games)
Then, in console type cd ~/games and ./majamin BGII-SoA (I guess your BG2 directory is ~/games/BGII-SoA) and it will do allthe bad work for you !

Download SOS-linux and extract it in your BG2 folder.Attached File  sos_linux.tar.gz   21.49K   220 downloads

It will erase setup-sos.tp2... if your archive program warns you with something like "could not extract setup-sos.tp2 : file already exists", then remove it or rename it and redo the extraction.

Install process :

Go in your BG2 directory in a console and type
weidu sos-setup.tp2
Wait and... wow! no more problems : SOS is installed !

Bugs and problems : READ THIS BEFORE DOING SOMETHING YOU WOULD REGRET.

The uninstall script has a problem : it doesn't want to make a backup af the override folder (should work, but it doesn't with me). So before uninstalling, make a backup of the folder BG2/sos/overbak (copy it somewhere else). At the end of the uninstall process, check your override folder. If it's empty, then copy the content of the backuped overbak in it.

The SOS GUI won't install automatically... you have to run "weidu setup-gui.tp2" to install it. Is it normal ?

Note to the modders : Please PM me in case of an update... I will do it  too !

Hope it will help you and that you understood my explanations... english is not my native language  :)