Does anyone still have NEJ2v42 and NEJ2v602?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 -Gofur-

-Gofur-

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hello.

I'm planning to do a mega-install, following this thread:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294, possibly omitting CtB (I have read in some old thread that it was unbalanced and buggy, did anything change?)

I did some research on this forum and learned the following:
- new version of NEJ is incompatible with the mega install
- NEJ v602 is compatible after editing some install files
- NEJ 602 has only some slight incompatibilities with CtB (monster animations, nothing that would ruin the install)
- NEJv602 is no longer hosted on iegmc and cannot be downloaded from anywhere

Is the above correct? If so, could anyone who still has the 602 version of NEJ upload it somewhere? Rapidshare or some other file sharing service, or even release it on ed2k. It would be a shame if the last mega-mod compatible version of NEJ got lost forever.

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:45 PM

Gofur,

It would be best it you became a member here. :whistling:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 Gofur

Gofur
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:37 AM

Done :)

...uhh, now what?

Edited by Gofur, 21 December 2006 - 06:46 AM.

#4 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

I'm still interested in this myself, as it's not the first time I have seen someone asking for NeJ v42 and v602. Is compatibility being worked on with Vlad for a future version of NeJ or is a shift taking place? One that moves people away from installing NeJ as part of a mega-install and leaving it primarily as a stand-alone mod.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#5 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:13 AM

NEJ 4.2b + NEJ 6.02 : http://dragonshoard....t/download/nej/
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

... is a shift taking place? One that moves people away from installing NeJ as part of a mega-install and leaving it primarily as a stand-alone mod.

yep, a shift of this sort is indeed occurring. i'm not convinced it's a good thing, to be honest, but it's in line with what the mod author wishes, and it certainly makes the mega-install process simpler. i'd still rather play my mega-installs with the latest NEJ installed, but that's increasingly not an option.

thanks for the link anomaly - it's good to see the dragon's hoard back online.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hello

I'm trying to install to do a mega install as well but the file i need to edit is located in an executable right? How do i acces that file from there? with winrar or something?

thx in advance

WarpathX

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

Never mind my last post, i figured it out. :)

WarpathX

#9 dE fENDER

dE fENDER
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

Dragonshoard is offline now, can anyone give me a working link on NEJ 602 patch?

#10 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:02 AM

Dragonshoard is offline now, can anyone give me a working link on NEJ 602 patch?

Send me PM with your mail & I'll send it to you - I just don't like filesharing services to bother using one of these for upload :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#11 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

Isn't there also the contrary going on? I remember having read that someone is currently trying to make the newest version of NEJ compatible with a megainstall. Might be that I'm wrong though... Anyway I've been waiting years now for playing NEJ in a Megainstall. I'd like to know too if I should just give up any hopes of seeing a compatible version in the next years.

Edit:
OMG that thread was old, haha. well the the question would be: are there any news concerning NEJ within a megamod installation?

Edited by Marvin, 28 September 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

Barring the new content in NeJv693, I'd look for any fixes and stuff to add to the existing NeJv42b/602 content (via the BWPFixpack) before trying to make all the new stuff compatible :unsure:

But the folder structure/naming conventions in the newer packages is too different to check by just diffing them though :(

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#13 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

Do you really think that it's worth revising such an outdated version of the mod? Besides, I think a lot of people tried integrating the recent version of NEJ quite successfully (e.g. erebusant). Or Am I mistaken? =)

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

If this kind of stuff has already been done, might as well try to finish what's started :D But I doubt NeJv691 and above were meant to be compatible with megamods from the author's point of view :unsure: (but I testify that I have NO knowledge or wisdom regarding this matter :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#15 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Well, I don't know much about it as well, cause the information I have is also more than a year old. U are right, though, that Vlad objected to the usage of NEJ within a megamod, which is really sad, cause I'll never play NEJ as such. I'd rather play Icewind Dale. I've started the older, compatible version of NEJ and must say that it is indeed a great mod, but I just don't feel like playing it right after having completed a whole BWP-installation. After that I usually have enough of BG for about a year or so and then I start a new playthrough, which then does not include NEJ, since it is not playable within a megainstall.

#16 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Can anyone send NEJ2v42 and NEJ2v602 to me aswell please? The e-mail is paweleq90@o2.pl, FTP upload will do too
No way to download it from the internet atm, blackwyrmlair's gonna be down for some time.
Thank you in advanced.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

The NeJ2v42b.exe is 342957 KB's large, so I won't be uploading that anytime soon, but the NeJ2v602.exe I will, in a .rar package, cause I cannot and will not upload a .exe files ...

Attached Files

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

God damn it, i've been waiting over a week now...
You sure you cant upload it anyhow? I could even pay you by card.
Put aside my disappointment, thanks for the 602 though, appreciated.

I have ~80% of the mods from the BWP list in my setup, is it actually possible to run NEJ with it (considering i use the 42v) without running into bugfest?

Anyone else who could possibly upload NEJ2v42b?

Edited by RutgerHauer, 03 October 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

is it actually possible to run NEJ with it (considering i use the 42v) without running into bugfest?

Not really, as it's part of the eXpert install...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#20 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

Anyone else who could possibly upload NEJ2v42b?

Just wasted an hour stuffing this thing up on internet, so you better like it ;)
http://depositfiles....files/kqxi10qu6

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)