BG2 mods after installing BGT?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -parachute-

-parachute-

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone

I started to play BG once again... NWN2 keeps crashing and ToEE still is a fiasco...
BGT is great though!

I cleared Nashkell mines and my group just returned from their Bonehill adventure. Everyone is level 7, so I have to edit them down I guess...

At this point I have many questions, that I could not answer myself browsing various forums:

I have installed now:
- BG2fixpack
- BGT 1.02f
- DSotSC
- NTotSC
- Secrets of Bonehill
- TGC1e
- BG1NPC
- scsbgt
- worldmap v6
(in this order)

What I need to know now is:

1. is it still possible to add BG2 NPC into the BG2 part without starting over my main character? (hubelpot for example :D)
2. I read about baldurdash everywhere -- do I still need it after using BG2fixpack?
3. which BG2 mods are compatible with BGT / which are recommended
4. is it possible to install the XP-fixing tool (defjam?) now, without starting a new game?

Thanks for your help!
pc

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

1. Yes
2. No
3. Most
4. I think so.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

4. DEFJAM can be installed/ uninstalled/ reinstalled at any point in the mod install process or during the game at any point, without any side effects. if yr going to be changing it's values during yr game it's best, for convenience purposes, to install it as late as possible in yr install process.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 -parachute-

-parachute-

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for your help!

I installed defjam now. It's working nicely. It's really amazing, how good the game still is with all the mods and work that went into it.

Hardest part in BG for me now is: Where to go next? :D

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for your help!

I installed defjam now. It's working nicely. It's really amazing, how good the game still is with all the mods and work that went into it.

Hardest part in BG for me now is: Where to go next? :D

Anywhere you want, I should think.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)