BG1 BGT+BP troubleshooting help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -ABCD-

-ABCD-

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

Heya, I just installed the big picture with the bg trilogy mod and it seemed to work fine... Until I tried to enter nashkel mines which crashed the whole game.
There might be an easy solution to this but i havent got a clue on where to start looking, and im simple! :huh:

Clicking on Nashkel mines at the world map crashes the game (doesnt exit game just blacks the screen and windows error sound occurs too). It's very very annoying and if i remember correctly prevents me to move forward in bg1!
If anyone has an idea on what might be causing this or even know a solution please do tell.
ps. If i cant find a solution is there a way to skip the mines and move forward on the game? (console commands to keep the plot going or such?)

Help would be appreciated very much, thank you.

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

Did you also install the worldmap v6.4?

Post your weidu.log located in your bg2 directory

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 03 February 2007 - 04:11 PM.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core
Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~BGT/SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.02
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // --> This component is OPTIONAL <-- Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 Genre Mods & SoA/TOB + BP Family Mods...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

Yes I believe I did. I tried to obey the mega install as accurately as I could.

It seems as if the whole area file is missing or missplaced I wonder if i could locate the file. Thank you for help in advance.

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

Heya, I just installed the big picture with the bg trilogy mod and it seemed to work fine... Until I tried to enter nashkel mines which crashed the whole game.
There might be an easy solution to this but i havent got a clue on where to start looking, and im simple! :huh:

Clicking on Nashkel mines at the world map crashes the game (doesnt exit game just blacks the screen and windows error sound occurs too). It's very very annoying and if i remember correctly prevents me to move forward in bg1!
If anyone has an idea on what might be causing this or even know a solution please do tell.
ps. If i cant find a solution is there a way to skip the mines and move forward on the game? (console commands to keep the plot going or such?)

Help would be appreciated very much, thank you.

Are you able to CLUAConsole to the area?

It takes a village...