Problem with SoS and Dungeon BeGone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ButtGoat

ButtGoat
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

Hi!
I'm new to these boards, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have been a big fan of the BGT for many years. I'm writing here because I have a problem with the Dungeon BeGone mod. I've played "that" dungeon a 1000 times and am tired of it, hence I was using Dungeon BeGone. Recently though, I did a clean install of the both BG2 and ToB (and deleted all remaining folders such as override and saves), and installed SoS as well. Now DBG doesn't work. I installed BG2, subsequently I installed ToB and ToB fixpack 26498, then SoS (1.00), the SoS compatible ToB fixpack 112 (from sorcerer's place), BGToB safe XP cap remover, and then Dungeon BeGone (1.4). There were no issues with any of the installations. But DBG just doesn't kick in, Irenicus just goes on as always. I haven't played further than the opening sequence, because I can't be bothered completing the Irenicus' dungeon, so I don't know if there are any issues with SoS later in the game. All my WeiDU log says is this:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0

I then tried reinstalling BG2 and ToB again. Installed patch 26498 and boulderdashed. I downloaded the SoS 1.11 from this site and tried installing it. Then I installed DGB. Now it doesn't say "Shadows over Soubar" as it usually does where the "Shadows of Amn" used to be, and DGB still doesn't work. The WeiDU log looks like this:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

Can anyone help me?

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

Try to install DBG before SOS and see if it works better.

#3 ButtGoat

ButtGoat
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:45 AM

I tried doing as you said. Did a clean install, fixpack 26498 and fixpack 112 by Kevin Dorner, I didn't install SoS. I installed DGB and started the game; DGB didn't work. So SoS is not the problem (sorry). So I tried reinstalling again, and this time I didn't update anything. I only installed DGB - it didn't work. So the problem must be with DGB. I have had DGB working on my current computer before, with SoS installed, but I had the "characters-have-nothing-to-say-to-you" and blank dialogue screens problems. Now I really don't know what to do.

Edited by ButtGoat, 09 March 2007 - 06:46 AM.

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

Dont use that fixpack. Use the new one located here: http://www.gibberlin...net/bg2fixpack/

also

The original DBG patches baldur.bcs and I myself have had problems with it sometimes. Send me your email by PM and I can email you what I use that doesnt patch baldur.bcs but the area script and works 100% of the time.

Edited by ronin69hof, 09 March 2007 - 09:42 AM.

#5 ButtGoat

ButtGoat
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

I actually made it work, sort of. I reinstalled BG2 and ToB, updated with G3 fixpack, then installed SoS v 1.00 with "Quickened intro sequence" as the only extra (I don't remember if I installed fixpack or SoS first. I think it was in that order), then DGB, and this worked. At least DGB worked. So I installed G3 tweakpack as well. So I tried playing and everything seemed to work fine. I could see all dialogues and so forth. But I was a little lazy when I started the game, I just wanted to see SoS (never actually played it). So I used an old high lvl character file from a save game, I think I shot myself in the foot doing this, cause now Logan Coprith won't talk to me ("- has nothing to say"), this happened last time I played this character as well (yes, I know I'm stupid, but I was impatient). And Ceeb Isson wasn't to be found in Trademeet (this could stem from a bug where you have to see him before paying Gaelan). So tomorrow I will try reinstalling and playing through the game by modding my character through CLUAConsole only (I won't do it from scratch until I know it works, and CLUAConsole shouldn't ruin anything in that respect, should it?).