Photo

The Cliche

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: NPCs (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your fave?

1. Amie (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Bevil (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Kipp (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Khelgar (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Neeshka (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

6. Elanee (1 votes [6.25%])

7. Qara (1 votes [6.25%])

8. Grobnar (1 votes [6.25%])

9. Casavir (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

10. Bishop (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

11. Shandra (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Sand (1 votes [6.25%])

13. Zhjaeve (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Construct (1 votes [6.25%])

15. Ammon Jerro (1 votes [6.25%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

I'm not voting since I've yet to complete the game, or even get all the characters. But so far I rather like Khelgar.

Votes are good, reasons, superb!

Edited by Kellen, 16 March 2007 - 11:23 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

Spoilers Ahead! (Well, little ones.. kinda.... :D)

Okay.. You got me.. I voted for Khelgar, because I don't think that the PC could ever find a more devoted friend. And, devoted friends are very hard to find. :)

Second to that, I confess a soft spot for Ammon Jerro.. Just his story of his sacrifices to finally end the threat of the KoS is heartbreaking. I guess from that perspective, I don't totally understand his LE alignment. But then, as a good friend reminds me -- the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Perhaps he is a good example of this.. *sigh*

MG

Edit: To add spoiler alert.

Edited by MorningGlory, 16 March 2007 - 01:40 PM.

#3 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

I do like Khelgar. And it's kinda strange cause I've never really liked Dwarves, and I don't much care for fighters.

But then the fighters in 3.5 are so much better. And he is so fun. I can't believe why anyone wouldn't like him

About the Ammon Jerro part. I haven't gotten that far but have seen it elsewhere. No spoiling here.

Edited by Kellen, 16 March 2007 - 01:38 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#4 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:43 PM

I like Grobnar. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#5 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:18 AM

Hrmm... Grobnar looks to me like a rather poor attempt at a more music-oriented Jan. Gnome, insane, and inventor all at once. Still, as comic reliefs go, he isn't that bad.

I liked Khelgar, too, but he's so much the stereotype I can't vote him for favourite :).

Ammon Jerro... I don't get the Neutral Evil alignment, either. The man is Lawful Evil if anything, since he packs nothing of the selfishness that comes with NE. He's uncompromising, and the whole 'sacrifice the few to save the many' sounds like Lawful Evil to me. As story depth goes, he's one of the deeper ones, but I can't seem to forgive him for replacing Shandra. Killing off the only NPC with consistently decent screentime up till then somehow seems like bad game design.

Nope, my vote's on Sand. Intelligent, arrogant, and more wit than the rest of 'em can shake a stick at. His intro literally smells so much of an improved Edwin one I can't help but pick that as one of my favourite scenes in the game ("It's nice to see you're still sober enough to recognize me, Duncan. Besides the *sniffs* vinegar, failed aspirations, sweat, stale beer, I thought you'd had one tankard too many for the day." --> brilliant :)). Too bad they never did much more with the whole 'developed taste of smell' business; it was, for once, an original trait.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#6 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

And we've yet to have a duplicate vote. Interesting.

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

My vote went for Elanee. A lot of people don't like her, from what I read on various forums, but to me, she's the only outright *likable* npc in NWN2. Sure, I was fond of Khelgar, Grobnar grew on me, and Sand was fun to have around, but Elanee was really the only character I immediately liked. Then again, I was always a sucker for Jaheira in BG2. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

My vote goes to Khelgar, he's always raving about bashing stuff and his "blunt" dialogue is very amusing. I like to have him around because I often play a mage, and Khelgar makes an excellent bodyguard. :D

I admit that I like Sand much as well, he has the best dialogue overall.

#9 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

My vote went for Elanee. A lot of people don't like her, from what I read on various forums, but to me, she's the only outright *likable* npc in NWN2. Sure, I was fond of Khelgar, Grobnar grew on me, and Sand was fun to have around, but Elanee was really the only character I immediately liked. Then again, I was always a sucker for Jaheira in BG2. :)

WOOHOO!!! A Jaheira Lover!!!

Ahem. Cool. I've only had Elanee in my party such a short time. But if she's like Jaheira, :wub: :wub: :wub:

#10 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:29 AM

Exactly the reason why I didn't like Elanee much. I loved Jaheira in BG2, and Elanee's character feels like a watered-down, more openly emotional version of Jah. She even has the same 'jealousy moments' Jaheira has, has the whole 'watching you all the time' going on... hardly an original character.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 18 March 2007 - 04:31 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#11 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:33 AM

Still no votes on Neeshka. I can't imagine why. :lol2:

Maybe it's that annoying voice. (Honestly I know someone who is actually rather similar to Neeshka. I somewhat like her though.)

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Neeshka reminds me a bit of Imoen, and Mission Vao from KotOR. Of course Neeshka is a bit more chaotic and has characteristics common to all tieflings.

#13 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hmm Neeshka doesn't yet remind me of Imoen. But I've only had her such a short time

#14 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Neeshka not on my favorite list. For some reasons, I kept forgetting her name, remembering her only as the annoying one with horns. :lol: I like Sand, like Lord Ernie says, Sand is witty and arrogant plus I do have a soft spot for elves.