47 replies to this topic

#1 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

Authors: Yacomo, King Diamond, Erebusant and Weigo

The World Map Mod adds a great map to Baldur's Gate and is an attempt to have one universal map for all mods for Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, BG2: Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal. The BG2 engine is required, so to use it with BG1 you need to use BGT or BGTutu. Players and testers should post bugs and questions here. Modders should post their needs to integrate their mods here.

Download Here at SHS or at the official SHS GitHub Mirror.

from the ReadMe
This mod replaces the ingame worldmap with a large, new worldmap. It is used especially for the Megamodification (BGT, TDD, SOS, CtB, TS, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, Drizzt Saga...) or partial installations of the Megamodification.

It is also compatible with BG:EE, BGII:EE, and EET.

It also includes a full set of coloured map icons. The mod offers the choice between two different worldmap sizes: large and huge. Either of these two worldmaps can be used for BG1, BG2 and ToB. Alternatively, a smaller, specially prepared worldmap can be used for ToB. The mod also offers optional, alternative travel times and area visibility. Lastly, the mod includes a savegame converter, which allows old saved games to be updated to include the new map(s). (The worldmap data is also stored in the savegame files. If you want to install this worldmap, run the savegame converter and you don't have to start a new game.)

Edited by jastey, 08 January 2020 - 01:52 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:31 AM

Cool, but the use of BP-BGT is going to be so hard to abandon... :ph34r:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

I am a bit confused... :unsure:

I click on the link but I only get the chance to download the "old" 6.4 version of the World Map...

Does the initial post refer to that although it's been posted two days ago ?

Edited by Salk, 01 April 2007 - 06:25 AM.

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

I am a bit confused... :unsure:

I click on the link but I only get the chance to download the "old" 6.4 version of the World Map...

Does the initial post refer to that although it's been posted two days ago ?

The new v6.5 WM should be released soon. It's pretty awesome.

It takes a village...

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:57 AM

Hope the random encounters links were fixed.

#6 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the info, erebusant! :cheers:

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

Hope the random encounters links were fixed.

No more random encounters within the confines of Baldur's Gate <_< There's a lot fewer travel links and the area apperance on the map has been fixed in the revised travel time component as well so the adjacent areas appear correctly as you walk to the edges of the area maps now.

Edited by erebusant, 03 April 2007 - 02:39 PM.

It takes a village...

#8 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

Jus a quick question ... does it support Drizzt saga mod?

Thanks,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#9 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

Thanks,

mm75

Yes!

TheWizard must upload it on the servers only!

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

Thanks,

mm75

Yes!

TheWizard must upload it on the servers only!

Did something happen with america.iegmc.net? I keep geting a domain suspended message when I go to the download page.

It takes a village...

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

I just tried it and it works for me.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

I get the following every time I try to go to it:

Account for domain america.iegmc.net has been suspended

It takes a village...

#13 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

I get the following every time I try to go to it:

Account for domain america.iegmc.net has been suspended

It works for me .... the mod has not been uploaded yet but the page is working fine ...

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#14 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

http://america.iegmc.net/ was down for me several days ago (it was some weird page talking about hosting tools), but currently, it works. Something has changed on the server though (the font is not the same as before).

This mod was designed for use with the Big Picture - Baldur's Gate Trilogy compatibility mod (BP-BGT) and was primarily tested in this environment. It should however work with plain Baldur's Gate 2, Throne of Bhaal, TuTu as well as with any combination of mods that are part of BP-BGT, i.e. with The Darkest Day (TDD), Shadows over Soubar (SOS), Tortured Souls (TS), Neverending Journey (NeJ), Check the Bodies (CtB), Secret of Bonehill (BH), Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BP-BGT (DSotSC), Northern Tales of the SwordCoast for BP-BGT (NtotSC),Reign of Terror (ROT) etc. as long as you install them before you install this mod.
TDD
SOS
TS
NeJ2
CtB

And BGT-WeiDU alone ? :unsure:
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#15 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

And BGT-WeiDU alone ? :unsure:

Yes

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#16 pokie

pokie
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

Due to all the incredibly long titles under normally unnamed map locations, i cannot select the Xvar village near Gnoll stronghold because all of the titles obscure it and force me to select another location. This is very very annoying. Help please?

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Due to all the incredibly long titles under normally unnamed map locations, i cannot select the Xvar village near Gnoll stronghold because all of the titles obscure it and force me to select another location. This is very very annoying. Help please?

Sounds like you are getting a whole bunch of dialog strings instead of map area titles on your map, meaning your dialog.tlk is not the same as it was when you 1st played your game. in this case you'll need to start a new game.

It takes a village...

#18 pokie

pokie
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Sounds like you are getting a whole bunch of dialog strings instead of map area titles on your map, meaning your dialog.tlk is not the same as it was when you 1st played your game. in this case you'll need to start a new game.

Oh. Your diagnosis sounds right. Is it possible to save my progress in the current game somehow?

#19 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

Oh. Your diagnosis sounds right. Is it possible to save my progress in the current game somehow?

Please post your WeiDU log. The only way to use a save game is if your Worldmap was previously installed at the end of your install after any mods that made changes to your dialog.tlk file. Then you can run the Save game converter at the end of your Worldmap install and be on your merry way. If changed the installation order in any way with mods that make changes to your dialog.tlk, then your dialog strings will be in a different order and you won't be able to use your saved games.

It takes a village...

#20 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Why not just tell him/her how to manually update worldmap?