is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image
#4 Challenge:
Edwin
Deadline: Friday, 6th April
Post your piece in this topic!

After two quite challenging subjects, our fourth Weekly Fanart Challenge features a very familiar face: our favourite Red Wizard of Thay - Edwin Odesseiron. He's been travelling with you for two games, and he might have even fallen for you. Now is your chance to illustrate Edwin - and remember to think hard: nosering, or no nosering? :D

Medium is free! Finger paints! Pixel art! 3D rendering! What ever from pencil to photoshop! As long as it's your own, we welcome your entry. This is not a contest, nobody wins and nobody loses, so you don't have to be ashamed of your supposed lousy drawing skills!

Start drawing, people! And Archmage, I will expect an entry especially from YOU. :devil:

EDIT: Thank you everyone for participating! This challenge is now closed but comments are still welcome here.

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:39 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:38 AM

Wahey! :woot:

I didn't have as many of these as I expected. However!
netherscroll.gif
(Holy hell, this one is over two years old! :blink: )

Someone should take Edwin's computer away from him - it's clearly not good for him.
PICS.gif

...no, I don't have an excuse this time either. <_<

#3 Discord

Discord
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Wow, Vilkacis, thats freakin hillarious. Nice work!

#4 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

gunna enjoy this one. wonder how many people will draw Edwina. I sure will be one!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#5 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:30 PM

Not exactly my best work, but here ye go!

Attached Images

• img064.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:34 AM

I should be able to sketch something next week, if I'm not terribly busy.

#7 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

Here is a Snes Edwin. Let's just say that Snes + Beard + Hood = Impossibility. Not my best work but I want to participate and got little time.

Posted Image
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#8 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Thehehee I so adore IronOx's sprites. :wub: It looks great, and oddly cute! :D

Also Galsic's Edwin is fantastic, though his expression doesn't strike me as very Edwin-ish. Hmm!

Edited by Ilmatar, 01 April 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

Gah. I'm trying to find my pastels, and can't find them anywhere. I just can't do Edwin in pencil.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

*Gives berelinde a magical pastel-finding device* :D

I thought this would be a good excuse for me to make an alternative portrait for Edwin. It's difficult. :o

#11 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Heh. Needs a little adjustment. It's set for crayons.

Still, I can probably manage something, because, as everyone knows, the only color one really needs for Edwin is RED.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#12 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

And of course gold because of all the jewellry. :D

#13 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

*Begins imagining Monochrome Edwin* Hmm. I like the rose red cheeks though. :D
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#14 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

Argh! How come you can draw someone you don't really care about that much - like last week Bodhi - just like that and it turns out pretty good? And how come every time you draw someone you *really* like, who is one of your favourite characters, you feel that NOTHING is right in the picture?

Just like our Edwin here. This drawing has SO many things wrong with it. ARGH.

Attached Images

• altedwin1.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 01 April 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

WOW, I am so totally using that on my next playthrough when I use the Edwin Romance :D Amazing work!

#16 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

Because when you like them it has to be PERFECT!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#17 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

I shouldn't have bothered, but what the hells. None of you know where I live, so the chances of getting my house egged for this travesty are remote.

The eyes are up where the eyebrows should be, so the proportions are pretty fooked. You get used to pastels, which erase, and then you try crayons, which don't, and there's bound to be damage.

Attached Images

• edwin0001.jpg

berelinde's mods

#18 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

But, berelinde... it is Gavin! :D

(We have an anekdote about this: after the Cold War ended, a factory was re-branded; instead of producing Kalashnikov rifles they went for kitchen utensils. But whatever the workers were doing, whatever details they were assembling, in the end, they still got Kalashnikov rifles).

Ahem. Sorry. But anyway, a very pretty Edwin in the line of very pretty Edwins. Somehow, they just don't look Lawful Evil, you know...

#19 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Ahem. Sorry. But anyway, a very pretty Edwin in the line of very pretty Edwins. Somehow, they just don't look Lawful Evil, you know...

I blame Laufey. She gave us the chance to change his alignment. :D

#20 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:29 AM

Heh. You draw your DnD character for 28 years and see what you get when you try to draw something else. Maybe I'll have another go at it if today's pastel search comes up with something. No more sidewalk crayons. It's like trying to play piano while wearing mittens.

berelinde's mods