Photo

BG1 to BG2 conversion

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 quazi

quazi
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:11 PM

Wondering how feasible a conversion between Baldur's Gate 1 and Baldur's Gate 2 would be.  I really can't stand playing through Baldur's Gate 1 anymore with its horrible resolution and lack of character creation choices compared to Baldur's Gate 2.  I'm aware this is unlikely to happen, but im curious is this would be as simple as converting baldur's gate 2 to icewind dale 2 (Icewind Gate 2).

#2 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:37 PM

Well, I heard that a certain someone just bought Baldur's Gate I, so if we provide a tonne of support I'm sure it might not be too long until something like that begins.

*Crosses his fingers*

We'll have to wait for IWG2 to be completed, of course.

#3 Kiki

Kiki

Philosopher Queen in training

• 499 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:10 PM

Wes didn't own BG1 till now? That's simply appalling.
Placetne, magistra?

#4 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:48 AM

There's something in the works like this already over at teambg, the BG trilogy.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#5 -Sim-

-Sim-

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:20 AM

Information on the BG1 -> BG2 conversion project is here.

#6 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:01 AM

I'll hold out for the 500k converter instead of the 2.5 gigabyte download, thanks. :)

NOBODY MADE NO ONE DOWNLOAD NOTHING.

#7 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:03 PM

I'll hold out for the 500k converter instead of the 2.5 gigabyte download, thanks. :)

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the conversion over at Teambg. :blink:
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#8 -Sim-

-Sim-

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:14 PM

Heh, I couldn't agree more. I'd rather have BG1 -> BG2 than BG1 -> IWD2 personally, though.

#9 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:55 PM

Heh, I couldn't agree more. I'd rather have BG1 -> BG2 than BG1 -> IWD2 personally, though.

Ditto.

#10 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:07 AM

Ditto.

Me three. But WotC might have something to say about it, wanting all "new" products being 3e or whatever.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#11 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 19 April 2003 - 05:30 PM

If you own both games, which you'll have to do, it won't matter. What're they gonna do, come into everyone's house and uninstall BGI, BGII, IWD1, PST, and those ancient Gold Box things? :)

#12 ak404

ak404

One-Armed Drunken Kensei

• 111 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 12:25 PM

At first, I got all excited until I noticed the 2.2 gig thing. Personally, and I haven't gone through that entire thread over there, mind you, I'd only like to see a graphical conversion, leaving everything else alone. If this means that my ranger can't dual-weild, so be it. I can always reallocate the weapon proficiency slots at the beginning at BG2, just like every other converted character I've had to deal with.

What I'd like to know is why I sometimes have to re-roll my stats when I convert my BG1 paladin into a BG2 cavalier or inquisitor, but oh well.