Hello!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

Wow! Itīs been a long time since I last posted something here. And a long time since the mod was released...

Anyway, just wanted to check on how things are going with RoT. Looking at the topics itīs still the same buggy old shit as ever. :rolleyes: :D
I also noticed that a lot of people have been asking for help on how to progress -or how to fix something that doesnīt work as supposed- but have not got the answers they need. I canīt help you with bugs anymore but I can answer some "how to progress" - questions. I am doing absolutely nothing in my life at the moment so now is the perfect time to ask me questions about the mod. Iīll check back here for a couple of weeks and answer all the questions you have - if you still have any questions.

Another thing...I was just thinking about the things I put in the mod and I have some question for you:

1. Did anyone ever do the "Eye of a God" - quest? It was meant to be a cool and a challenging hack 'n' slash quest and one of the most important features in the game. Did you like or did it suck?

2. Did anyone join the Cult in Icewind Dale? It was supposed to be something different. Waste of time or OK?

3. Did anyone do the second Cadderly Quest (demons attacking) and get the SPECIAL SECRET ending for it? I meant it to be a great moment in the mod and I spent a lot of time trying to make it work right.
Hereīs what was supposed to happen:
a. You did not meet the stupid adventurer (the one who you see sometimes, he forms his own party and is just stupid) many times enough
- In the end of the Cadderly quest you just kill the demons and thatīs that

b. You met the adventurer every time possible (even the last meeting in the tavern in Arlax) THIS IS TEH SECRET ENDING:
- In the end of the Cadderly quest the demon kills the priest who was supposed to close the portal. You battle in vain against the demons and Drizzt starts talking about wanting to sacrifice his life and close the portal...Try for your self what happens. ;)
^
|
|
|
Did anyone ever experience that? Itīs my favourite part of the mod. :D

Anyway, see you! :cheers:

Edited by Gilgamesh, 19 April 2007 - 03:37 AM.

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

Hello!

You don't know me but I'm one of the many fans of your mod. It's my favorite quest mod mainly because I never know what to expect next. So, Big Thanks to you and the other developers and game-testers!

I don't know how I missed it during its development; but I am glad I did find it last year. The bugs have been correctable so far, and as you read thru the two bug threads, I don't think we've reached anything that couldn't be handle - especially given that peeps like myself are not modders.

I had a situation, reported here - http://www.shsforums...showtopic=23563 - that stopped me from continuing. I have two games going, so in my second one I'ld like to know what to do correctly/next to proceed.

Perhaps, could you put you extra info as hints in the 'Quest list' thread, that way people will the info in one place.

A favor: could you remove the spoiler above - I want to be surprised (too late!) when that moment comes. I would have never expected it!

#3 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:41 AM

Spoiler removed. Sorry!

Thankīs for the support! :)

#4 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Hey Gilgamesh welcome back!

Like Azazello I'm a big fan of your mod. I think we both started ROT around the same time last summer, and saw the few bugs encountered mostly squashed. Really this is probably my favorite mod for several reasons and I'd like to give you a lot of credit for the work involved. Several years back I was following progress on the mod and thought it wouldn't be finished. Checked back again when I reinstalled BG2 last year and it was done! And in easy install weidu too! Good times. :D

I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very pleasantly suprised. All the areas are quite good, and its cool that you used IWD1 and especially IWD2 areas which other modders haven't touched. The quests were all well done and even the oddball ones like the dissillusioned wizard (great master?) were interesting. One of my favorites was The Dragon Sanctuary which left my PC with "most powerful slain - The Great One ". Ha, priceless. Also was impressed with The Castle quests, in my opinion cooler and more fun than the original D'Arnise keep. If I had modding skill that would be something I'd add content to because it was so enjoyable. I could go on but you get the picture. :rolleyes: Lots of content, areas, and quests, and all well done.

The only problems I had were :
1)the cadderly quest which Azazello helped fix.
2)The fact that you needed Wulfgar to have Drizzt join (on my megainstall I had to many characters to juggle, but clua'd drizzt later ok).
3)Ctd in Arlax forge, again fixed.
4)When considering joining cult for kicks got caught rifling treasure, all went hostile so never found out what happens. Also some areas were locked in cult room.

I'm actually trying to keep notes this time to write a walkthrough-light for the mod, but its tough to read my own writing heh.

Haven't finished the whole mod yet, but PC is evil so I'm looking forward to have Entreri and Jarlaxle join.

As far as your questions:
1)Didn't make it to eye of a god quest yet, but pip has his own forge now.
2)The Cult quest was cool but sacking their treasure first was my mistake. I would have liked to see the regular outcome.
3)Not yet, but have bumped into Hamen 2 or 3 times so far. Amusing by the way.

By the way the yellow armor "that looks good on you" is probably my favorite (from the Arena). :)

A big congratulations and thank you Gil. :cheers:

#5 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the compliments! It's nice to hear people have liked the mod. :)

About the Castle Quest...I've been surprised with it's popularity. It was among the first things I put in the mod in... 2002 (?) and I never thought it would be something that people still remeber after completing the mod. I was also sure it wouldn't work as supposed after the release because I had lot's of difficulties making that quest. It was really a pain in the ass to try to make it play out smoothly...
Anyway, I'm glad it does work and people like it. :)

Have fun with the mod! :)

#6 dragon

dragon
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

Hello!

Just started the Eye of a God quest, but met a problem. The Guardian told that I need to find four tablets and told about places where they are. He also told that some guardians will appear as soon as I take tablets and will take them from me and I should kill them to get tablets back. I've found tablets, but after killing guardians they do not have tablets.

Can anybody help?

#7 --Gilgamesh--

--Gilgamesh--

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

Unfortunately I canīt remeber how that part goes but I'm pretty sure that if you donīt get the tablets you need by the way you are supposed to get them (have you read the instructions for the search of the tablets properly, have you checked if the tablets appear in your inventory automatically...), the problem you are having is some sort of a bug which is caused by an error in the script running that part of the quest.

If this is a bug then you can try to ask if someone knows the names of the tablets in cheats so you can get them that way.

#8 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

A walkthrough would be nice to have, not only a simple quest list. Like the ones from Dan Simpson, since you got time on your hands... :)