Photo

NWN2 screenshots.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

So, Hello, How about some NWN2 screenshots?
Anyone got any?

The Fight against Lizards.
Posted Image

Jaw Off
Posted Image

Me, Khelgar and Neeshka
Posted Image

Neeshka
Posted Image

My Char
Posted Image

The Battle
Posted Image

This pic MAY be a spoiler, to some. The End Boss Fight.

My and Neeshka's outfits are made by Aleanne and edited in Toolset by me

Edited by DS Divine, 07 May 2007 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

What on Toril is up with you Oblivion folks and scantily clad female characters? I mean no offense, but Neeshka in an armored bikini is just... wrong.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

What on Toril is up with you Oblivion folks and scantily clad female characters? I mean no offense, but Neeshka in an armored bikini is just... wrong.

Nothing wrong with that.

Actually I made Neeshka's outfit to be similiar to the one Anna had in Planescape: Torment
Posted Image

#4 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Just call me old-fashioned, then, but I find that sort of thing really distasteful. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#5 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

I'll have to wait with posting screenshots until Monkey and Duck release their next pack, I think.

You have been warned. *eyebrow waggle*

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.s: Yes, this is a lady speaking. We're allowed to waggle our eyebrows too, darnit!

Edited by Jazhara7, 07 May 2007 - 10:38 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#6 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

I wouldn't be one to say distasteful or not, but I can certainly say, it isn't the most practical.

My sister on the other hand freaks over it. Just freaks. I'll see about some screenies soon.

Edited by Kellen, 07 May 2007 - 10:45 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#7 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:55 PM

Nothing fancy in the way of screenshots. Unlike Oblivion I haven't thought about taking any inparticular or at a certain time. I think I have a couple that I took last time I played. I haven't played for a while so don't remember their names. I have three on the go :blink:
I need to look up the commands to remove the HUD before taking a screenie, if there are any :unsure:

In the swamps

My second character being ganged up on. She's in the middle.

Astra, casting in the background. I can't remember who I was controlling.

That is all. After going through my screens (I've others that are pretty boring) I want to go and play now :D

Agreed. Maybe in Oblivion it's alright, but in NWN it just seems wrong. I play both and in NWN am more interested in playing than looking at
my character :)

Edited by MystykStar, 07 May 2007 - 11:59 PM.

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:14 AM

Just call me old-fashioned, then, but I find that sort of thing really distasteful. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Yes. I do hope she isn't looking like this by default, and it's possible to cover her up somehow. If I ever get to play this game, I do wish to run an adventuring party, not... something else.

The screenshots look rather ugly to me, except the second, black-and-white one: the scenery looks very realistic.

What repels me in NWN series, is that a breach between me, the player, and PC, my character, feels like a real deep rift. In Baldur's Gate, I could easily slip into my character's shoes, despite(or maybe because) sprite animations, 2D and isometric view. But in NWN1 - and 2, I suspect - the character feels like a separate entity, and I am just watching her. Even with good old isometric view - it's just isn't the same. The immersion is not there.

That sucks.

#9 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

Yes. I do hope she isn't looking like this by default, and it's possible to cover her up somehow. If I ever get to play this game, I do wish to run an adventuring party, not... something else.

A Harem?

@MystykStar In that last one, you are controlling Neeshka

Oh and aye, not always the best of graphics. I could show you my sky, but I warn you, it's scary. I could still give some screenies though, soon...
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:05 AM

A Harem?

Rather, a brothel. :) I don't mind a harem, but if it was possible to have one in the game I'd still like my male/female concubines(how do you say 'male concubines' in English, by the way?) to be wearing a proper top and pants/skirts.

#11 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:34 AM

Here's one screenshot of my character figthing a couple of Mummy Lords:

Posted Image

Also, when I saw that paused scene, the refrain of this song popped into my head, except that I had never consciously heard the "I don't", so I thought it was "I do feel like dancing".

My character is Cheru M'Achet (Cheru M'Achet = Cheru M Achet = "Voice at the Horizon" in Ancient Egyptian, where "Cheru" is Voice, "M" is "at the" and "Achet" is "Horizon"). I only later realised I should have made her a bard with that name.

Oh, and someone on another pointed out that "Mummy Lords" sounds a bit like a name for some rotting-tooth sweet. :P

Here's another one I like (Draggie!!!)

Posted Image

By the way, if anyone is angry anbout NWN 2 saving the screenshots in jpg format, and by that reducing the quality, you can change the format it saves screenshots in by going to where the game is installed, opening NWN.ini and changing the file type in the line "Screenshot Format" (It's under Graphics Options in that file) to the format you want. I changed it to "tga" like in NWN. The two screenshots I posted were still ones saved as JPG, but since I have a very high resolution I had to scale them down, and the traces of compression are no longer as visible.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#12 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

Thanks Kellen, I see now :)

Just dropped out of playing and I'd forgotten how much fun it is :) Can someone please remind me what the command, or key, to remove the icons and HUD is when taking a screenie?

Thanks!

#13 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:45 AM

You guys really hate me huh? :D

Ok, here are few pics of my first NWN2 character,
He is normal aasimar paladin named Aaron.

Aaron
Posted Image

The normal party
Posted Image

Khelgar The Monk (Screen made when I still had my crappy video card)
Posted Image

This armor is the best choice for an adventurer! 100% body protect and warm too!
Posted Image

I don't know, the characters in my previous post were simply inspired by Clyde Caldwell painting, who painted a numerous D&D and (I think) Forgotten Realms themed "scantily-clad" ladies.

When I play NWN, NWN2 or just about any other rpg, I concentrate on playing too, but having a cool-looking character doesn't stop me from roleplaying.
Especially when I already beated the game once.

EDIT: Mystyk, simply press "H" button

Edited by DS Divine, 08 May 2007 - 05:46 AM.

#14 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

Wow!!! Great screenies, guys!!! :D I've got a couple of the battle with the last three Reavers in the Illfarn dungeon from my last run-through as a Sorcerer I will try to dig up.. Spells galore bouncing off those ancient stone walls!

Scantily-clad still looks better than either barkskin or stoneskin, imo. Stoneskin, in particular, makes the characters look like mini-golems.

And, slightly OT, but sex in fantasy games .... NWN1 and FABLE:TLC and ARCANUM SPOILERS AHEAD...

NWN1 has a well-established brothel in its storyline. There are even a handful of sidequests that deal with a couple of the 'employees.'

In F:TLC, you can actually become the owner of the Darkwood Brothel, and obtaining entrance to the resident Demon Door requires that you prove your 'stud-liness' by racking up 20 sexual encounters with the girls there. If you wish, you can later let your conscience get the better of you, and rather than stopping by for a quickie and picking up the 'rent' (after you buy it, that is, because as owner you don't have to pay for your girls' services, and the establishment generates income for you), you can turn the place into a refuge for 'fallen women.'

In Arcanum, you can stop by the local brothel and buy the services of any number of lovelies.. Even two at a time.. And, if you don't have the gold at the moment and don't want to spend the night alone, the Madam offers a discounted sheep for your sexual pleasure.. Yep.. You heard me.. A real, live, CG, four-legged, furry, baa-baa SHEEP. It's really the funniest thing in the entire game..

I suppose that the various game devs figured that "all work and no play makes your Adventuring Party a pretty dull group." :D

#15 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

*snippety*
EDIT: Mystyk, simply press "H" button

Thanks, too easy :)
Your screens are nice, mine are pretty pathetic :lol:

#16 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Khelgar vs. Dragon
Posted Image

Derikan the Ranger with his gang
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gavid the Paladin and gang
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Darzigo
Posted Image
Posted Image

I love this shot
Posted Image

Neeshka does the high fly
Posted Image

I have quite afew more but I didn't want to overdo it. :P

#17 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

Oh you may keep posting screenies. Very pretty.

And aye, I know, no screenshots from me yet. But who wants to see that pitiful little swamp again. I'll get a move on. Maybe I'll get a screen of some character info too.

#18 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

Wow!!! Great screenies, guys!!! :D I've got a couple of the battle with the last three Reavers in the Illfarn dungeon from my last run-through as a Sorcerer I will try to dig up.. Spells galore bouncing off those ancient stone walls!

Scantily-clad still looks better than either barkskin or stoneskin, imo. Stoneskin, in particular, makes the characters look like mini-golems.

And, slightly OT, but sex in fantasy games .... NWN1 and FABLE:TLC and ARCANUM SPOILERS AHEAD...

NWN1 has a well-established brothel in its storyline. There are even a handful of sidequests that deal with a couple of the 'employees.'

In F:TLC, you can actually become the owner of the Darkwood Brothel, and obtaining entrance to the resident Demon Door requires that you prove your 'stud-liness' by racking up 20 sexual encounters with the girls there. If you wish, you can later let your conscience get the better of you, and rather than stopping by for a quickie and picking up the 'rent' (after you buy it, that is, because as owner you don't have to pay for your girls' services, and the establishment generates income for you), you can turn the place into a refuge for 'fallen women.'

In Arcanum, you can stop by the local brothel and buy the services of any number of lovelies.. Even two at a time.. And, if you don't have the gold at the moment and don't want to spend the night alone, the Madam offers a discounted sheep for your sexual pleasure.. Yep.. You heard me.. A real, live, CG, four-legged, furry, baa-baa SHEEP. It's really the funniest thing in the entire game..

I suppose that the various game devs figured that "all work and no play makes your Adventuring Party a pretty dull group." :D

Yeah, but Obsidian took out even that. While in NWN 1, you could visit the Moonstone Mask (though only once), in NWN 2 the Moonstone Mask has been converted to an inn with maybe company, but not intimate company.

I'm not complaining, but I think it is a bit too prudish too. I mean, the normal clothing without armor of any character in the game covers every bit of skin, and some of them even wear *gloves*. I don't want my character to strip naked or anything, but for example, in NWN 1 they had underwear.

Really, I have a feeling Obsidian are a bunch of prudes.

And they couldn't even create a proper romance!

- :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#19 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, but Obsidian took out even that. While in NWN 1, you could visit the Moonstone Mask (though only once), in NWN 2 the Moonstone Mask has been converted to an inn with maybe company, but not intimate company.

I'm not complaining, but I think it is a bit too prudish too. I mean, the normal clothing without armor of any character in the game covers every bit of skin, and some of them even wear *gloves*. I don't want my character to strip naked or anything, but for example, in NWN 1 they had underwear.

Really, I have a feeling Obsidian are a bunch of prudes.

And they couldn't even create a proper romance!

- :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I totally agree on all counts... But then, we probably shouldn't expect a reality-based romance from any source that is priggishly attentive to their concept of propriety.

Btw, in Fable, the PC (male, you have no gender choice) has default skivvies with a Union Jack plastered across the butt. Very amusing.. And, you can't help but notice, because when you dress your character, you have to remove the current clothing to don the 'new' clothing. Gee -- just like 'real life!' LOL

#20 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:40 AM

I found the H button but it took me some time to find the Pause button :blink: Spacebar, who would've guessed ;)
Nothing fancy, maybe a bit dark.

I like those spells that light up the floor :)

Poor Neeshka...Khelgar saved us all, though :)

One day I'll figure out how to pause the game during a nice lightshow, and I'll pump up my graphics, too. My card is overkill for NWN2 but struggles in Oblivion :angry: