Beating off stagnation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

Firstly I wanted to say how nice it is to see people with such interest in Oblivion and I have really enjoyed looking at your screenies, but I have a problem.

I currently own Oblivion but without the Knight of the Nine and Shivering Isle and run the game on a fairly old pc. I must say the graphics although awesome are no where near on full spec. Despite it's beauty and detail I am starting to find that I am getting bored with just the simple hack and slash. One reason could be that I do not get very far in the single player main campaign because of real life taking me away from the game then when I come back I want to play a different character.

But! On Friday I have a new pc coming and intend to start playing again and I wanted to know if there were any mods that added more depth to the game in the same way there are great mods for BGII such as extra quests with deep storylines, romanceable npc's, strongholds...etc. I've had a quick look at the mods and I've so far just seen custom items/clothing, graphical tweaks and naked female models. Maybe I'm missing the better mods or is that all that there is so far?

Also I wanted to know if it's worth getting shivering isles/knights of the nine because I will most likely play a evil character (I find good guys overplayed by myself) and simply want to know if these add-ons are just hack and slash or is there some more depth to it than that. If anyone has any tips on making the game more interesting or would like to point out what I may be doing wrong in my approach to the game then feel free to rip! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#2 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:46 AM

Well.. Knights of the Nine isn't so good for evil characters, but, the retail version comes with all the other DLC Content, some of which is /definitely/ suited to evil characters. =)

Shivering Isles, is more suited to an evil character, than knights of the nine, by /far/.

As for the naked female models, they're suprisingly useful, due to just how terrible the models for /both/ genders were. most of them come with underwear versions, too. =)

Strongholds... Well, there are a few things like that, yes =)

http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/ <-- this site has quite a few types =)

Quests? Try here ---> http://devnull.devak...ages.com/quests

As for, um.. romanceable npcs.. not so many of those, but, there are a few companions around, the best, imo, has a nasty bug, at present, but, keep an eye out for that one, called "Companion Nekeesha" (you'd probably know the spelling on that one, better than me, though =P

There's also the Dremora Companion, Amoz (more to the name, but, mostly shortened to Amoz) It is just about to release a patch, to deal with the Shivering Isles Hungers bug. (It may've released it, already, though.)

If you're playing a magic using character of /any/ sort, I'd recommend Supreme Magicka, by Flyfightflea.

Another quest+weapon mod, that I'd wholeheartedly recommend, is.. Arrows of The Ayleid King, by Nicoroshi (A modder here at SHS), Hobbs, and FlyFightFlea. Its absolutely brilliant! Fully voice acted, too. =) (The quality of the voice acting is brilliant, too, they really put a lot of effort into it =) )